Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2017, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
hoping for good weather on Saturday so I can go out via bus
I hope so.
And hope everything is better for Sarah today.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really hope so too with Sarah
Old 01-20-2017, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope so as well.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't sleep very well
Old 01-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

OMFG I hate my job so much right now which is why I just left before I snapped at somebody or quit

So I left after 3 hours today thanks to yesterday so left on Wednesday and went right to my doctor - thought would have to give my restrictions note to HR cause a friend was told by a scheduler that restrictions notes should go to HR not scheduling. So was afraid that it would be denied, so asked if my boss or manager would be able to have time for me due to my concerns of the note being denied. So my boss says should be fine and should just go to schedulers than tell her afraid it would be denied. SHE ****IN GRABS IT OUT OF MY ****IN HANDS AND GOES TO HAND IT IN TO SCHEDULING FOR ME - WHAT THE **** CONSIDERING THOUGH SHE ****IN CARED. So one of the schedulers says that it would be fine and would have the 6th shifts removed

So I start to calm down and left work alright to than got home to getting stoned with my neighbour in the house. Get to work today and the 6th shifts have not been removed, no one comes to speak to me or anything and 3 hours in nothin. So alone with my dark thoughts and just said no, my doctor isn't in until Tuesdahy
Old 01-20-2017, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think they are allowed to go against Doctors orders....isn't that legal or something... and if they try to fire you without cause..that would be something you could take to court too... I don't know how Canadian laws work though...maybe Tia would know

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
OMFG I hate my job so much right now which is why I just left before I snapped at somebody or quit

So I left after 3 hours today thanks to yesterday so left on Wednesday and went right to my doctor - thought would have to give my restrictions note to HR cause a friend was told by a scheduler that restrictions notes should go to HR not scheduling. So was afraid that it would be denied, so asked if my boss or manager would be able to have time for me due to my concerns of the note being denied. So my boss says should be fine and should just go to schedulers than tell her afraid it would be denied. SHE ****IN GRABS IT OUT OF MY ****IN HANDS AND GOES TO HAND IT IN TO SCHEDULING FOR ME - WHAT THE **** CONSIDERING THOUGH SHE ****IN CARED. So one of the schedulers says that it would be fine and would have the 6th shifts removed

So I start to calm down and left work alright to than got home to getting stoned with my neighbour in the house. Get to work today and the 6th shifts have not been removed, no one comes to speak to me or anything and 3 hours in nothin. So alone with my dark thoughts and just said no, my doctor isn't in until Tuesdahy
Old 01-20-2017, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Now its just I think I need to take a leave of absence but my doctor isn't in the office until Tuesday
Old 01-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

can you see another Dr. or her supervisor on Monday or even go today if you have bus money??
Old 01-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll probably have to see my doctor not going to think about it again until Monday - maybe come Monday I'll be over it but don't think so
Old 01-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

hope you get lots of rest this weekend
Old 01-20-2017, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

BBL after a long hot shower
Old 01-20-2017, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I might try to take a nap
Old 01-20-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wished I could but still wound up
Old 01-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay I wanted to completely gather my thoughts and have a meaningful post which is why it's my first time on this thread here today.
I really only try to come here for the show since I'd rather bee more uplifting for anything else but anyway, FOR SARAH.

Sorry about what you are going through Sarah, but you have to try to be strong and don't let stuff like work bring you down that much.

I know we are all different but the closests situation I had was last year with a job at a movie theater when I was also at school. I feel that I was doing more than the job description. I had to do the register, do the walks, do the box office, collect the tickets and the breaking point for me was when they said that the employees have to also do the bathroom. I was like "Umm... I didn't remember my application saying that."

However, I still stayed with the job, but never did the bathroom stuff, nope, I don't do that. lol

The real breaking point as to why I eventually QUIT though was that there was this employee there and she looked so drained, she was working all day and she was suppose to leave a 5pm, however, it was 6pm. I asked her what's going on, and she told me that she is staying until the next employee comes and that she didn't have any lunch. I was like WTF? I said isn't it illegal not to have a lunch break? however, she was shy obviously and didn't.

So, I asked one of the boss that this co-worker of mine didn't have a lunch break? What's going on? and they told me that she is fine and it's not really required... and I told them off saying how that's not right, you can't treat employees that way.

However, later that night, I did something, and actually looked at the VA laws, and actually my boss was right, according to the VA laws, ONLY 16 year olds or YOUNGER requires a lunch break. 17 and ABOVE, anything can happen. That turned me off of the state of VA!

Me and one of my boss were okay after the fact but after a week longer of being with the company, I decided to quit and people were shocked because I was only there for about 3 months. It's like no one ever quit the movie theater job before. They wondered why, and I was honest by saying that I don't like the way some things happen, and I don't like that employees are doing way more than with the job description says. If people are going to do 4 jobs, maybe they should be getting paid $15+ dollars per hour.

In closing, what I hope this post shows is that complaining isn't going to fix anything because that's EXACTLY what I did. After school, I would have a deep sigh before I headed to work feeling bad for myself but I had the POWER to change it the whole time.
I'm not rich, but I have faith in my ability to find somewhere that would treat me better.
It's why I'm taking a break from school this Winter, I needed sometime to clear my mind because exams were starting to become to stressful.
Stress sadly kills people.
And Stress ain't killing me because I have the power to change it.

Last week, someone close to me passed away... my heart was so broken, I was so sad, and I still am.
However, I am staying strong for the people who love me, and for myself. I can't keep looking at pictures or keep going over the "hows" and the "whys" because it will only make things worst.

My recommendation would be to keep your job, but while you have that job, probably search for something else? if you get that new job, that's when you can leave your former (current) employer.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Update Sunday shifts have been removed - feeling closer to letting everything go - I'll probably return to work come Monday and do the days before my vacation than see about making my restriction full time and just not the 2 weeks