Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Yea I ended up passing out almost leaving 4x22 where just gonna watch it this weekend also didn't want a cliffhanger, if it ended in one
Okay. Nice decision.

Also, happy you don't get as upset as me. lol It's a re-watch and I still get as upset as I am watching it live. lolol

I think my main issue though was just the way Lana/Jason were handled. And Jason as a character because of how I loved him.
I'm cool with Jason working with his mother, but at least build to it. Not have a shocking reveal happening in 4x18 of them talking when Jason is in the car like they have worked together the whole time....

It would be like if Lex secretly got Lionel out of jail after everything we saw on television. lol

I just needed a lot more build towards evil Jason.

Also, Lana character took a HUGGEE step down for me. She was so much more mature and confident and I feel that it took one prom dance to revert her back to the high school girl.

I don't know why they couldn't have Lana be a strong woman and decide to chose HERSELF. Why date Clark? Isn't he the reason she has the trust issues to begin with.
Why not formally break up with Jason before dancing with Clark?

Best thing Ms. Teague got right is when she said, "For her to choose Clark over you."... it was just bizzare because they were not building Clark and Lana all season.

Okay, we all know Sarah disliked Clark/Alicia.... so instead of wasting those 2 episodes of Clark/Alicia and showing how easily Clark and Lana can move on, why not use those 2 episodes towards building up Clark/Lana again?

One last complaint is Clark falling for Lana again when he lost his memory. I think I would've preferred if he fell in love with Chloe in the episode because sadly that episode proved Clark loves her for superficial reasons so, I hated the way that was handled.

RANT OVER!
Old 01-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea I dislike Clark/Alicia which is rare for me to dislike a couple and not appreciate them - for me Clark/Alicia creeped the hell out of me in S3 - than for Alicia to just turn up when Clark is complaining about not being able to date cause of his secret. I LIKED the skating and all cause it was cute BUT i disliked that Alicia used RedK against him, its almost like she drugged him but if you think about it. She did yea she came out and took it off him before they had sex but it still irked me

I guess the following episode of them together is just Clark wanting to see the good in somebody and giving a second chance - I DO feel that she may have changed and wanted to be better. Guess just felt everything for them moved way too fast and than his reaction to her death his screaming and all angry - maybe its cause of not being a shipper, but wasn't that quite an intense reaction for one everything that she did to him and him barely knowing her. Maybe it could have been the guilt of everybody thinking she did try to hurt Jason/Lana

--------------------------------

Lana did take a HUGE step backwards and think it could just be my dislike for Clana - wow 2 couples in one show that I dislike anyways off topic of my point

I do also feel that the prom did change everything and also agree that we should have seen an official breakup, though did she break up with him in her loft in 4x17 after what happened with Lex. I know its no where near official but did feel something there

ITA that it would have been nice for Lana to just be alone - why did she have to go back to Clark. Maybe his losing his memories and being all innocent where he was looking at her like she was on the Earth he walked on. PLUS gotta say sadly hated that episode with that kid that aged like crazy where Clana were his "parents", that episode disgusted me personally

Lana really did show maturity and it sucked that she took so many steps backwards, hopefully it doesn't last long and can have my Lexana
Old 01-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yea I dislike Clark/Alicia which is rare for me to dislike a couple and not appreciate them - for me Clark/Alicia creeped the hell out of me in S3 - than for Alicia to just turn up when Clark is complaining about not being able to date cause of his secret. I LIKED the skating and all cause it was cute BUT i disliked that Alicia used RedK against him, its almost like she drugged him but if you think about it. She did yea she came out and took it off him before they had sex but it still irked me

I guess the following episode of them together is just Clark wanting to see the good in somebody and giving a second chance - I DO feel that she may have changed and wanted to be better. Guess just felt everything for them moved way too fast and than his reaction to her death his screaming and all angry - maybe its cause of not being a shipper, but wasn't that quite an intense reaction for one everything that she did to him and him barely knowing her. Maybe it could have been the guilt of everybody thinking she did try to hurt Jason/Lana
Well it's okay if you disliked them. We all do have our own opinions and this is a rant thread for a reason. I can see your point of view but I guess for me I loved the chemistry between Clark/Alicia and through Alicia we got to see how Clark could move on.

I think what made Clark love Alicia though is for the same reason he felt he was meant to be with this woman Kyla... do you remember her from Season 2? She was in one episode but I think it's that he feels he can completely be himself.

He felt bad for her death because he felt she got treated harshly by the powers she possessed.

It's why Superman has enemies, because people fear of what he could do, and anything he does wrong will always get held against him.

It's like what if Clark got judged soley based on everything he did when he was on red kryptonite? People would see him different.

So, I feel it was the guilt of not believing her, and that she died with everyone knowing all the wrong she did. She was obsessed with Clark, yes. But, she really did love him because he was the only one who treated here good.

I disliked her using red kryptonite against him as well but I understood it. I probably wouldn't have if they had sex but I think she wanted him to open up to her and sadly he does when he's on red kryptonite. Everything he did on red kryptonite is what Clark WANTED to do.

I loved that Unsafe was the first episode that made it 100% clear that Clark on red kryptonte is what he wants to do and it's probably why I love him with Lois because she's the only person who seem to not need to have him on red kryptonite for him to be free and confident.

Quote:
Lana did take a HUGE step backwards and think it could just be my dislike for Clana - wow 2 couples in one show that I dislike anyways off topic of my point

I do also feel that the prom did change everything and also agree that we should have seen an official breakup, though did she break up with him in her loft in 4x17 after what happened with Lex. I know its no where near official but did feel something there

ITA that it would have been nice for Lana to just be alone - why did she have to go back to Clark. Maybe his losing his memories and being all innocent where he was looking at her like she was on the Earth he walked on. PLUS gotta say sadly hated that episode with that kid that aged like crazy where Clana were his "parents", that episode disgusted me personally

Lana really did show maturity and it sucked that she took so many steps backwards, hopefully it doesn't last long and can have my Lexana
For me I loved Clana so it's not about that. Although the ending of Season 4 is when my love for them die off.

I don't think I would have been upset if most of season 4 was building towards a Clark/Lana recolination, but I feel it came out of left field. It felt like Lana was truly moving on and not moving back and then it suddenly changed.

Jason just told Lana not to give up on her but that wasn't a real official break up they deserved.

Oh that episode where Clana were parents is considered one of the worst episodes in Smallville history. lolol

Well sadly I'm not a big Lexana fan or Lana fan in the upcoming seasons.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok glad that when Clana were "parents" that it was one of the worst episodes in SV history

I do see the POV on Clark/Alicia
Old 01-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Ok glad that when Clana were "parents" that it was one of the worst episodes in SV history

I do see the POV on Clark/Alicia
It's an okay episode to me.... not the best of course but... yeah. lol It was at least nice for Clana to see how parenting is.

I see yours as well. Not going to rant at you for not liking them.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea its an agree to disagree

I just think S3 episode just rubbed me completely the wrong way where I just couldn't than think his complaining to Martha about not being able to date was also set me off, eventually think Clark/Alicia could have worked

But THAN what really set me off was the RedK which yes Clark is himself when he's on it but not really being himself - its kinda of like what we saw of Lex, Lex's two sides were separated into two people - so for Clark, RedK is the "evil" but not evil, anyways trying to say that RedK is Clark's side of what we saw of Lex. So if it had been a slow burn related to Clark/Alicia - than I may have liked, cause did feel that she was turning around and changing
Old 01-03-2017, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Probably if they gave Alicia a great 12 episode arc, or something like that. Things would've stretched out and made more sense for you.

I wonder what is the episode distance between Unsafe and Pariah. Like is it only a week? I forgot. Because Lois was back in town, everyone knew about Clark/Alicia and Jason/Lana were 100% happy and okay again.

RedK is Clark.
It effects him emotionally in a way he'll say everything he wants to that he wouldn't if he is normal.

Life for example when a person is drunk and they tell you they don't like your shoes. They probably didn't like your shoes when they were sober but got the coverage to say it when they were drunk. lol It's sort of what they were thinking but.... yeah. lol

He just loses his inhibitions but he's the same person.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would honestly think no more than a week timespan related to the episodes I don't see shows taking more of a break without saying something to recognize a time jump
Old 01-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My rant of the start of the season is Clark Kent consistently mind changing. Happy Professor Fine brought it up...

Also, Lex never gets a break.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting I'll return tomorrow - cause will be finishing 4x22 and watching first 5 of season 5
Old 01-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Interesting I'll return tomorrow - cause will be finishing 4x22 and watching first 5 of season 5
I don't think you'll have much to rant about... well I thought you'd rant about Jason and I was wrong so who knows.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea you must have been shocked by my lack of Jason ranting though if I had done the finale - than may have different, so see how tomorrow goes
Old 01-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yea you must have been shocked by my lack of Jason ranting though if I had done the finale - than may have different, so see how tomorrow goes
Yes, it was a letdown.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't hate it

Though you can rant about how I've totally tossed my plan out the window I got confused about VLC even if I use it all the time. Kept thinking when I was looking at 52 - that it was 52 minutes left - so got confused thinkin that it was a 2 parter and was going to be longer than it was. Than I just closed the book on starting S5 today - yea the season left on a cliffhanger, but I just feel it easier to close the book on starting S5 and catch up on than next weekend should have a better ability even if still working 6 shifts. I can maybe crack out some PB after work on Saturday than leave Sunday for a good chunk of S5
Old 01-21-2017, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Sarah needs this thread so bringing it back up. lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread