Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2019, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Not unexpected. I'm just happy it was earlier instead of having to wait for the upfronts.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

it probably means all the other cw dc shows will be back too
Old 01-31-2019, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

They all did get renewed, Dave. The CW announced them all at once.

Quote:
Returning for additional seasons are: Arrow, Black Lightning, Charmed, Legends of Tomorrow, Dynasty, The Flash, Legacies, Riverdale, Supergirl and Supernatural.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...6-more-1181714
Old 01-31-2019, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup, a CW renewal time and the Batwoman series has been ordered as well.
CW should really be the DC network. lol
Old 02-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll give Batwoman a try...we'll see how it goes
Old 02-24-2019, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

'Arrow' and 'Legends of Tomorrow' Rumored to Be Ending After "Crisis on Infinite Earths" ~
By JK Schmidt - February 23, 2019
Source Comicbook.com/dc/2019

The future of the Arrowverse on The CW is shaping up to be very exciting, but we're likely in for a lot of major changes when "Crisis on Infinite Earths" takes over later this year.
A new rumor suggests that two series will likely end after this event, including the flagship show Arrow and the time-traveling teamup show Legends of Tomorrow, according to We Got This Covered.

Both shows have already been renewed for their eighth and fifth seasons respectively, but the new rumor suggests they will end after those seasons. If this is the case, it will likely tie into The CW's plans for their next crossover event with "Crisis on Infinite Earths" refreshing the landscape of the network's superhero shows.
While fans would likely be disappointed in Arrow ending, the show will be on its eighth season and will likely live on in syndication and streaming services, given its fast library of episodes as well as the fan acclaim its earned over the years. But 9 years is a lot of time on television, and the cast — especially star Stephen Amell — might be ready to move on.

Amell teased what he saw as the end of his role on the series last year, explaining on Michael Rosenbaum's Inside of You podcast that there's only one box left to check on Oliver Queen's "to do" list.

"The only thing that is left for him to do - and he doesn't need to die to do this - is he needs to leave a legacy." Amell said last year. "Because we have all these other shows that exist. So whether Arrow continued on in the absence of Oliver Queen, or someone else took up the mantle of the Green Arrow... I think leaving a legacy is the last box left to tick for the character."
Old 02-24-2019, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I heard that rumor a few days ago but didn't post it because I wasn't sure if it was true... seems to fall under more of the rumor/speculation category....

Arrow ending would make sense though.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tia...you can move the post if you'd like to..up to you...

we've been saying Arrow was on it's last legs this past year... Id like to see Stephen try another genre [not a cop show please

the last villain storyline I really liked was DD...of course...no surprise there]

Prom and the Arrow LoD team seemed too realistic to me [except for Siren]
Old 02-24-2019, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Nah I'll keep it here because it might turn out to be true.....

Yeah I know you don't like the realistic like storylines. Soap Operas would so be your thing than.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Soap operas are very realistic...people have affairs, cheat on people, steal from people and evil try to kill people...so I don't like Soaps...
Old 02-25-2019, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

That just seems like the fandom hanging on the comic storyline, when the Arrowverse had never been following the comics. I think fans are setting themselves up for disappointment when not much is going to happen besides maybe merging Supergirl's earth. Which still probably won't change much. Tv ratings are down everywhere thanks to streaming services and people not buying cable anymore. The Arrowverse shows are still doing better then most of the CW's other shows. They won't want to mess with that.

Arrow can be ending. However unless they are changing when the crossover airs they are not cancelling all those shows in the middle of the season.

They could attempt to combine the shows into one but that would require them getting rid of most of shows cast. Legends works because the team basically had only each other, they don't come with their own team like the others.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

maybe they should just do the crossover in May and make it a Finale Week.... that way if Arrow and LoT are cancelled..it will make sense to the casual viewer. They could also wrap up the existing storylines of each show early May as well in 2020
Old 02-25-2019, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

If the crossover is changed to May then I can see them ending the shows.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Soap operas are very realistic...people have affairs, cheat on people, steal from people and evil try to kill people...so I don't like Soaps...

Many doppegangers, evil twins, interfamily affairs lol, coming back from the dead, ghost of the living, serial killers redemption, odd cures, clones. lol
Old 02-25-2019, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

outside of dopples ...those others sound very realistic

there are lots of twins out there
interfamily affairs are not common , but they happen
I've seen stories of people who were believed dead come back... most of them are war stories, but rare stories are near death experiences
Cloning and the possible realism of cloning people are news stories too
Odd cures to exist especially in foreign countires…

We should take this discussion in OT....