Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^you've been added.

Hey Mary I was wondering where you ran off to. It's still hard for me to think of the idea of them breaking up like I said I love both and would probably be fine with either ending when it came to the two guys and cordy.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be interesting to see how that would play...

I also wonder if Wes would have been accepted...he mostly was because Doyle had passed imo (not to fill his spot)
Old 09-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Hey everyone. I think that whatever would have happened their story would have been great. Hard to say about Wesley... I always felt like it was like two different shows - before Doyle's death and After. I think Cordy/Doyle would have been an endgame if Doyle had stayed, at least I like to think so

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 09-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I always felt like it was like two different shows - before Doyle's death and After.
I kind of got that impression as well - it was much more comfortable-ish when Wes joined, because we knew who he was and some of his backstory, so he fitted right in.

It was all a big surprise with Doyle as we knew nothing about him, so he added that to the show and the Original Fang Gang.

I hope Wes would have been accepted though if Doyle had lived - Doyle could have made fun of him with Cordelia
Old 09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly, I think Doyle was a much better friend to Angel than Wesley and fitted better into the show. But that's just me. I wasn't fond of the show in S3-4, my fav season will always be 1 and some episodes from S2, especially with Lindsey and Angel/Darla story. Then Angel's character became not very pleasent. I think only Doyle could influent on him in a good way. They kinda spoke one language.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hmmm, I don't know. I love Doyle but I think I prefer Wesley

Angel&Cordelia/Sawyer&Juliet/Monica&Chandler/Logan&Veronica/JD&Elliot/Jeff&Annie/Lois&Clark
Old 09-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

I was totally ok with Wesley and he was even entertaining in BTVS. But I don't like the way he was written in ATS, too cool/smart/important. Just like every loser's dream, from a nerd to a super hero. And surrounded by chicks like Virginia, Lilah and Illiria. When he became a head of Angel Investigations instead of Angel it was... I think it was too much, imo. Doyle never was perfect and he never was supposed to be cooler than Angel on the show, but that's why I loved him. He was a great friend and I think with Doyle Angel could have been a better person. Wesley somehow provocated Angel's downfall especially by not believing in him and kidnapping his son... If Wesley had been written better I could have accepted him, but not this way. So, for me Doyle will always be number one

Old 09-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea i guess the tone changed from Doyle to Wes..

I think they both fit into the show though
Old 09-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

It really was like two different shows

Old 09-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

I liked both shows Maybe because I never had a problem with Wesley "empowerment"

Angel&Cordelia/Sawyer&Juliet/Monica&Chandler/Logan&Veronica/JD&Elliot/Jeff&Annie/Lois&Clark
Old 09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

I love Angel/Darla story in S2, it was epic and I love Lindsey. But I don't like the way Angel became in later seasons. With Wesley I think a little emprovement could have been ok, but making him the head of A-Investigations and making Angel work for Wesley... I think it was too much.

Anyway, I must confess when I watcheed season 1 I was sure that Doyle somehow will find a way to Cordy's heart. I thought he is deffinitely the one she needs. They both could make each other better.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I also wonder if Wes would have been accepted...he mostly was because Doyle had passed imo (not to fill his spot)
I never thought about it before cause he seemed to slip in well with the team, but I like to think he would've fit in well with Doyle.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Elite Fan

It's interesting for me how would Doyle get alone with Lorne? Lorne was also a bright character and having them two on screen would have been hillarious

Old 09-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Actually when it comes to close friends I can for sure seeing them fitting like a glove. I wouldn't had been surprised if they had met before once upon a time.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be funny