Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2014, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by now.it.all.begins (View Post)
Why do you think you won't enjoy seasons 4-10? It's only natural that a person will change from the time their 14 to the time their 24 and trust me, the change in Clark is for the better. He's very resistant to embracing his destiny in the earlier seasons of the show so it's wonderful to see how eager Clark is to help people (outside of his friends and family) in the later seasons of the show and go on this journey to becoming the superhero he's supposed to be.
I don't know, I'm just nervous about seeing the rest of the show.

I love Clark so much. He's just perfect. I hope he only gets even better. But the people around him will change too.

For example I love his friendship in season 1 with Lex and I know that will change and I'm sad . Just thinking of how horrible it could get.

And his relationship with Lois. I've seen zip of that. I'm just worried I'll hate them together or something. Ugh.

I just need to watch and see.

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 11-18-2014, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

I always find it incredibly interesting how some fans of a show or a ship or a character are afraid of change because for me change is pretty much the only thing that makes a story worth watching/reading. And then I start thinking about it: If Clark had stayed the same person he was back in season 1 or if Clark's friendship with Lex had stayed intact for the entire series, wouldn't that have been pretty boring? Wouldn't that reduce the show down to the freak of the week plots (which imo have always been the weakest part of each episode) and left no room for actual character development?

I get it, it's not nice to see your favorite ship break up or your favorite characters go through a rough time because we emphasize with them but when you take a step back and look at it in regards of storytelling, I think all of those changes in character dynamics and the drama is what makes a story or a character interesting in the first place. Wasn't it Smallville's premise of showing Clark turning into Superman and Lex turning into well Lex that made all of us watch it? Would we have watched it if the premise of the show would have been that it's a story about a young farmer's boy and his best friend living happily ever after?
Old 11-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by falling slowly

I don't know, I'm just nervous about seeing the rest of the show.

I love Clark so much. He's just perfect. I hope he only gets even better. But the people around him will change too.

For example I love his friendship in season 1 with Lex and I know that will change and I'm sad . Just thinking of how horrible it could get.

And his relationship with Lois. I've seen zip of that. I'm just worried I'll hate them together or something. Ugh.

I just need to watch and see.
Well the thing about the show though is that it's intended as a prequel to the Superman story so they're going to start things as far apart from where they're supposed to end up as possible. Like most people know going in that Lex and Superman end up being each other's ultimate enemies and that Lois and Clark end up together. For me I thought it was interesting to see how that happened. And like Jette said, which was very well put, "change is pretty much the only thing that makes a story worth watching". I think it would be very boring if shows stayed stagnant and the same and IMO it would also be extremely poor storytelling if characters didn't change and grow from season to season...for example on the show One Tree Hill, Nathan started out as a complete jackass, but then he became one of the best male characters on the show and that wouldn't have happened without change and character growth. The same thing goes for the relationships between characters.

Now wrt to Clark's relationship with Lois and whether or not you'll love it or hate it, I think a large part of that is up to you and what your expectations are for their relationship. They're meeting under different circumstances at a different time in their lives so it only makes sense that their relationship would also differ from it's traditional course (which would be Clark falling head over heels in love with Lois right off the bat). I'm a huge Clois shipper, they're my #1 OTP, and for me, I loved seeing their relationship develop and progress over the course of Erica Durance's 7 years on the show. So yeah that's just my two cents
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 11-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love Lois and Clark I just don't know yet what I'll think of Erica Durance as Lois I guess. I've never seen her in anything. I'm worried for nothing I'm sure, tbh I haven't given her a chance. I only ever saw one episode of season 4 before.

Back to Lex and Clark. I know that Lex and Clark are enemies it's just they seem so close in the beginning that I find it sad. Lex said their friendship would be that of a legend (or something like that) and I guess I'm just thinking it was all a lie

I'm on season 2 episode 8 now. So far Im loving it

I'll just put it out there. I love Clark and Lana and I am still waiting for them to get together. It's so frustrating. It makes me so sad that they don't end up together. Hard to imagine at this point that Clark would fall for someone else. Though I know he does because Lois is his true love. That said I haven't seen hardly any of the show so just ignore me. I know it's really all about the journey. A journey I haven't seen yet. Ive heard nothing but good things about smallville. I can't wait to keep watching!

Last edited by falling slowly; 11-18-2014 at 10:25 PM
Old 11-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Don't think that I don't know how frustrating it can be to not see Clark ending up with the woman you wanna see him ending up with.

But believe me, even after season 4, there will be quite a few elements and story arcs that will make you as a Clana shipper happy. And then there are also the storylines and character developments that got nothing to do with shipping preferences and they totally make it worth watching as well.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm looking forward to his journey

Old 12-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

What episode are you on, now?
Old 12-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes where are you now ?
Rachel
Old 12-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Buzzfeed takes on why Tom’s Clark Kent is amazing: http://www.buzzfeed.com/bprofitt/23-...as-the-bo-v954

Old 12-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome, thanks for posting that!
Rachel
Old 12-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

"he loved lex luthor even when people told him not to" gave me chills.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jette_ (View Post)
"he loved lex luthor even when people told him not to" gave me chills.
Same It should be a title for an upcoming Clex thread maybe
Old 12-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

That's a very veeeeery good idea. I'll add it to the Opening Post of the Clex thread.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a great idea Love all the Lois and Clark references and how the person fangirls about how attractive he is
Rachel
Old 12-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jette_ (View Post)
That's a very veeeeery good idea. I'll add it to the Opening Post of the Clex thread.
Awesome

I need a smallville rematch so badly
Closed Thread   Post New Thread