Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

Stu looked at least 35 and Nathan was only 15 so for me too it was creepy, I think that there is a big difference between 15 and 17 and a half (Justin was almost 18 in the first season). And I agree about the chemistry, Gale and Randy have lots of chemistry, and it helps a lot for the story I think

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 09-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

I think in most states, the age of consent is 16--at least it is here so I guess I really wasn't too weirded out by the fact that Justin was sleeping with a much older guy, I mean he would be having sex anyway probably, so at least he got Brian, he could have gotten some creep like the 1st guy that tried to get him home--at least he was picky and wouldn't just go home with anyone--or some random teenaged guy that could have scarred him for life
Old 09-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

I think that it's 15 or something in France, and kinda the same in UK. That's probably why they made Justin older in the US version, at least it was legal

Justin was lucky he found Brian, what he did that night was actually dangerous

Old 09-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure about the age of consent but personnally I think there is a big difference between a 15 yr old and an almost 18 yr old. The level of maturity isn't the same. I'm definitely not creeped out by a 17 yr old dating someone older but 15 is just young. And Stu's first time was supposed to be at age of 12. Srsly for me it's sexual abuse of a child.
As for B/J age difference it never ever bothered me and I can't really understand why some people were bothered by it.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

*drags the age of consent link out of an old thread again*
Age of consent

You know, people are definitely thinking way too much about the age differences between people. Sure, there is a certain age, where you would be way too young, but I think that everything above 15 is okay. Well, but then again, it depends on the person themself. Some are more mature than others. I could give you some examples, but I won't, since someone might be angry then, and since said person can't stand me anyways... Erm, forget that last part...
Old 09-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

You know I never really understood why some critics made such a big deal out of fact that Justin was 17. Maybe him and Brian were living in different worlds and in different stages of life but emotionnally they were on the same level. Brian had muuuuuch more sexual experience but not emotionnal one.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely! Justin was even acting more mature on a certain level. It's hard to explain, but there are some scenes, where you really think that Justin could be older than Brian, because he was acting much differently than him.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

I agree. He could act bratty at times but overall Justin was rather a very mature person. Especially considering he's a teenage boy - they grow up emotionnally much slower than girls
And Brian was just like Justin on some levels - he never dated, he never had a boyfriend, he was never in love. He was still a teenager when it comes to relationship stuff.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

QAF Uk is very good although i prefer US version...QAF Uk was less innovative than QAF Us although the dialoges were a little bit more incisive
Old 09-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

I just couldn't really get into the UK version. I don't know why. I just wasn't that interested by these characters...

Do you ever wonder how B/J relationship will be like when they'll both get old? We all tend to keep this vision of forever young and beautiful B/J...

BTW let's kill this thread tonight
Old 09-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

I have thought about this, and I just don't know--I mean obviously Brian can't trick forever, but I can't imagine them as an old couple just sitting in their house and not going out

I think we've talked about this before, but do you guys think they'd ever commit to be completely monogomous? (sp)
Old 09-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

I hope not I think they might try monogamy but they won't try to define their relationship as monogamous one... Ok so I should probably try to explain better what I mean I think they might at one point stop tricking but they won't ever decide "we're monogamous and we'll never trick again". It doesn't mean they will keep on tricking. Erm ok so it's probably even more confusing. I just don't think they're gonna promise each other eternal monogamy.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I get what you mean Do that they won't come out and say they are monagamous but gradually brian will stop tricking and also I think if he ever wants to trick again they won't make a big deal.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

I was never bothered by Justin's age since he was pretty mature, he was more mature than Brian for some things

I think that some day they'll both stop tricking without making a big deal of it

Old 09-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxy_readr3 (View Post)
[...]but I can't imagine them as an old couple just sitting in their house and not going out
I have this sudden image of them being kinda old, sitting in their stuffed chairs, watching the birds and bees outside and being all like "Remember when we used to..." Now, that's just too much for me now!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread