Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by will_witch:
<STRONG>

And why didn't they give the award to the second on the poll - Gale? It's bull***** and it's pissing me off.
</STRONG>

here's what happened:

Steven from GLADD said the reason the person needed to be present was to discuss the impact of their character on the gay community. As you said he made it very clear that they tried everything to accommodate both Randy or Gale and neither was available.

He also discussed that this rumor of Anti QAF bias was not true on the part of GLADD. He mentioned that it was felt that QAF needed to represent people of color and less sex and drugs. His exact words were that GLADD has always given QAF a "Statement of support with concerns".
Old 04-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

No problem [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I can not wait until the new season love for Randy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 04-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Supreme Fan

http://www.twnonline.org/040415_tele...y_harrison.htm

Justin time
Randy Harrison discusses the
ins and outs of his ‘QAF’ role

By LOANN HALDEN
Features Editor

Let’s get this clear right off the bat: Randy Harrison is not Justin Taylor, the young man who has so memorably engaged in a romantic tango with "Queer As Folk" bad boy Brian Kinney (Gale Harold) for the past three seasons of the Showtime gay series. He only plays the part.
It might seem like a ridiculous thing to point out, but the blurring of lines between reality and TV land is one of those curious phenomena that occur when a previously unknown actor rockets to fame in a high-profile role. Viewers have watched Justin grow up on "Queer As Folk"; he’s come out, survived a gay bashing, and tapped into his sexually uninhibited side along with his creative talents.

NEW ATTITUDE: In the upcoming season, Justin (Randy Harrison), right – with a new look – will finally deal with his feelings about his gay bashing.

Photo by Pief Weyman

Meanwhile Harrison, a theatrically trained performer, has had to learn how to deal with life in the public eye, where an ardent fan base has lead to the production of merchandise like "Justin Infatuation" T-shirts emblazoned with his image.
"Most of the growing [I’ve done] hasn’t come directly from playing the character but more from the way my life has changed and the kind of things I’ve learned from being in a position of being on a television show," says Harrison, at the Miami launch party for "QAF’s" fourth season, which begins April 18.
"Which has in a lot of ways strengthened my resolve – what it takes to assert your individuality all the time has always been important to me, learning to stand up for myself, learning to figure out as quickly as possible exactly what people want from you and how to give them what you’re capable of giving them without feeling like a total whore yourself."
The politicized nature of the show has added another dimension to that process for the openly gay actor, who is friendly but reserved in person.
"I think the hardest thing for me is – I’ve never had any problem being out and I love talking about gay issues and stuff – but because I came out at the same time that I became known as this character, people have such a hard time differentiating me from Justin and my story from Justin’s, which can become frustrating because sometimes people are asking me about things like: ‘How did it feel when Brian showed up at your prom?’ " Harrison says.
"You’re like, ‘You’re talking about Justin. How did I feel playing that part or how do I think Justin felt?’ You feel like you’re picking over someone’s semantics when you correct them, but it’s a really significant thing.
"It’s also strange to represent something that isn’t necessarily yourself, and people are always going to associate my opinion about a gay issue with whatever it seems the opinion of ‘Queer of Folk’ is on that issue," he adds. "But I’m actually really glad that I’m a part of something that does talk about issues. I feel like we were the first show that really showed gay sexuality on television. As trashy as it can potentially get, it is a significant thing to occur and to now exist. I’m really glad about that. I would have rather been doing this than practically any other TV series – except for a few."
Don’t ask. No amount of prodding will get him to name those shows.
"If I do that, they’ll kill me," he laughs.
These days Harrison is sporting a funky buzz cut instead of the long blonde locks of seasons past. The change in hairstyle actually ties into a key plot in the fourth season, which just wrapped in Toronto.
"A friend of Justin’s gets bashed and chooses not to press charges, which brings up a bunch of feelings that Justin hasn’t dealt with about his own bashing," says Harrison, who was quite happy to alter his look. "That leads to a whole big storyline at the beginning of the season. Then his career really takes off, which is kind of interesting. Hopefully they’ll do more with it next year – or if we have another year – it takes him away potentially from Pittsburgh and the people there for some time. It’s something he’s trying to balance."
Part of that juggling act will, of course, involve Justin’s rekindled relationship with Brian. Their tumultuous love affair is a perfect example of the Harrison-Taylor divide.
When asked if he would ever be attracted to the ****ty ad man in real life, he can’t say "no" fast enough.
"He would sicken me actually – and bore me, really," says Harrison, who is in a longtime relationship.
But he has a great off-camera rapport with Gale Harold.
"We’re good friends. I have a lot of respect for him. I learn a lot from him. I love talking to him," Harrison says. "I think he more than anybody else understands my position in doing the show a lot of time."
Although most people know Harrison from his television debut in "Queer As Folk," the 26-year-old actor has two decades of experience under his belt already. He began acting as a child, and went on to receive a bachelor’s degree in theater from the University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music. His diverse stage credits from theaters across the country include "A Letter from Ethel Kennedy," "Grease" and "West Side Story." In 2002, he appeared in a Showtime film about school bullying, "Bang Bang, You’re Dead."
Ten years from now, long after Justin has left the airwaves, Harrison says he sees himself doing theater and film roles that he enjoys.
"Live theater is totally different," he says. "I find that spending six months in front of a camera, your entire body and voice shut down. There’s a camera in your face, you’re aware of how much you have to play and it’s so little. Then suddenly you’re on stage and it could be a gigantic space and you feel the need to fill that space. It starts vocally and physically, but then your emotions also expand in a whole different way and you’re communicating with live people.
"Also, if you do a full-length play, you’re experiencing the entire arc of a character, and you’re the final teller of the story, whereas in this, the editors go through it, the producers go through it and pick it apart. If you’re an actor on stage you’re the final person to really convey the story of what the piece is."
Old 04-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Galea- huni could i have link to some Justin sites....i gota get me some pics.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:22 AM
Supreme Fan

that's the only randy link i have. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Thats the one i wanted, thank hun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Old 04-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

I totally agree, me and my friend love Justins hair like that. He looks so much better in season 3.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Supreme Fan

i think his hair keeps gettin better & better. while i loooved & still love s3 hair, i totally love s4 hair by now. the short short short s4 hair. he's totally hot with really short hair.

Old 05-02-2004, 05:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Thx so much for all those beautiful pics. I so love his blond hair, his "Meg Ryan" hair like Cody said...
The title is really great [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by galela:
<STRONG>i think his hair keeps gettin better & better. while i loooved & still love s3 hair, i totally love s4 hair by now. the short short short s4 hair. he's totally hot with really short hair.

</STRONG>
i think he looks good with ne kinda hair. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

i love this pic! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2004, 02:55 PM
Supreme Fan

sexy justin ...

Old 05-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Loyal Fan

oh to have all the money in the world!!! i would so be there!!!

randy set to be in wicked on broadway. pardon me while i weep for not living anywhere near new york.

http://www.broadway.com/template_1.asp?CI=39027&CT=38
Old 06-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Extreme Fan

I love Justin in yesterday's episode : he was sooo cute ! His hair (cause it's all about the hair, isn't it? ) : so his hair were so pretty !!! I didn't like the shaved hair from episode 2 (or 3 ?) but now, he's so gorgeous : I espcially loved him when he was with those 2 boys in Babylon and in Brian's flat : Randy is really handsome with this haircut.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Supreme Fan

handsome is not the word i would use ... it's more like ... extremely sexy