Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really liked their scenes too - Matt again was great as Ra's, Matt did a good job on Arrow even if the storyline of having Ra's fell short
Old 04-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by save each other (View Post)
I really liked their scenes too - Matt again was great as Ra's, Matt did a good job on Arrow even if the storyline of having Ra's fell short
I liked Ra's in his one episode of LOT than any of his episodes on Arrow.
I've loved Sara more on this series as well, even if I loved her so much on Arrow.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really like how they worked in having Ra's as a guest in this series made total sense - also made total sense unfortunately having Sara returning to the League. Plus wonder how she'll be for the 2nd half from returning to the League and all
Old 04-02-2016, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

Ra's was definitely a different person in the late 1950's. He was nicer and calmer. Maybe he didn't have to use the LP that often because Sara was there protecting him?

I really liked how much respect Ra's had for her.

I guess now we know why he let her join in the first place. He knew she would become a formidable warrior.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

THOUGH we need to think that during Sara's original time before all this time jumping - he didn't know her and wonder if this could change history even if she put hints on Nyssa and having him sending her to get Sara. So just think that itself could create some but surely its not going to be seen. Cause need to remember that Sara didn't show up this first time in our original timeline

Time paradoxes again always frak with me
Old 04-02-2016, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Unless she was always meant to time jump and this was how it always happened. Or they created an alternate universe.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Always always confusing when time travel
Old 04-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
Unless she was always meant to time jump and this was how it always happened. Or they created an alternate universe.
That's the same exact thing I said. I'm starting to think this time jump was always meant to happen which is why in every version Sara has to tell Ra's where to put Nyssa so Nyssa can be at the right place, right time to find a broken Sara and of course Ra's kept the secret to himself that he already saw Sara in the 50s.

It makes sense why he made her join the team though, and why he never wanted to release her from the group [Season 2 Arrow].

Sadly for Rip if all of this actually happened before than his plan will most likely fail? Like think about the mistake Rip said, he told Vandal who his son was in episode 1x03... so I feel like the time travelling is what made a lot of this happened and it was always meant to happen if that makes sense.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

The October 2008 thing is throwing me off. The Gambit sank in 2007, Oliver said he saw Sara again a year later. Making it 2008. Did they only spend a few months on the island together, not another year? Or did Sara send Nyssa to her earlier than she arrived in the original timeline? Or did Ra's forget and send Nyssa in 2009 instead? Or this just a continuity screw up by the writers?
Old 04-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would say the writers mistake but I think Sara and Oliver spent months together. Probably like seven months.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oliver found Sara first cause Sara was on that boat then after Oliver thought she died for the 2nd time at the end of 2nd season "flashbacks" then that would be when Nyssa would have found her
Old 04-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Dp

Last edited by Coconut1214; 04-02-2016 at 04:32 PM
Old 04-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

12 Female TV Characters Redefining the Hero’s Journey - Page 11

Sara's number 2!

Quote:
2. SARA LANCE (ARROW, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW)
Sometimes, where we pick up a heroic journey isn’t at the beginning of the story, but the middle. When audiences are first truly introduced to Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), she is donning a black mask and wielding a bo staff against enemies. Her alter ego – the Canary – is filled with pain and darkness. Sara’s journey may have begun on a boat, but her hero’s journey began when she returned to Starling City. After spending time training in the League of Assassins, Sara began to harness her inner pain and use it as a weapon against others. The more Sara fought and killed, the more she sunk into the pain within her own heart.

And that’s precisely what makes Sara Lance’s journey so refreshing. Because in spite of the fact that she does not believe she is a hero, Sara is one. Her journey is unlike most – she begins big, pivotal moments of Arrow in the “resurrection” phase of the traditional narrative – and darker than most as well. Rather than donning a costume to hide her identity from others, Sara dons one to hide from herself. It’s this self-deprecation that is not as common in the hero’s journey but that adds an extremely interesting layer of complexity to Sara as a hero.

It is only when Sara begins to embrace the goodness within and around her that she begins to see herself worthy enough to be deemed “heroic.” She was a hero in the beginning – saving the life of a woman who was being attacked by a group of men – but on Legends of Tomorrow, Sara has begun to more fully embrace the lightness that her soul still has. A hero’s journey typically bridges the ordinary with the extraordinary, peppering darkness in like a seasoning: in small doses and with little pungency.

But Sara’s darkness is deep and vast, and lightness is seasoned sparingly throughout. Nevertheless, it is the harnessing of that light and stints in the darkness that make Sara Lance so heroic.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for posting that!
Reading it now.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh thanks for that bit of info