Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Smallville 9x21 "Hostage" Episode Discussion

Official Description

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 21st episode of Season 9 of "Smallville". Titled "Hostage", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Friday, May 7th on The CW.

IT'S THE RETURN OF MARTHA KENT AND PERRY WHITE - Much to Clark's (Tom Welling) surprise, Martha Kent (guest star Annette O'Toole) returns to Smallville with her new boyfriend, Perry White (guest star Michael McKean) in tow. Lois (Erica Durance) and Perry realize they are both working on the same story about the Red Queen, and decide to team up, which ultimately puts them in serious danger. Chloe (Allison Mack) helps Clark search for the Book of Rao, which they believe contains information on how to stop Zod (Callum Blue) and his army. Posted on KryptonSite.

Written by Anne Cofell Saunders & Jordan Hawley
Directed by Glen Winter

Videos

Stills

I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 05-06-2010 at 09:08 AM
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hmm...disappointing lack of Chloe pics

by the way...anyone know the twitter name ED will be tweeting on Friday?
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So can't wait for this episode, so much to look forward to.

-Finding out who the red queen is (though I all ready know )
-The return of Perry White
-The return of Ma Kent
-The return of Maxwell Lord

And then the amazing Tess, Green Arrow, and possible Zod stuff!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I love it, I am staying spoiler free from Smallville, the VD, and OTH, not so much with GG cause I just want to know what's going to happen, but glad I stayed spoiler free from Smallville! yay! So excited for this episode.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wahoo the episode is on tonight and I'll be able to watch it instead of waiting until Saturday! The joy of being home. This is one episode I'm thrilled to be watching on tv.
Emma♥Neal
Old 05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this, Rach

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for starting this Rachel

I'm def. excited to see Mama K again!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it was okay.....perry white bugged me as usual
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Perry and Lois' scenes and I liked the ep as whole but I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Maybe my expectations were too high or something and I'll feel differently after re-watching the ep.
Rachel
Old 05-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

The whole episode was a HUGE disappointment. Everything about it was so bad and boring. The only scene that I liked in the entire episode was Clark telling Chloe that she was a hero and that he and the world needed her. Thanks to Tom/Allison chemistry. The all episode felt rushed and forced. It was as good as a sleeping pill.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I honestly loved it, no lie.

Clark- He was great as usual. It's hard not love Clark Kent but that's because I've been a fan of him since I was a little kid. No matter what form or who plays him Clark is always a fun character to watch.

Lois- Her scenes were fun. Loved her comment to Perry about, "You gotta give some to get some." Erica was definately the right cast choice for this particular show. And I loved her team up with Perry White. It was cool to see two monumental characters get the chance to work together.

Also loved that we got to see Lois call Perry, "Chief"!

Chloe- Not much for her as usual. Personally I feel that it's time for Chloe to go. She seems to have run her course but obviously that's not gonna happen any time soon so I might as well just deal.

Tess- The whole thing with her and being caught in that virtual world was awesome. I seriously thought it had been Zod behind it at first- like he and his minions had put some kind of wall to block her out with their abilities. Imagine my shock to find it was Maxwell Lord all this time. Incredible!

Martha Kent- It was so great to have her back! I really missed her. Her moments with Clark were great and I loved that we got to see just how much she still misses Johnathan. Hard to believe it's been 4 years since his death. It's easy to think it hasn't been that long.

And Martha Kent as the Red Queen- awesome! Clark has truly inspired people to look within and find the hero in themselves. It was great. She's doing what other mother's do and that's protect her son but in her case she did it at whatever cost.

Perry White- Has it really been 6 years since we last saw him?! How crazy is that. I loved him the first time around and I loved him the second. Near the end I was kind of hoping that he would tell Lois that he became the chief editor but that's another story I suppose.

Final Thoughts:

Though not one of my all time favorite episodes of the season it definately captured me which is why I'm putting my personal rating at a 7. For me this has been the lowest I've rated an episode this season. I normally rate them somewhere between 8-10 but oh well. They all can't be ultimate favorites so I'm okay with that.

Can't wait for the finale next week. Looks like it will be a crazy ride!
Emma♥Neal
Old 05-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
#Smallville 'Hostage' delivers 1.92 million viewers/0.8 rating
Bad episode...bad rating.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:16 AM
Elite Fan

Hm, I don't know, this episode really didn't do much for me.

I would have loved it if we had found out who the Red Queen was from the episode, not the promo, but, oh well.

Lois trying to get "them" a story was kind of weird, so I was glad when she teamed up with Perry instead. As much as I know Lois and Clark are a team, he wasn't pulling his weight in this, because he's got other things on his mind.
Did anybody else think it seemed very contrived that Lois was able to pull a man the size of Perry White onto the roof?

Other than, I liked the Tess scenes. I loved how she instantly knew that something was up when Oliver said: "I love you." Although, I would have known something was up when Oliver, who just got shot in the leg, suddenly gets up and walks around her without a limp and without panting from the pain...

The Chloe scenes were nice and her admitting that she had been shielding herself from life was good as well. Loved the little Chlollie mention

enough already.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why did Lois trying to get Lois and Clark a story seem weird to you Lynn? Btw can you get on skype?
Rachel
Old 05-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Weird is probably not the right word... I don't know how to explain it...
I thought she was too focused on getting them both their jobs back, you know what I mean? She wasn't looking out enough for herself, I thought, which was why I was glad that when Clark kept being an idiot, she teamed up with White. I didn't really like how she was trying to get "them" a story, when Clark was at home minding his own business and stuff.

enough already.
Reply   Post New Thread