Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2018, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I miss the days of the Old West.... Hang em' all and let God sort them out;thud: oh wait... do they still use hanging in Texas?
Old 07-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice, Dave. No, I don't think hanging is still legal.

I understand what you're saying, Melissa, but this was a case of a mentally unhinged person who had a history of criminal activity, who had been in prison for armed robbery, and who had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Shootings and stabbings happen all the time all around the world among all races. We can't just start making it racial every time the victim is black and the attacker is white. The Beltway Snipers were both white and they killed both white and black people. Are we going to reassign Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, and the Zodiac Killer as "white privilege" and not psychopathic behavior? I just think the Anne Hathaway thing is yet another example of "please love me" social justice warrior behavior from a celebrity, as well as the troubling trend of trial by social media instead of allowing facts and due process to determine what happened.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think justice is equal in races at all.... and add to that economic status class.... if someone can afford a good lawyer, a fair one, or be assigned public defender [free lawyer assigned to you]
Old 07-28-2018, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I agree with you on that, Dave. I'm well aware that how the justice system works varies depending on class, race, etc. It really needs to do better.

But that wasn't the point of my comment. My point was that Anne Hathaway or anyone making this about race and "white privilege" before any facts have been released, and when no evidence of any motive or any connections to any hate groups have been found, and the attacker is an ex con who was on parole and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, is irresponsible. We can't allow this to become a knee-jerk society that goes by emotion and feelings and ignores facts, reason, and logic.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Trump isn't helping the whole situation either Alex... he makes it worse at times when he says stuff like "fire those athletes who don't stand for national anthem"
Old 07-31-2018, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, that's the problem with Twitter, Dave. The court of social media is really messing everything up, from Hollywood to the White House, people are just mouthing off and facts no longer matter.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

I read Maisie's article on SheThority and I can't say I completely understand, but I can relate to being mixed race. I'm half Norwegian and half Japanese. Everyone I meet puts me one identity or the other to white's I'm Asian, to Asian's I'm white. I'm both and I shouldn't have to really choose which one I am.

I have gotten the "where are you really from" question. My grandparents were born in America, my Great Grandparents got here in 1905 from Japan, my family has been here for a long time. My grandparents were put in internment camps during WW2 and lost their homes and their businesses. I've also had someone yell at me to go back to China. This is what the world is coming to again, so I understand why people are upset. Maybe not everything is about race but it's getting harder to tell the difference when a white murderer is treated with logic and calmness and POC's are mostly treated like criminals when they've done nothing wrong.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, Melissa... I'm not treating that murderer differently because he's white. I'm still calling him a criminal and a murderer, and he deserves to go to jail for life. I also think he should never have been released on parole in the first place. I just don't like this particular case being made more than what it is, as if it is equivalent to the shootings of unarmed black men by police in the last few years which clearly shows a bias in the police force with regards to how they operate. Psychos who have mental disorders don't discriminate, and this guy has a history of assault and armed robbery, so this poor girl isn't the first person he's hurt.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

cloudy out...but it says it will NOT rain....
Old 08-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It rained on me today, Dave. I got drenched.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

sorry abuot that Alex
Old 08-04-2018, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Dave.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Been a lot of rain this past week.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I always have to watch the volume of my tv b/c of apartment suites close by