Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Friendly Messages for Our Guests #4

We know how intimidating it can be to come to a new board and see all these posters knowing each other and acting like a big family. Therefore we think that you might feel the same way when you come to the "Queer as Folk" board, and since we always love seeing new people here, we thought we could try to make you feel even more welcome by posting this thread, where all of us will post little messages to potential new posters. We don't wanna force anybody to post here, but maybe some of you just need a little push in the right direction?! We can promise you that you won't regret it!

To start this new thread, we would like to ask every poster to please post something for the guests or lurkers. Something nice and encouraging maybe? Be creative!

Since we now have another thread for post counts, this thread is simply for welcome messages now.
Aikaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this thread, Kate

I fully support everything you mentioned there. And on my side I just want to share a little story of my life
Kidding, you can all relax
I just want to say that I was and still am a huge lurker. I've spent around a year and a half exclusively lurking over FF before I even joined and once I did join I spent quite a few months exclusively lurking over this board as well. Hell making 100 posts to get my icon seemed like a major problem back then Obviously the times were different, this board was different, QaF was still on and all that. Once I did start posting here and once I did make myself a little piece of a home on the net over this board I just can't imagine not being here. Yes we might seem like a tight group. Honestly? You're absolutely right and we are close friends here. But we love talking to new people and we always try to make them feel welcomed. We're not an exclusive club so come and join us

Also that posts count makes me really sad... It's half of what we used to have over the past few months
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember I used to lurk for quite awhile before joining FF and becoming a part of this board but once I delurked I was so glad I did because I've made some really great friendships here and Do and Kate are the best mods ever and we would love it if you would join us to celebrate this show and the characters that make this show so wonderful because it'll be the best thing that will ever happen to you, it has been for me
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
galesgirl645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Welcome Rita .

It might be sad but I agree with Do and I think it's better something good comes to an end before it might end up getting bad.

As for the lurkers. Come out! This is a wonderful place for everyone who's obsessed with QaF.

I always got attached to tv shows but I never experienced such an intensity like with QaF. It made me join a forum for the first time in my life. It was a German board and the tone was often very rough and unfriendly there . So I started looking for an English speaking board and lucky me - I found it (thank you google). I was actually a short time lurker because I needed just a few days to come to the conclusion that I would love posting here. So I became a member. This was exactly a year ago and I'm glad I met all these wonderful people.

Try it! Join our little community. We love new posters! Come out of the lurking closet and join the fun!

As for the postcounts. I'm sorry. I know I'm partly responsible because I stay away from the board sometimes. I promise I'll be around more often as soon as my Season 6 is finished.

Icon by Carmen
Who says love is an easy ride - General Motors?
CleverDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Friendly Messages for Our Guests #4

New thread to share with our guests!

I copied over the original 4 posts from the first thread made.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Tftnt
Old 10-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)

Couldn't we just make a beautiful OP with them? They are fabulous comments .. and one from our gorgeous Claudia too .. so we should keep them there forever so that people can see how easy it is to just jump in and be part of the family!

What do you think hun?
Old 10-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

It's cool to see these old posts.

Last edited by Irinano; 10-01-2015 at 02:30 PM
Irinano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Couldn't we just make a beautiful OP with them? They are fabulous comments .. and one from our gorgeous Claudia too .. so we should keep them there forever so that people can see how easy it is to just jump in and be part of the family!

What do you think hun?
I think that's a great idea. Didn't we discuss earlier on to make quotes from each of us as to what the board means to us?
Old 10-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think that's a great idea. Didn't we discuss earlier on to make quotes from each of us as to what the board means to us?
I don't know hun .. but we could most definitely create a new OP with these three quotes alone .. I honestly think they sum up this wonderful forum!!

OMB .. and how 'bout we have a couple of pics where Brian or Justin look as if they could be writing or typing about what it means to them!

OMB, that would be a brilliant OP ... IMO! I'd volunteer to ferret out the suitable pics!

.. or is that a really bad idea?
Old 10-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I think it's a brilliant idea!
Dacrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacrown (View Post)
^ I think it's a brilliant idea!
Thank you! The wedding seating plan comes to mind actually .. that might be a good one! OMB .. or Justin picking up the "pen" when he first uses his computer!

OMB we could make a brilliantly funny OP!
Old 10-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Good idea. That would be great.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds great! Get the pics!
Old 10-04-2015, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That sounds great! Get the pics!
OMB .. I forgot about this completely .. everything's been so slow this weekend! But we should definitely do it when time permits!
Reply   Post New Thread