Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
They really should do that because I think its impossible for the writers I think part of the problem is such a LARGE main character cast - all of them in a sense are main characters and its like 8 or more, so its harder to balance
Yes! It's a big cast! it's gotta be a challenge to do everyone justice, build up bonds with only a 40 minutes slot.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It is hard wished that they did a better job with it
Old 02-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I agree.Jared
Old 02-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by green eyes sparkle (View Post)
Yes! It's a big cast! it's gotta be a challenge to do everyone justice, build up bonds with only a 40 minutes slot.
yes...that has to be a challenge..but like Tia always says...with good writing..alll is possible
Old 02-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

IF good writing seems hit and miss with LoT writers
Old 02-11-2017, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
IF good writing seems hit and miss with LoT writers
yes...agree... they key word "IF"
Old 02-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They really should do that because I think its impossible for the writers I think part of the problem is such a LARGE main character cast - all of them in a sense are main characters and its like 8 or more, so its harder to balance
I would think it'll be easier. Just let characters randomly share scenes and have them flirt or whatever and having them develop over episodes... Don't see the issue.

Like with Captain Canary, just them playing cards was a nice little build.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes that was a nice buildup that I think Went/Caity came up on their own
Old 02-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I would think it'll be easier. Just let characters randomly share scenes and have them flirt or whatever and having them develop over episodes... Don't see the issue.

Like with Captain Canary, just them playing cards was a nice little build.
I think sometimes that is what writers miss on shows. Little details like playing cards hint at a growing friendship but doesn't take a lot of screen time to set up. It's the small things that sadly get overlooked.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by green eyes sparkle (View Post)
I think sometimes that is what writers miss on shows. Little details like playing cards hint at a growing friendship but doesn't take a lot of screen time to set up. It's the small things that sadly get overlooked.
Right on, Kate! completely agreed. Ships doesn't appear out of thin air, it happens naturally, over the course of episodes. Some might have the love at first sight, which can work or, the great foundation.

I actually probably wouldn't mind the love at first sight but the issue I've had with Legends of Tomorrow, is that the romances come out of no where. lol

Like for example, Ray/Kendra, Stein told Ray about Jefferson's jealousy and that's when Ray has feelings for Kendra??? even though she just lost Carter 2 episodes ago? that's not how you build anything. I felt a better way would've been for Ray/Kendra to be friends and for Ray to be the person Kendra leaned on after Carter died, and probably Ray can talk about how dificult it was when he lost his wife? And slowly they realize that they find comfort in one another and grow closer because of that.

Doesn't that love story sounds better written?

So, it's the writing, NOT the chemistry because I believe a lot of the characters (luckily) on this show has nice chemistry but just isn't giving the correct storyline.

Like let's look at the art of build up.

Leonard is having a disagreement with Mick, however, when he's doing that, he's playing cards with Sara. Like it's not forcing anything, it's what 2 people do when they are bored or just want to do something. Play cards casually.

Also, to make matters worst, THIS WASN'T even the writers idea. It was Wentworth/Caity's idea. So, it shows they cannot (haven't yet) write and build a relationship normally and realistically.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tia you hit Ray/Kendra on the money associated to Ciara/Brandon may have had chemistry but what pissed me off was that Carter had just died 2-3 episodes before that

Again absolutely right that the writers can't build a normal/realistic relationship Considering as you said, its all been Wentworth/Caity that has built their relationship. Them throwing in looks here and there, building off each other and THEY built the relationship. Especially the cards was their idea
Old 02-12-2017, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

how is it that the Flash writers can write better relationships.....

Arrow isn't any better at writing relationships
Old 02-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ for me The Flash writes the relationships, and the build of them, the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Right on, Kate! completely agreed. Ships doesn't appear out of thin air, it happens naturally, over the course of episodes. Some might have the love at first sight, which can work or, the great foundation.

I actually probably wouldn't mind the love at first sight but the issue I've had with Legends of Tomorrow, is that the romances come out of no where. lol

Like for example, Ray/Kendra, Stein told Ray about Jefferson's jealousy and that's when Ray has feelings for Kendra??? even though she just lost Carter 2 episodes ago? that's not how you build anything. I felt a better way would've been for Ray/Kendra to be friends and for Ray to be the person Kendra leaned on after Carter died, and probably Ray can talk about how dificult it was when he lost his wife? And slowly they realize that they find comfort in one another and grow closer because of that.

Doesn't that love story sounds better written?

So, it's the writing, NOT the chemistry because I believe a lot of the characters (luckily) on this show has nice chemistry but just isn't giving the correct storyline.

Like let's look at the art of build up.

Leonard is having a disagreement with Mick, however, when he's doing that, he's playing cards with Sara. Like it's not forcing anything, it's what 2 people do when they are bored or just want to do something. Play cards

Also, to make matters worst, THIS WASN'T even the writers idea. It was Wentworth/Caity's idea. So, it shows they cannot (haven't yet) write and build a relationship normally and realistically.
Exactly! A ship, or at least one I can invest in doesn't just appear out of nothing. It has to be built up naturally and gradually. I need a chemistry to be there to ship, always have , but agree that if the writing's not there it fizzles in to nothing.

The whole Kendra thing did appear out of nowhere so that was a hard one for me to find convincing

I loved how Leonard and Sara started. Like you say, he was arguing with Mick, and it gave way to a nice time for Sara to come in. I think because at that point Mick was the only person Leonard cared about it only added to the Leonard/Sara friendship and more developing because she caught a glimpse at a side of him that he likes to hide. And them just playing cards was just nice and natural. Nothing over the top, just a little gesture.

It's crazy that it was their idea and not the writing staff.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea absolutely how much Went/Caity put into it themselves
Old 02-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yea absolutely how much Went/Caity put into it themselves
Makes the characters even better