Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Because of BH90210, I decided to rewatch Episodes since it's a similar tone with Matt LeBlanc playing a heightened version of himself.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
I don't like dealing with customers or even new employees in general. Not very sociable. Better on a position like sandwiches where I just make stuff.
Totally agree. That’s why I prefer taking care of babies. They don’t talk
Old 08-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
Because of BH90210, I decided to rewatch Episodes since it's a similar tone with Matt LeBlanc playing a heightened version of himself.
Oh nice, you enjoy those?
Old 08-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I heard about that show, Melissa. Actually, this new BH90210 revival reminds me of Tori Spelling's old 2006 show, So Notorious. Zach Quinto was on that show. It was basically Tori playing herself in an exaggerated version of her life, so it's kinda similar to the new 90210

Quote:
I don't like dealing with customers or even new employees in general. Not very sociable. Better on a position like sandwiches where I just make stuff.

I know how you feel, Johnnie. I prefer to work in the back or anywhere customers aren't around.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Oh nice, you enjoy those?
I love Episodes, especially how many times Matt has to say "How you doin?"

Who would've thought after most of these shows ended years ago that we'd be seeing them again. Seeing the tv schedule last year felt like I was traveled to the past. I know Hollywood is running out of originality. But I've enjoyed some of these revivals so far.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 08-13-2019 at 07:33 AM
Old 08-13-2019, 03:36 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I know how you feel, Johnnie. I prefer to work in the back or anywhere customers aren't around.
Yeah, the manager at our store wanted me to be a supervisor but other than the inconsistent hours (I like having all open shifts) that's one of the things I wouldn't want to deal with. I don't mind doing some of the work related to it though, heck I've been doing the order for Sysco for years.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I love Episodes, especially how many times Matt has to say "How you doin?"

Who would've thought after most of these shows ended years ago that we'd be seeing them again. Seeing the tv schedule last year felt like I was traveled to the past. I know Hollywood is running out of originality. But I've enjoyed some of these revivals so far.

Oh awesome, one day I might decide to watch an episode of that show.

I do believe Hollywood are running out of originality for sure though.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:42 PM
Website Manager

They got to stop rebooting shows... I would have rather had a new season of Buffy, Charmed, or heck the original Roswell than the shows they are coming out with.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Oh awesome, one day I might decide to watch an episode of that show.

I do believe Hollywood are running out of originality for sure though.
It's a great show, it's written by one of the Friends writers. Catchphrases are no longer a thing but I'm sure in real life Matt Leblanc still gets asked to say that line.

It's also about how we ruin a great British show by Americanizing it.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Website Manager

5 Smallville crosswords so far, didn't do one tonight (probably won't) but did do another Star Trek one today. Playing some dungeons in my DDO game that I haven't ran very often, trying to get to level 20 sooner than later... so much reincarnating in this game.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ You aren't playing around.

Melissa, I might try to give that show a try one day. lol
Old 08-17-2019, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, the manager at our store wanted me to be a supervisor but other than the inconsistent hours (I like having all open shifts) that's one of the things I wouldn't want to deal with. I don't mind doing some of the work related to it though, heck I've been doing the order for Sysco for years.
I understand, Johnnie. I don't want the issues that come with being a supervisor or a manager either. But I'm sick of dealing with all the crap that comes with my job. I can't wait to be out of here.

I get what you mean, Melissa and Tia. I do think that Hollywood is getting lazy, but for a bunch of different reasons. One is franchising, and this is why I think the MCU was a mistake. Also, political correctness and identity politics are really compromising storytelling because you can't tell stories if you're constantly trying to avoid offending anyone, and you're not supposed to be telling audiences how you think they should feel and think and act, you're supposed to let the audience decide for themselves and take what they will from the story. And new talent can't learn how to tell compelling stories if there's no incentive to do so. I think this is symptomatic of the 21st century, and how Hollywood might even be on the decline, which is really sad. Hollywood was a creation of the 20th century, and perhaps it no longer has any relevance anymore.

I do think that the BH90210 reboot is the exception because it's really good. And I think it's so popular because it reminds people of a time when everyone was a lot happier and less angry and offended by everything. The 80s and 90s were really great compared to the post-9/11 present day. People really missed the Peach Pit gang, and seeing the actors playing themselves, playing their characters, also puts a fresh spin on things.

The MCU should've just stuck with a simple Avengers storyline that ended with Infinity War, but not stretch things out to far. The MCU is going to be impossible to maintain at this rate. They should've introduced all of the Avengers in Phase 1(including Hank and Janet as Ant-Man and Wasp) and introduced Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Agents of SHIELD with Hawkeye and Black Widow in Phase 2, and end it with Hank creating Ultron(introduce Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vison, and Wonder Man). Introduce Adam Warlock and the Guardians of the Galaxy in Phase 3 and do Civil War, along with Spider-Man, start Phase 4 with Power Man & Iron Fist, and have She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Human Torch(Jim Hammond), Wonder Man, and Doctor Strange in The Defenders.

Then bring everything to a close with Phase 5 and the Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War movies, with Adam Warlock defeating Thanos and distributing the Infinity Gems to various Avengers - Hank Pym, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor, Stephen Strange - and Adam keeping the Soul Gem, telling them that they are now responsible for the gems, taking the place of their original keepers - The Grandmaster, The Collector, Odin, The High Evolutionary, The Champion of the Universe, etc. - and telling them to keep them safe and never use them. Warlock confronts the High Evolutionary and tells him that he's going his own way tells the High Evolutionary that he's a hypocrite for thinking he could dictate the direction of human evolution, and then returns to the stars with Gamora and the Guardians. The Avengers then all go their separate ways and off into the sunset with no one dying or any lame social justice crap. Just a nice, 80s style ending to the MCU. And that's where it ends, no more films after that.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've been so busy lately that I haven't been getting in much posts at all. Will read that long post from Alex later.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, Tia. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2019, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

I'm still enjoying the BH90210, this latest episode wasn't their best but I liked seeing Shannen get a little more screentime.