Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2017, 12:51 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Yeah that puts me off too the behaviour towards Gale. What did you say started it? Something to do with arguments with the writers or storylines or something?
I know Hal was criticising Gale and Randy for not agreeing with storylines in s4 and 5, but I think main conflict between Hal and Gale started when Hal was fueling rumours that Gale might be gay.

He said that there are some actors in the cast who are in the closet without giving any specific names.
And specifically about Gale talked using words like "sexually confused".
He also said that no one ever got along with Gale because he stayed in character and was unpleasant to be aroung unless he was high. Which is actually very hard for me to believe because I did not hear this from anyone else.

I think culprit of this Hals behaviour towards Gale was clearly jealousy because originally show was planned to be centered around character of Michael but it evolved differently.

I also wish if they could get overcome this conflict, because nowdays I seem to like Hal more and more for what he does, but this feud with Gale makes me really sad.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Hal likes to cuddle or chuddle as he mentions in the pic

halsparks: #CHUDDLES

Old 09-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

they both look very comfy

icon by Daggi
Old 09-04-2017, 12:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I know Hal was criticising Gale and Randy for not agreeing with storylines in s4 and 5, but I think main conflict between Hal and Gale started when Hal was fueling rumours that Gale might be gay.

He said that there are some actors in the cast who are in the closet without giving any specific names.
He also said that no one ever got along with Gale because he stayed in character and was unpleasant to be aroung unless he was high. Which is actually very hard for me to believe because I did not hear this from anyone else.

I think culprit of this Hals behaviour towards Gale was clearly jealousy because originally show was planned to be centered around character of Michael but it evolved differently.

I also wish if they could get overcome this conflict, because nowdays I seem to like Hal more and more for what he does, but this feud with Gale makes me really sad.
that's sad if that is what he said - it's nobody's right to say anything about anyone else's sexuality except that person so even if Gale was gay or bi or straight or whatever Hal shouldn't have said anything about it at any time. And they all seem to get along very well to me when they are at interviews and things so I can't believe Gale was a horrible person to be around - I've heard he's intense - maybe that's what Hal didn't like or maybe he just stayed intense or in character a lot as it was a very giving role - he would've had to work hard at being Brian and being that person and being so intense. I thought most didn't like Hal not most didn't like Gale?
Old 09-04-2017, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
that's sad if that is what he said - it's nobody's right to say anything about anyone else's sexuality except that person so even if Gale was gay or bi or straight or whatever Hal shouldn't have said anything about it at any time. And they all seem to get along very well to me when they are at interviews and things so I can't believe Gale was a horrible person to be around - I've heard he's intense - maybe that's what Hal didn't like or maybe he just stayed intense or in character a lot as it was a very giving role - he would've had to work hard at being Brian and being that person and being so intense. I thought most didn't like Hal not most didn't like Gale?
I really think it was jealousy that spoke out of Hal.. and probably still is.. I can't see an other reason for a behaviour like that..

icon by Daggi
Old 09-04-2017, 01:33 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I really believed most of Hals behaviour towards Gale was fuelled by jealousy at that time, if you imagine how much attention Gale was receiving and Hal was expecting it for himself. Its in human nature to be jealous sometimes but Hal should have been certainly more mature and accept it as a man, this kind of behaviour is not ok at all.
I dont know if any other cast members had problem with Hal, I just heard of Hals conflicts with Randy and Gale. But with Randy they cleared things out and are now on normal terms. On other hand Hal continued to fuel the conflict with Gale,years later after Gales accident he called him bad motorcyclist, which was again very insensitive when you realize that Gale almost died during his accident. And I really dont understand it all because Hal is now very successful and seemingly happy person, why he has to continue and attack other person who has nothing to do with him anymore? Not good at all
Old 09-04-2017, 01:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't understand it either - especially in this day and age when everything you say and do is going to be put up on social media and everyone is going to see it and judge you - sometimes you need to think before you speak
Old 09-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

I believe this to be true as well. Hal thought he was this big attraction, the reason to watch, and he probably was initially... until Gale showed up and unintentionally stole his shine. As soon as this beautiful guy appeared on screen, the viewers instantly fell in love with him. Like Cowlip said, he was like a miracle or something that dropped in at the last minute, much to Hal's dismay. Gale became the central character of the show, the one person to steal our hearts. Of course Hal wasn't going to like that... he's still salty about it today.

What he said about Gale being a bad motorcyclist is terrible. Gale almost died from that. If there's any strong reason for someone to dislike Hal, this quote would have to be it.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I believe this to be true as well. Hal thought he was this big attraction, the reason to watch, and he probably was initially... until Gale showed up and unintentionally stole his shine. As soon as this beautiful guy appeared on screen, the viewers instantly fell in love with him. Like Cowlip said, he was like a miracle or something that dropped in at the last minute, much to Hal's dismay. Gale became the central character of the show, the one person to steal our hearts. Of course Hal wasn't going to like that... he's still salty about it today.

What he said about Gale being a bad motorcyclist is terrible. Gale almost died from that. If there's any strong reason for someone to dislike Hal, this quote would have to be it.
Yeah, thats what happened
P.s. btw I dont know if I would have liked Hal even if Gale did not take part in the show. Because Michael, Hals character, was quiet annoying most of the time
Old 09-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Let's try to focus on Hal since this is his "appreciation" thread. I don't want to get totally off track.

This was interesting.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Thats really interesting. I am very humble in regards to our history, I still think we know almost nothing what really happend and many are must speculations.This is another example that many things might have been different than we were taught.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Thats really interesting. I am very humble in regards to our history, I still think we know almost nothing what really happend and many are must speculations.This is another example that many things might have been different than we were taught.
I agree. History is interesting to study, but I have a hard time believing some of the events that happened.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Hal commented someones tweet of Michael and Ben kissing, by saying is an excellent kisser

Old 09-08-2017, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Well, he doesn't lack on selfconfidence here but honsetly, I would let others judge about that for example my girlfriend in his case

icon by Daggi
Old 09-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Well, he doesn't lack on selfconfidence here but honsetly, I would let others judge about that for example my girlfriend in his case
Thats truth maybe all people he kissed share with him how amazing experience they had but I think mainly this is his way of joking-
I like he is commenting on QAF scenes.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread