Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2018, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Since the parents were fake I don't think Ava grew up as a regular person. She was born an adult woman. And they said they made the perfect person so she didn't have a template of one woman. She's multiple women made into one.

On the show Orphan Black (which was referenced by Ray) those clones were children but they all grew up in different environments and different countries. That shaped them into all different people. Some grew up knowing they clones others did not. None of them were alike. I think that's what happened with Ava. I'm guessing being away from the other clones and hanging around other people and the Legends she learned to be more like them. That and the fake memories that Rip implanted in her. A nature vs nurture type of thing.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Just like how much sassier Gideon got from being around the legends, Ava got less uptight the more time she spends with the legends/Sara. All these Ava clones were exactly how Ava was in the beginning of the season.

So biologically Ava is still a human, just that the technology made it possible for her to skip the need to have parents and an entire childhood? In Orphan Black, it's pretty clear the clones were all human because they still needed a woman to birth them, and they were no different from other people other than the fact that they all share the same DNA. Kinda like man-made twins x 100. But Ava is trickier because none of that happened.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Ava seems like she's copied into a person. I mean that was 2213. Who knows what technology they have.

I'll have to watch it again but they really didn't seem to make her a robot. I guess we do need more info about what her skeleton is made out of. She could be like more Westworld and Battlestar Galactica then Orphan Black even though they used clone instead of AI. Or she can be like the BBC show Humans they are called Synths for synthetic humans. They are about a group of conscious AI's that feel human emotions and can bleed and die like humans. They are stronger though. On that show they had a whole trial to determine if a Synth can be tried as a human for murder instead of just destroyed like a robot. It's a very interesting show.

I also noticed I like and enjoy a lot shows about human like robots.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 03-27-2018 at 11:03 AM
Old 03-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Extreme Fan

The way the billboard described her, made her seem like an AI. There were stuff like "version 3.0.1", "100% housebroken", "more human than human", etc. It feels like Ava was created as a product for people to purchase and modify for their use. I wonder if Rip got himself an Ava and then trained her as Sara, which might explain how all the clones were easily defeated, but our Ava was could match Sara at fighting.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
The way the billboard described her, made her seem like an AI. There were stuff like "version 3.0.1", "100% housebroken", "more human than human", etc. It feels like Ava was created as a product for people to purchase and modify for their use. I wonder if Rip got himself an Ava and then trained her as Sara, which might explain how all the clones were easily defeated, but our Ava was could match Sara at fighting.
Then Ava would be close to the Synths on Humans. They are sold at a store and people used them for whatever they wanted.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:19 AM
Extreme Fan

That seems close to what I think Ava is. Just that the future tech made them behave much more like humans. The level of intelligence and emotions is Westworld-like.

Last edited by lancer6238; 03-27-2018 at 11:25 AM
Old 03-27-2018, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

On Humans there are a group of the Synths that have been given conciseness. They are more human even on more than the ones on Westworld. They are capable of love and empathy pretty much all the human emotions. A couple of them fell in love with humans. One of the characters on that show reminds of me Ava. That Synth was working as a police officer and no one knew she wasn't human. She was the strict rule follower until she fell in love with her human partner.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 03-27-2018 at 11:59 AM
Old 03-27-2018, 09:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow, did the Legends writers just copy that storyline?
Old 03-28-2018, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
Wow, did the Legends writers just copy that storyline?
Maybe they got their idea from it. Only that one ended tragically. It's a British show they tend to go deeper than American shows. That Synth had the conciseness of a real person that had a mental illness. So she kind of had one too.

They could go that way with Ava too I guess. Rip could've downloaded a real person into Ava's programming and that's why she's different. That's what made the Synth on the show different than the rest of them.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Ava really only changed after Ep 9. Before that, she behaved exactly the same as the clone that was trying to capture them in the lab.

I just remembered that Ava stands for Advanced Variant Automaton. So I guess that confirms Ava is a machine?
Old 03-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think confirms that Ava is a machine. Automaton means a machine made to look and act human. Only they kept acting like she was a cloned human. So I don't know if the writers even know what Ava is.

They should've gone with Ava being Michelle Carter, Rip's aunt and twin sister of Booster Gold.. Rip did take her before she died and put in a different time so she could keep living. They could've gone with Rip did whatever he did that made him think he was a director in the 60's to her. That way she would still be human rather than a machine.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved the DD pretending to torture Nate scene....

I knew Ava was a robot or clone as soon as I saw the title I, Ava, like 3 weeks before it aired. There's a movie called "I, Robot" that dates back to 2004

So Rip recruited Ava via time travel to his time bureau before she died?
Old 03-30-2018, 10:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

The show made it clear that Ava is not a robot. She's a human made from the best DNA in the world.

Ava never died.