Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Question of the Day

I've seen this thread on other boards and, given the success of the Person Below Me thread that Matt started, thought it might work well here. Each day someone posts a question, everyone posts their answers to that question, then the next day someone posts a different question and it continues. The intent is to get to know each other a little better, fact by fact.

Today's question:
How did you choose your Fan Forum screen name?

My answer:
The shutterbug portion comes from one of my obsessions, which is photography, and I was born in May 1979, hence the 579.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Great idea Rachel. I hope this one is just as poplular as the Person Below Me game.

My screen name actually stemmed from a question about the world of Harry Potter. A favorite author of mine had just gotten into HP and kept talking about it. Finally I asked why it was so popular and what she liked about it. When I signed the comment it was with a naive girl. The named just seemed to stick with me after that.

Last edited by Naive Girl; 06-14-2006 at 07:46 PM Reason: 'Cause I can't spell. :p
Old 06-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Passionate Fan

A penfriend gave me the name Fiana three or four years ago. It´s the name of an elve and she thought the name would be good for me.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, i use this screen name for AIM and it just kinda stuck. I suppose it stems from the fact that I can be a tad too short-tempered at times and spew just a little bit of venom.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for answering, guys! Very interesting answers. Anyone can post a new question but I'll do one for now to keep the thread moving.

What are you currently reading or have recently finished?

I recently finished Drinking: A Love Story by Caroline Knapp. I've also read the Undead series by MaryJanice Davidson. I read four of those in two days. They're really quick reads and very funny. Imagine if Cordy from Ats S1 or Elle from Legally Blonde became Queen of the Undead and you basically have the main character. Right now I'm reading Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, which is the second book in her Outlander series.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

I just recently read the Fitzwilliam Darcy: Gentleman series by Pamela Aidan and Excessively Diverted by Juliette Shapiro. Both of them are 'sequels' to Pride and Prejudice. The Gentleman series was a very quick read for me because it was so well written and the author filled the book with wonderful characters and situations. Excessively Diverted was a bit hard for me to get into and I kind of had to force myself to finish the book.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

I'll have to add those to my reading list. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book so I'm always on the lookout for related items.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

I definitely recommend the Fitzwilliam Darcy: Gentleman series. It's basically Pride and Prejudice in the eyes of Darcy. I really loved all the extra characters she added in to make the story her own.

Excessively Diverted was an ok read. The thing that bugged me the most is the fluffiness to it and how the characters acted OOC at times.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm cosidering starting Angles and Demons by Dan Brown.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. My favorite book ever. I've read it before but it's Jane Austen and I could read any one of her writings time and time again.

beautiful creatures
Old 06-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I´m reading The Shadow Matrix from Marion Zimmer Bradley at the moment. It´s the 20th part of the Darkover Series.
I´m also reading a book with ghost stories, but it´s not very interesting so far.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

im reading Queen of the Slayer! The season 8 of what would have happened on Buffy!!
This is the second time of reading it!!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

I didn't know about this! How is it? Does it stay true to the univerise and the characters?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Which magazines, if any, do you subscribe to?
Old 06-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

i used to be subscribed to TEEN PEOPLE.
but now im 20.. aww no longer a teen.
its depressing.