Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They did, her parents are still a big mystery to me.
I guess it is now. CHC Cordelia Heather Chase.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think we even knew her parents names. Or if we did I don't remember.

It kind of sucks a lot of things where left mysterious about her. As my favorite character on both shows it would have been nice to know more.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It kind of sucks a lot of things where left mysterious about her. As my favorite character on both shows it would have been nice to know more.
I agree. She's my favorite character too and I find it sad that we don't even know her parent's names.

Angel&Cordelia/Sawyer&Juliet/Monica&Chandler/Logan&Veronica/JD&Elliot/Jeff&Annie/Lois&Clark
Old 08-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

According to my story (Cordy 5.0) at Stranger-Things) her father's name is Cordell, and her mother's name is Cecilia. They combined their names to make Cordelia. she has an aunt Ruth, and a grandmother Edith.

It's nice when there's no information, you can make up your own.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

tojoson - I guess from a story/fic perspective it is nice because it gives the writer more freedom on what they want to do.

But I still would have preferred to know more about her.

Lemariz - Exactly. Though maybe since her parents were pretty much not there for her at any time maybe they chose not to give them names on purpose.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's strange though, there was so little info about her family. We don't even know if they found out she died

Angel&Cordelia/Sawyer&Juliet/Monica&Chandler/Logan&Veronica/JD&Elliot/Jeff&Annie/Lois&Clark
Old 08-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Celebrities

love cordeila!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemariz (View Post)
It's strange though, there was so little info about her family. We don't even know if they found out she died
That's another good point...I mean it doesn't really make sense, we know that Gunn's only family after his sister was the gang, Wesley's parents were brought up every now and again with phone calls or past memories he'd speak about, Angel's parents were in flashbacks and Fred's parents came to visit twice, even Doyle's parents were talked about, I wonder why we didn't get that much with Cordelia.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBelle2 (View Post)
That's another good point...I mean it doesn't really make sense, we know that Gunn's only family after his sister was the gang, Wesley's parents were brought up every now and again with phone calls or past memories he'd speak about, Angel's parents were in flashbacks and Fred's parents came to visit twice, even Doyle's parents were talked about, I wonder why we didn't get that much with Cordelia.
This makes me sad

Old 08-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sucks that Cordelia seemed to of got left out. I think they did mention her parents a couple of times though. Just not a lot. And I think her mom even called once but we don't know if Cordy ever called back.

But maybe that was the point. Her mostly non existent parents might have been a way to show that she pretty much grew up alone and was an outsider or something. I don't know.

But it does suck either way we didn't get much on Cordelia.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^I think that's the reason too it showed that she as brought up alone but boy that would've made a great episode where something happened to where her parents her about her job came down to visit after prison or whatever in season 3, and everything went fine until we find out that they need money and were thinking of using her and then her past life would spill out... I don't know but I think they could've worked with something there.
And especially like give a beautiful speech that her real family is the ones who have your back no matter what and who you can count on who will always be there, who you can trust and then she points to the gang and ends with something like this is my family now, you can show yourselves to the door.

I don't know but again I think they had something to work with there.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i think it's most likely she just cut them out
Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wingster - I don't think she cut them out per say (at least not early on) but obviously they weren't very close. But we could have got some stuff in Buffy before her mom left her and her dad went to prison (or did they both go?) after the whole tax thing.

Or even in Angel we could have got something. Like maybe after the episode where her mom calls. Her parents could have came to visit her and things could have happened like Mel said in her post.

Her and her parents never seemed all that close but it still would have been nice to of gotten a little more background info into Cordy's character. Even just little stuff like we mentioned. Like finding out her middle name.

Mel - Exactly. And that would have been awesome! I would have loved to of seen that.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^I agree some more information would be great.
and I was just thinking what I posted there would've went along with everyone else on the fang gang.

Gunn said that the true fight was with his team (Angel Investigations) ((he said that to his friends from the streets))

Wesley said that Angel and the team he works with are his family (he said that to his enemies and something similar to his father)

Fred said that she belongs with the AI team (she said that to her parents)

Lorne told his mom that his home was back in LA which we know is where the AI team is also.

I could go on but basically they all go to tell their family they were raised by who their true new family was.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.