Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2017, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

That ATX panel was the best, in my opinion. But that was probably because I was in the audience.

But look...Gale didn't wear a disguise all weekend.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

me too Deborah... plus they all seemed so into it and willing to share stories... plus I got to meet you for the first time!!!!
Old 09-01-2017, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiebun (View Post)
me too Deborah... plus they all seemed so into it and willing to share stories... plus I got to meet you for the first time!!!!
That was a great day! And you helped me find my way around.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

they seem to have a lot o fun together, looking at those gifs and Gale and Randy laugh together and joking around

icon by Daggi
Old 09-02-2017, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is so sweet.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

It is
They have really some funny and sweet moments together:

Here is nterview with both of them from 2000, during shooting in Toronto
There are some interesting and funny answers, Gale sometimes with his typical sarcasm

Gale, are you or have you ever been a manipulative **** like Brian?

Gale Harold: "Everyone's a Brian at some point or another. That's why people relate to him. It's just like every archetypal character, it speaks about something all of us have inside. Whether we display that or not or can keep it up for extended periods of time is a different story but there are facets of my life, my own experience and things I've done that definitely have figured into the characterization and actions I've chosen to play."

Using "Brian" as a verb, have you ever been Brianed?

GH: "(laughs) Yeah, I've been Brianed. I think everybody has and there's a whole vast range of people who have Brianed you. You can be Brianed by your mother if you're not careful, right?"

Randy, would you stalk and get all cross-eyed over Brian the way Justin does?

Randy Harrison:
"I don't know. Probably not. I'd be too smart for that;it's destructive! I was a little safer than him."

How did your youth compare with Justin's?

RH: "There are things that irritate me about Justin, there are things he does that I would never do. He's sillier, wilder, more hopefully devoted to Brian than I can ever imagine myself being to anyone. At the same time I admire him so much, he has a lot more balls than I did when I was 17. He gets in fights, he tells people off, he refuses to accept anything less than he deserves in a lot of ways and that's really empowering, to go back and sort of say things I never would have said when I was 17."

He's much less obnoxious than Charlie "I'm doin' it!" Hunnam's Nathan character in the UK version.

RH: "I think they're different characters overall. I think all the characters are based on the British but end up being completely different people in similar situations."

How does your love life compare to Brian's, Gale?

GH: "Well, Brian is an archetype. He's a version of extreme reality and I think that at times I would wish for a love life like his and at times I thank God I don't have that kind of love life. Because Brian is not in control of what he's doing. I mean, he's a very controlling person, but he's out of control. It's great, it's fun for a while and I've definitely been through that, but to sustain that over years and years is ... you can't really have a professional life. I couldn't be having the life I have now and have a love life like his."

One of the most talked-about things when it came the UK version was its first episode's explicit love scene between Stuart and Nathan. And even more specifically, the bit where Stuart licks the yummy lad's butt, teaching him the joys of rimming. I was pleased to see they kept that for the Showtime version between Brian and Justin. Did you two rehearse it?

RH: "There is no rehearsal necessary for butt lick."

Were you neurotic about being fresh down there?

RH: "No, actually I was very clean. I always am for the sex scenes, you never want to smell or anything. It's true;you never know where someone's head is going to be."

How DID Randy's butt taste, Gale?

GH:
"Salty. He's a fairly hygenic person I would think. Not like saltines, more like a neck. A little cumin I guess."

I want secrets. Randy, tell me a secret.

RH: "I have a tattoo that they have to cover that sometimes, you can sort of tell where it is."

Were there any embarrassing moments or bloopers?

RH: "
There's one scene where I catch a football and the guy once threw it directly in my face and hit me and I didn't catch it. Very Brady Bunch."

Have you ever seduced a little, itty bitty young 'un like Justin, Gale?

GH: "I don't know if I want to get into that. I've got to save something, you know? As far as I'm concerned that's not a yes or no question. There's so much more to be done, right? So much more life to live I don't want the boundaries to get all hard and fast."

Well, how about this question;are you a monogamist or sleaze?

GH: (pause) "You think I'm going to answer that question after not telling any tidbits? I can't give that up, it's too early. I'm not playing my hand that soon, no way. I'm saving it. There's no ****ing way. We'll talk again."

Peter Paige told me of the cast's "no ****ing" rule. However, he did admit that extras have been getting busy during backroom scenes. Have you witnessed love and drama on the set?

GH: "I've seen it, just be assured that any time there's a hot sexual environment;where there's smoke there's fire."

And what do you folk hope or expect queer viewers to get out of the show? And do you expect any ogling?

GH: "Something that's real, that's meaningful, that lets people see aspects of their own life portrayed in a real way, every level of it. Celebration of life, freedom, and love and the pain and struggle."

RH: "I'm just excited for people to see the show because I think it's really good. I'm proud of my performance.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting the interview! I love it all, but this is one of my favorite quotes:

Quote:
How does your love life compare to Brian's, Gale?

GH: "Well, Brian is an archetype. He's a version of extreme reality and I think that at times I would wish for a love life like his and at times I thank God I don't have that kind of love life. Because Brian is not in control of what he's doing. I mean, he's a very controlling person, but he's out of control. It's great, it's fun for a while and I've definitely been through that, but to sustain that over years and years is ... you can't really have a professional life. I couldn't be having the life I have now and have a love life like his."
Old 09-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for posting this interview, Sia. Very interesting and relevant info during our watch of episode 2 today.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Gale and Randy do seem to get along very well - you can see it in their interactions at the meetings and stuff and the back ground scenes we get to see

Quote:
Were you neurotic about being fresh down there?

RH: "No, actually I was very clean. I always am for the sex scenes, you never want to smell or anything. It's true;you never know where someone's head is going to be."

How DID Randy's butt taste, Gale?

GH: "Salty. He's a fairly hygenic person I would think. Not like saltines, more like a neck. A little cumin I guess."
LOL and weird at the same time Do you think he really did the lick or is just saying that for the interview?

Quote:
Peter Paige told me of the cast's "no ****ing" rule. However, he did admit that extras have been getting busy during backroom scenes. Have you witnessed love and drama on the set?

GH: "I've seen it, just be assured that any time there's a hot sexual environment;where there's smoke there's fire."
Interesting indeed
Old 09-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Gale and Randy do seem to get along very well - you can see it in their interactions at the meetings and stuff and the back ground scenes we get to see

LOL and weird at the same time Do you think he really did the lick or is just saying that for the interview?

Interesting indeed
I'm not sure if Randy really tastes salty like "neck and cumin". But he did lick him, didn't he?

https://youtu.be/RwXiJrE3o9g
Old 09-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I'm not sure if Randy really tastes salty like "neck and cumin". But he did lick him, didn't he?
Yeah, but camera goes off just before he licks the butt, doesnt it? and then we see him down, but the important part is missing, probably for the reason
Old 09-03-2017, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Yeah, but camera goes off just before he licks the butt, doesnt it? and then we see him down, but the important part is missing, probably for the reason
That would be gross if he went farther.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
That would be gross if he went farther.
I know but Fiona asked if he did the lick of the butt so I think technicall no
Old 09-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I know but Fiona asked if he did the lick of the butt so I think technicall no
Then you're right...that would be a no.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)

Interesting indeed
Their responses, I'm so weak from laughter.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Closed Thread   Post New Thread