Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Laura Clifford - "Flirting with Danger" News and Discussion

Charisma has a new movie in the works. It's called Flirting with Danger and will air on the Lifetime network. Principal photography has begun in Montreal. There's currently no information on completion or airdate available.

Quote:
Incendo Productions has begun principal photography in Montreal on its latest thriller called Flirting With Danger. This $3 million production’s stars include Charisma Carpenter (Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and James Thomas (Blind Injustice, Missing). It will air on The Movie Network and Lifetime in the United States.
I haven't been able to find any other info on the movie but there is a book called Flirting with Danger that sounds like it would qualify as a thriller. If the movie is based on that book, it sounds like a great role for Charisma.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to see it!
Old 09-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

Sounds awesome. I love Lifetime movies so I definetely can't wait for it, especially since Charisma is in it.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

I'm really looking forward to this. If it is based on that book, it sounds like it could be a breakthrough role for her. The story is action-oriented so she can show off her physical skills and it's pretty funny so it should be a good showcase for her comedic skills. Since she wants either Wonder Woman or a half-hour sitcom, this sounds like a great step toward both goals.

She should get a lot of exposure out of this. For the past couple of years, Lifetime has released most of their original movies on DVD and they replay them a lot, both on Lifetime and on Lifetime Movie Network. Not to mention we'll probably get to see her on a talk show or at some other public appearance since she seems to only do those when she has something to promote.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully we find out more information about it soon. It would be interesting if it was based on that book because it sounds like an interesting one. But the title does seem to be kind of common so it might just be a title.

I wonder how she'll film both this and Veronica Mars eps at the same time. Or maybe she'll have a break in the episodes that she is in.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

TV movies generally take about four to six weeks to shoot. Veronica Mars is probably shooting episode 7 or 8 right now. Charisma is listed for episodes 1 and 3, with the possibility of being in episode 9. I'm inclined to think her episodes are spread out over the course of the season since she was signed for "at least" six episodes; if she were part of a contained arc they'd know how many episodes they'd need her in. Plus, she won't need to be there for the entire time the movie is shooting. Once her scenes wrap, she's finished until post-production.

Lifetime has their movie listings for the next two months on their website and a search by movie title and actress didn't bring up anything. I guess that means we probably shouldn't expect to see it before January.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Extreme Fan

thats great news! I don't know If I'll be able to see it though since they don't have that channel over here in the uk.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Passionate Fan

If she's on anything I'll do my best to see it. I'm still impatient about Voodoo Moon, though.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikes Angel
thats great news! I don't know If I'll be able to see it though since they don't have that channel over here in the uk.
You could probably always download it through bit torrents or newsgroups. I know CC's fans are pretty good about putting up her projects on the Internet.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

I'm hoping the movie does turn out to be based on the book mentioned upthread. I signed up for the author's newsletter in case she mentioned something about the book being made into a movie. No mention of the movie but she does have a sequel to the book coming out and it seems as though she intends for the story to continue in future books. If the movie is based on the book and it does well, it's possible this could turn into a series of movies for Charisma. I don't know if Lifetime has ever done it but the Hallmark channel has had a lot of success with movie series.

As for seeing the movie in other countries, it's being dual-produced for the Lifetime Channel in the U.S. and The Movie Network in Canada, so the odds are pretty good that they're looking to distribute overseas as well. ABCFamily is strictly an American channel but See Jane Date aired on the Hallmark channel in Europe.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Oh thats great. I never knew See Jane Date had aired over in Europe. Lucky for her fans there that couldn't see it when it aired here or weren't able to download it. Hopefully they will get a chance to do the same with this movie.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

IMDb has put up a page for the movie. There's not really any info on it yet but it's someplace to keep checking for an airdate.

Here is the page for CC's co-star. Has anyone seen him in anything?
Old 10-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

As far as her co-star is concerned.. I've watched Queer As Folk which he has supposedly be in.. but it is hard to remember a character titled "Hunkalicious".
Old 10-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

I was at the library the other day and I saw the book this movie might be based on so I checked it out. I started reading it last night and it's pretty good so far. I can definitely see CC as Sam, the character is kind of a smart-ass and really fiesty. The story seems like it would make a good movie but the book was only published this year. I'm not sure if that's a quick turnaround for a TV movie or not. Anyone know? I can't wait until we get more info.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

I just found this site for the movie. The picture looks like a DVD cover.