Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2019, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

DC, Marvel, is doesn't make a difference to me. As long as they aren't weird non-sci-fi/fantasy/comics characters
Old 08-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great count, Tia!

Well, I've watched both DC and Marvel, Johnnie. But both have disappointed me lately for a variety of reasons.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well Alex is more Marvel than DC so you have Alex for team Marvel. lol

However, Johnnie when I FIRST had this competition for trivia on this board I actually had it mandatory to have at least 1 Legends of Tomorrow character as well. lol
And we use to do the fantasy trivia with the Shadowhunters board as well so it was a mandatory Legends character and the rest of the list as DC/Marvel/Shadowhunters.

I only allowed 1-2 OUTSIDER character from other tv shows.

But I do think overall it was easier for people to do Q&A the previous years.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Website Manager

I went out of my way to watch stuff to ask questions about content I wasn't familiar (or as familiar) with.

I guess we'll see next year perhaps. Granted if one needs a char from Smallville I'd prob be in trouble. I started making notes from an older DC show if we need more DC chars in the future.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I really didn't have time to watch much content. If I knew how time consuming it was going to be, I wouldn't have participated. I propose lightening it a bit next year. A shorter run and certainly no 6 challenges any day!
Old 08-07-2019, 03:10 AM
Website Manager

I think part of that might have had to do with not having a lot of participants, 4 per day made it for you could challenge each person once. I suppose 2 could have worked.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I know that Dave was enthusiastic about starting the trivia, but I think it played a part in why he decided to give up It can't be the coincidence when it got too much for him. It ended up being too stressful
Old 08-07-2019, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The trivia was actually longer in the past. Before it use to go on all week including the weekends. I think 2 years ago is when I put in the weekends policy to give it a rest break although this time I only had the Sunday whereas before I believe I had 2 days...

Before it was 3 challenges per day before though HOWEVER, as Johnnie mentioned because it was 5 people in a challenge, 4 or 2 had to be the limit. 4 seemed better because it gave higher sores without having to worry about ties a lot of the time.

If it was 6+ people in the competition than it could've been 3.

I will say that if it wasn't for Dave than I wouldn't have even started it this year since I was sort of busy but I elected to anyway and trivia is trivia.

Also, 6 challenges per day also happen as a way to again help people along to extended their lead or CATCH UP! However, in my posts I NEVER said, YOU HAVE TO DO SIX CHALLENGES PER DAY. Dave and Alex a lot of the time didn't even on those days. So it was really still up to the participant to make their own decisions.

If you wanted to, you still could've done 2 challenges per day and kept it going.

So it was just 24 days, it wasn't really that long.... compared to how it could've been. lol And of course the conest really wouldn't work being 2 weeks because if everyone got all the Q&A correct within the 2 weeks than there would be no true winner. 4 weeks is enough time to get a winner and do what you do.

In the end everyone is responsible for their own decisions.
You can play, you can decline, you can dropout... in the past people dropped out because they were to busy or something happened in the middle of the conest. Everyone makes their own decisions. lol

The other competitions in the past went well but the only main difference is that this trivia wasn't with the Shadowhunters board & I allowed a lot of general characters to be added when in the past I only accepted ONE! If you need to proof, here goes a preview of the characters and how the competition was 2 years ago, RIGHT HERE!
Old 08-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I tend to be competitive Tia. If you say 6 questions, I will do 6 to have a chance if at all possible.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:33 AM
Website Manager

Kind of the same here. I was trying to go all in since there was sets amounts of questions each day.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

yeah, it's a character flaw actually, I can't give up when it would just be best to rest I've made myself ill a few times doing that in different situations

Last edited by wickedrum; 08-08-2019 at 01:31 PM
Old 08-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Trust me next year will be better and I guess easier? Depending on how you do Q&A!
Old 08-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I do think that Dave got a bit overwhelmed by all the challenges, especially since his eyesight isn't good. It would be simpler if we just had three challenges per day over a longer period of time. Something more manageable.

I remember I ended up posting very late into the evening on my other boards because I was trying to answer questions and come up with my own questions for all of the challenges. Especially for people who had characters I knew nothing about, Johnnie.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I believe that Alex has been a participant in all of the Fantasy trivia's thus far. lol

Tia, Dave and Alex have been in all of them so yeah it would be strange if Dave isn't in it next year.

Also 3 challenges is easy if we can get 6+ people. lol So if we can get that, than good! Start recruiting people early. lol
Old 08-19-2019, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope we can do the next challenge during a month where more people can participate. I think July, the middle of the summer vacation season, might've been a mistake.