Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2017, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
I also feel for her when she comes across Damien again
Great for me as a fan though.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, because you don't have to deal with him
Old 09-29-2017, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Great for me as a fan though.
Same I want to know if Damien will remember Sara or how its going to go down
Old 09-29-2017, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Nerds (View Post)
Yeah, because you don't have to deal with him
Well as a viewer, I have to.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
Same I want to know if Damien will remember Sara or how its going to go down
Yeah, Damien's not supposed to remember the LoD. But he would know about Sara as the back-from-the-dead-daughter-whom-Quentin-almost-killed since Quentin told him about it.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well as a viewer, I have to.
That's not dealing with him, that's seeing him He doesn't see you, or talk to you
Old 09-30-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
Yeah, Damien's not supposed to remember the LoD. But he would know about Sara as the back-from-the-dead-daughter-whom-Quentin-almost-killed since Quentin told him about it.
Well TECHNICALLY he should remember Sara from 1942 if he has a great memory. Remember they returned Darhk back to the 1980s.
So everything in the 1942 still is remembered from Darhk....

So, it would be a bit like 2x05, when he noticed Sara looks familiar and hasn't aged a day... however, wouldn't he had known that in the Arrow days? See what confusing time travel does. lol

Darhk first episode of Season 2 was, 2x01, 1942.
He got returned Miami, 1987, episode 2x05

So, timeline.
1942, he tried to blow up NYC with the Nazis. Sara meets him full of rage, at the end of 2x01, we see that Darhk has a partner Eobard Thawne.
MIA, for like 4 episodes for Darhk, and 2x05 is when Eobard asks Darhk to join the LoD.... I have to admit, I am a bit confused as to why Eobard asked the 1987 version of Darhk to join instead of the 1942 version.

I just needed to see more. lol
Old 09-30-2017, 09:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I guess we need to know how that memory wipe thing works. Which memories did it wipe - everything that happened in S2, including that fight with Sara at the docks in the premiere, or just the LoD thing? Is the memory wipe thing precise like a surgical tool where they can selectively wipe out the memories they choose, or just a blunt instrument that wipes out everything within a time range (though that would be dangerous since Darhk would realize he has a huge memory loss). Would Darhk remember the 1970s missile sale with Savage in the pilot, where he also met the Legends, including Sara? So many questions

Speaking of the missile sale in the pilot and the dock scene in S2E1, Darhk did not seem to recognize Sara from just 30 years ago (at the missile sale), so maybe he wouldn't remember Sara now even if he retained his 1942 memories, which would be over 70 years ago?
Old 09-30-2017, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I think Darhk remembered Sara because her hated for him... at first he really wasn't paying attention but her attacking him the same way she did in 1942, made him remember her, and of course made him curious of her hatred.

Time travel is confusing......and LoT just makes it more confusing for me.

I am curious did the writers intentionally did not let Darhk return to the 1940s though? since they knew they would bring him back as a series regular so wanted him to remember some version of them...

The ONLY confusing thing of course is IF Darhk remembered Sara from the 1940s, that means he would have remembered her in season 4 of Arrow when he was trying to get Quentin to kill his own daughter.... which is the direction I highly DOUBT the writers will go at this point even if it'll make a lot of sense especially since we keep hearing about how...

Spoiler:
Old 09-30-2017, 10:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
^ I think Darhk remembered Sara because her hated for him... at first he really wasn't paying attention but her attacking him the same way she did in 1942, made him remember her, and of course made him curious of her hatred.

Time travel is confusing......and LoT just makes it more confusing for me.

I am curious did the writers intentionally did not let Darhk return to the 1940s though? since they knew they would bring him back as a series regular so wanted him to remember some version of them...

The ONLY confusing thing of course is IF Darhk remembered Sara from the 1940s, that means he would have remembered her in season 4 of Arrow when he was trying to get Quentin to kill his own daughter.... which is the direction I highly DOUBT the writers will go at this point even if it'll make a lot of sense especially since we keep hearing about how...

Spoiler:
Ok, so chronologically, before Darhk was recruited by Thawne, Darhk and Sara met
- In 1942 at the docks, where they fought (Ep 2x01)
- In 1975 at the missile sale (Ep 1x02)
- In 1987 at the White House when Sara told Darhk his future (Ep 2x05)

Darhk only recognized Sara in 1987, but not in 1975. At least, I don't see any recognition in his face. I think what caused Darhk to recognize Sara in 1987 was the look on her face (someone whom he had taken away everything from), and he put 2 and 2 together. In 1975, Sara wasn't haunted by her sister's death, so Darhk didn't remember her.

I don't think Darhk from Arrow S4 would know Sara besides her name. He didn't actually see Sara, and he hasn't killed Laurel yet so there's no context. Nothing would have reminded him of 1942!Sara, especially since Sara didn't tell him why she hated him.

All this is just to make things fit. Realistically, I just think it's because the writers can't actually time travel back to when they filmed the pilot so that they could write Darhk showing some curiosity/recognition when he saw Sara That would have made more sense.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Well I sadly think you have to rule out 1975 because I don't think the writers knew that Darhk would become a huge character with the Legion of Doom in season 2.
LoT writers just aren't that wise to prethink in season 1, the storylines for season 2...
Season 1 was so heavy criticize that they needed to have a great season 2, with great villains.

And yes, I think as you mentioned, if the writers would have thought long terms, things would've been so different for Darhk in his season 1 episode.

But yeah, he didn't really remember Sara in the 80s at first when she was with her group.... same as in 1975... don't think he was just paying attention.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Can't really blame the writers since that was the pilot. They probably just thought it would be cool to randomly have Darhk be in there, and didn't think they would actually be giving him a heavy SL a year later.

Well, Darhk is pretty old. Isn't he like more than 100 years old? I'll forgive him for his bad memory. Especially when Sara probably isn't the first person who wants to kill him
Old 10-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

... BARRY, CAN WE BORROW THAT DRY ERASE BOARD FOR A HOT SECOND?

My brain hurts...
Old 10-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Nerds (View Post)
... BARRY, CAN WE BORROW THAT DRY ERASE BOARD FOR A HOT SECOND?

My brain hurts...
Haha. Well time travel confuses things. lol
Old 10-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And yet we trusted these dorks with it