Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gale/Randy Appreciation #53 - Because the reunion finally happened!

Welcome to the 53rd thread dedicated to the slashness of

Gale Harold and Randy Harrison

(made by DreamerKitten)

(made by Lmeuse124)

Pics of the Moment

Rules

[x]No bashing of Gale or Randy's partners is allowed.
[x]When posting pictures, make sure to upload them to your own server
[x]Do not quote pictures/icons or anything

Some RPS Recommendations

These are written for fun and in no way meant to be offensive to Gale, Randy, their respective partners, families or friends. If you're not comfortable with the subject please don't read it and don't comment on it.
Also please keep in mind that when not indicated otherwise these are NC-17 rated stories.

Randy - King of the Internets Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

So I Was Thinking aka "I don't know how to tell you this Mrs. Harold, but your son is retarded."

Randy/AA batteries=OTP

Rubber Duckie

The Reincarnation of Fanboy aka Snooglyshnork and Ugly!

Love Story in emoticons

Swansong (R)

Turkey Day (R)

Randy Harrison's Guide to Seducing Your Straight Co-Star

Us

Randy's not as Innocent as He Looks

No Tongue(PG-13)

For more check out these places:

Queer Eyes
Folk Lore
qafvault
Love the Drama

In Denial Followers

1. Orton
2. groovyk1
3. ANGELforBUFFY
4. Aikaterini
5. ~DresdenDoll~
6. dorksrock
7. dance_on_tables
8. buffy&angel4eva
9. teena1013
10. mylu
11. Emily
12. iLuVsPiKeNmiLo224
13. galesgirl645
14. Katherine Behr
15. Andalusia
16. DevotedEmilyFan
17. Hermione Weasley
18.*Jenn*
19. cuemypulse
20. » MaRy
21. ms_dohring
22. MissDarkandTwisty
23. starryxnight
24. justbrit4ever
25. *PassionateJ*
26. loveslullaby
27. WildRose
28. Manu9
29. Imzadi
30. Cookie_Sponge_Winchester
31. Bekie
32. Cali89
33. quin611
34. Jemistry
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread
Old 08-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

That OP is so beautiful, and I love it.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the second picture
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I know it's a copy/paste of the opening threads for some time now, but I actually don't like the fanfiction recommendations here. First it says no bashing of G or R respective partners are allowed, then half of the fanfictions are about bashing them.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bashing of the partners whenever we talk about them on the board, unfortunately we can't control the content of the fan fictions...
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I meant here we shouldn't recommend fanfictions in the 1st post of the thread which are about bashing the partners. Okay, I might have exaggerated the "half of the fictions are bashing ones", but for example the "AA battery" is one of them. And it's linked here and a few lines above it, it says "no bashing". I feel this whole thing a bit insincere. Sorry I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling here, and I'm not against bashing type fanfictions, I just feel if we don't allow bashing on the board, we shouldn't recommend these types of stories.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nobody is being insincere. It seems lately this kind of comments on the mods and people on this board in general are in. I would appreciate it if we would refrain from them though.
I'm pretty sure those fics links have been there since even before Claudia and I became mods. I don't think I've even read some of those. Anyway, sometimes there are fics that we might not like but are iconic for the fandom. What this board tries to do is to respect the actors and their partners, but we cannot control everything that happens outside this board and we can't take the board completely out of fandom and its historic fics/talks/jokes. Besides, one could argue any fic about Gale and Randy together during the QAF time would be kinda considered disrespectful towards their partners, since they both were with other people at the time. Hell, shipping Gale and Randy romantically might be considered disrespectful. I guess Claudia and I will talk about it and see about possibly deleting some links, if they are too harsh on Gale and Randy's partners of that time. It feels kinda useless though, considering neither partner is in the picture anymore. Could you please point out which ones are bashing their partners, so that Claudia and I don't have to read them all?

If you have further questions, please send me or Claudia a PM, so that the thread can get back to talks about Gale and Randy.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Manu, thanks for your explanation, you're right I (we) don't know the background of these stories, so I shouldn't judge on them as a newcomer.
Honestly I don't really remember the stories, I might not have read all of them, I read them a while back, when I wasn't able to register for this site. So my apologies again, I exaggerated the issue it seems.
(And in brackets, for me the AA batteries one is disturbing, although - rereading now - I couldn't call it strictly a bashing story.)
Old 08-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I've ever read some of them honestly. I read some G/R fics but not so many because while I love Gale and Randy, I see them as friends and not as lovers, so I've never been really interested in fics in which they're together.

I'm sorry if some of those offend you, but as Claudia said, we cannot control what happens outside this board and at the same time we live into this fandom and those fics are part of it. Anyway, we put a warning in there, saying the fics don't mean disrespect towards their partners.

So, moving on... when do you think the next reunion will happen? You think we'll have to wait for the convention in Spain?
Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Loyal Fan

You mean official reunion? I guess nothing will be before Spain... Unofficial reunions could be thousands *fangirl dreams*
Old 08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My imagination is running wild with scenarios of unofficial reunions
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I should write the following in this topic: So whenever I watch a QaF episode, I always watch the end credits, because I just love when Gale's name morphs into Randy's, and the syllable "Har" stays on the screen. I so love this!

--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
Ohhh, haha, yes!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
Indeed
Old 08-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've watched the credits many times but I've never noticed that about the letters
Closed Thread   Post New Thread