Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

I guess Chloe really wants to be Clark's support system
meli5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

I really enjoyed tonight's episode! I thought Zantanna was a great character. The actress did a great job and I hope they bring her back to help out. Also, I think I'm starting to ship Chloe/Oliver. I've liked Oliver with Lois in the past, but we all know she was destined for Clark and I've liked Chloe's chemistry with Lex and Davis, but they were both obviously evil. I think Alison/Justin have alot of chemistry, but I don't know if they'd ever do something with them since she's still married to Jimmy technically...but you never know.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

God.. I have no idea if I want to watch this or not.

You can't always go by other peoples comments to decide if an episode is worth watching, but when it seems like a lot of Chloe fans are done with the show for good after it.. it sounds bad.
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Well this was fun!

1) Clark.
Great episode for Clark, and especially for Tom to have some fun with.

I like how Clark's wish came to be.
"Weird has become so normal it's not even weird anymore.
Honestly, I like what I'm doing at the Planet right now. But, I would be lying if I'd said there weren't days when I wish I could forget about saving the world and just be a normal reporter."

I'm glad his wish wasn't something that would make Clark look bad. In the past Clark sometimes saw his powers as an obstacle to his happiness, but here even though he forgot he had them thanks to the spell, that wasn't the reason why. The fact that he sometimes wishes his life was a bit more normal doesn't matter. It's what he does regardless of that fact that counts.

Tom as normal Clark!
OMB, I was dieing!! The man has a brilliant comedic timing!!
All the comedy bits were pure gold.

"Aren't you gonna do anything?"
"You're absolutely right Lois...911."

L.M.A.O.!!!!!

The whole rooftop scene!!
"I don't make the news. I just report it."
Ha ha, oh the irony.

"Just don't tell human resources."
Tee hee, just goes to show that Clark has a great sense of humour.

"I think...this doorknob needs better maintenance. Look at the rust in here. No wonder it broke right off!"
"Wow. The acoustics up here are amazing!"
"Lois! Have you completely lost your mind? That could have really hurt!"

Ha ha ha. Tom plays oblivious!Clark so perfectly! There were tears in my eyes from laughing too much.

I love how he got through to Zatanna, by shearing his own experience.

And yay for Clark being all for moving on and saying he likes his life as it is now.
"This is who I am Chloe. Every morning I wake up with a purpose. *smiles*."

One small complaint though - seriously Clark, it wouldn't have take you long if you just called Chloe to wish her happy birthday. It's a minute tops. Tsk.
But the present was cool.

And another small comment.
I was cracking up at the faces Clark was pulling when Chloe said she's jealous at Lois for living her dream life. After the "are you serious?!" face in last episode, after she suggested he quits Daily Planet, his confused expressions continued in this episode, like he's wondering what the hell is going on in her head. lol
Nice choice on how to play Clark there, Tom.

2) Clois.
Just how good were all Clois bits in this episode?

a) We finally got some confirmation on how Clark feels.

First look when he caught Lois. He had such smitten look.
"You just never looked at me like that before."

"Whether you like it or not, Lois Lane is a part of your life now. And, considering the non-stop PuppyDog eyes you give her, I'm guessing you don't mind much at all."
And Clark not denying it and considering it.

Jealousy when he heard Lois has a date.

b) New dynamic is set in place.
With Lois not showing any more romantic interest, and Clark starting to realize what could have been. All along, with their trademark snark still intact! Hell yeah! I said there was no chance Clois would turn into one of the angsty couples just because there are feelings between them now.

I love that the teasing is still present.
First Daily Planet scene when Clark thought Chloe was Lois.
"You couldn't have been deported from Mexico that quick."
"Isn't there a limit to how tight a shirt can be to meet the dress code?"

I was cracking up so much! He was having so much fun teasing Lois, and Chloe was fully confused and her face was screaming "why is Clark acting like this, it's so unlike him?!" Ha ha.

"Can this wait until after your post lunch, pre-dinner, after coffee snack break?"
LMAO!!!
This slayed me!!
Mostly because I have one of those! lol

And then last Daily Planet scene when Lois did a repeat of the squeaky chair thing Clark did in Odyssey. Is that like their "thing" now? Ha ha.

It's adorable that he not only kept, but also framed, the rules.
"Let me see it."
"Lois, I don't know what you're talking about."
"You have a terrible poker-face, Smallville. Gimme, gimme."
*Clark sighs in defeat, pulls out the framed rules.*
"Wow. Who would've known you were this sentimental? I think we should hang it up so that everyone can see it."
"This is a memento from my first day on the job. And a constant reminder that there's only one Lois Lane."
"You better believe it."

Great scene!

And aw, how jealous did he look when she told him she has a date? *pets*
Now, now, luv, you didn't really think she's wait around forever moping over you? Ha ha.
That's our girl, I don't want her to be heartbroken, I want her to move on with dignity.

"You want me to call you if something comes on the wire, see if you're available-?"
"So you can stand me up again?"
"Lois, that was a-"
"Mistake. Agreed."

And the walls are up baby! \o/
Just as predicted. Lois will shut him down romantically, and it will be Clark who will have to do the chasin' this time. *gets comfy* Well, I'm ready - bring it!

3) Lois.
Two things I really liked about Lois in this episode:
a) They showed that she's not the type to pine over anyone. We saw her smiling, laughing, having fun, getting on with her life and dedicating herself to work.
All the while, she's not ignoring Clark, or treating him like he wronged her in any way. She's treating him like she always did. It shows maturity, and I like it.

b) We were showed that she's busy working all the time. She got called on assignment. We actually got to see her on assignment for once, as short as that scene was! People commented on her latest article. We saw a lot of press passes on her table. Even for monster truck rally! lol So she wasn't there for fun earlier this season when Clark mentioned it, she was working.
It establishes nicely that while we don't have Erica in all 22 episodes, the time she's not here Lois is out there chasing stories and getting her work published. I'd prefer to see all that, but until they give us full 22 episodes to make that possible I'll settle for this.

But they were pushing it a bit too much with the Dalai Lama picture. lol Try not to overdo it guys.

4) Chloe.
Well talk about me doing a 180 about someone during the same episode.

I was extremely annoyed with Chloe at the beginning of Hex. Her pity party was obnoxious at times. Seriously, what was up with her little monologue when she was looking at Lois talking to those people at the party?! "That was supposed to be my life. Bitch, bitch, whine, whine." And Ollie looking at her like she lost it. Where did that come from and WTH, who talks like that?! I'm glad Ollie called her on it. You have nothing to complain about Chloe - not being a reporter anymore, Isis, failed marriage, all that is your own doing, and happened because you let it. You want things to change - go and fix them.

I get the wish. I saw it more as wishing to go back when things were more simpler than anything else. Like she said, "with all the ups and downs lately, it would be nice to leave it all behind and be in the bullpen again."

I loved all the parts that were played for laughs.
Like Chloe trying to wear her own clothes even though it's too small now.
Chloe's "why are you so mean to me?" face when Clark showed up and started being his usual snarky self around Lois. Ha ha.
"Oh really" expression and pose when Clark mentioned Jimmy and talk him and Lois had about Chloe/Jimmy break up. Mwah, I loved Erica's face, and "I mean business" hand on the table pose - that was so Allison.
Confusion when the cop gave her Lois' poker winnings.
The whole:
"It's okay. I'm Chloe. Stood her up at formal Chloe. Planted one on you because Zod was ending the world Chloe. Krypton, Jor-El, Fortress, Brainiac Chloe."
"Chloe."
"Bingo. And just like that wardrobe malfunction over there, some magician showed up at my birthday party in fishnets and hexed me. But you'd know about it if you hadn't skipped it to answer voicemails from Lois. Not that I'm dwelling."

Ha ha. Loved how Erica delivered that!

The rooftop scene was too hilarious!!

I'm not surprised that what broke the spell was Chloe trying to get Clark to do his thing, and basically playing his sidekick. Ever since she learned his secret that was something she enjoyed the most, so even without her consciously knowing it at the time, it makes sense that was what did the trick.
I'm glad she finally *realized* it.
Some of us have been saying it for years. That she's not into reporting anymore, and enjoys being a superhero sidekick more. Here Chloe finally figured it out, and it seems like she found her focus again. She seemed happy and excited again in that last scene.
That last Watchtower scene rocked! I didn't expect it, so I did an excited "squee" and clapped when it happened. lol
It feels right for the character. The foundation can be found in previous seasons - she already did it in Justice, she always enjoyed helping Clark, and Ollie on occasions, plus she loves working on computers.
It's good they finally found a storyline that suits her.
"Watchtower is officially online."
*thumbs up*

My only concern is how this will fit into the show. While I love it, it's not something that can be part of the storyline in every episode. Just like JLA, it's cool, but the show is not about that, it's about Clark. And Clark doesn't need constant back up or sidekicks, he works on his own. So I don't want to see a repeat of previous seasons, where they had Clark run to Chloe to research something for him, when he could have done it himself, just because they needed something for her to do.
So hopefully they'll find a balance, and won't frell it up.

What I also loved is the return of Clark/Chloe friendship.
They actually had a conversation that had nothing to do with solving some crisis, or dealing with superhero problems, or Chloe telling Clark what to do.
They had coffee, talked about their problems, and chatted like friends while giving each other friendly advice.
Wouldn't mind seeing more Clark/Chloe scenes like that, and less *points few lines up*.
And I'll toast with them on leaving the past behind and moving on!

5) Oliver.
Two things I especially liked:
- He seems to be feeling guilty about killing Lex. AND YOU DAMN WELL SHOULD BE, OLLIE!
- He still knows better and didn't want to push his luck with magic by making a wish. Wise choice.

I enjoyed his scenes with Zatanna. They had good chemistry and a nice vibe going on.
Also, I cracked up when he asked if her card means she'll just "poof" and appear when he calls her name, and she told him it's her phone number, and he's all "ooh". LMAO Aren't you suppose to be smooth with women, Ollie? *g* Though can't blame him for getting distracted, she was amazing.

6) Zatanna.
Hot, fun, good with magic. Smart enough to figure out Ollie is Green Arrow. Rocking that short skirt in the scene at Ollie's office, and has a fantastic costume. Knows how to get what she wants. Has a good reason behind her actions, yet still does the right thing in the end. Not above apologizing. All that, and she managed to get Ollie in bondage. Rock on girl! I'm glad you left your card, I'd be thrilled to see you again!
Please be coming back Miss Swan.

7) The rest:
I think Erica did a great job playing Chloe. I was cracking up over how she got some expressions spot on. Like the wide eyed look, raised eyebrows, nervously looking left-right, lip bite, and so on. Also, the walk was great, I especially noticed it when Chloe walked away from Clark towards the story/latin speaking guy.

Erica and Tom made this episode. They were fantastic! It's too much fun to see them interact on screen. 12-13 episodes per season really isn't enough.

This episode was hilarious!! Bryan Q. Miller, sir, I'm extremely happy you came on board this year! Here's hoping you'll get even more episodes to write in season 9.

"One year closer to the sweet release of death!"
It's a good thing my sister doesn't watch Smallville, she'd so use that one for my next birthday! She already comes up with something similar every year. LOL Loved that!

Bunny slippers are a family thing! Both Lois and Chloe have them. lol

Superman curl! Twice! Once when he caught Lois, and second time on the roof when he was talking to Zatanna. Neat.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by +supernova+ (View Post)
I really enjoyed tonight's episode! I thought Zantanna was a great character. The actress did a great job and I hope they bring her back to help out. Also, I think I'm starting to ship Chloe/Oliver. I've liked Oliver with Lois in the past, but we all know she was destined for Clark and I've liked Chloe's chemistry with Lex and Davis, but they were both obviously evil. I think Alison/Justin have alot of chemistry, but I don't know if they'd ever do something with them since she's still married to Jimmy technically...but you never know.
Ditto on that Susan....I have to say I will ship with you, because OMG Alison/Justin do have tons of chemistry that flys through the screen I saw it first when they did the last episode with Lana. But Chloe as a part of the Justice League, was a great thing for her I think....After everything that happened and I think they are leaning towards Oliver/Chloe just the way the episodes been with them together....or it just the amazing acting on both! But this episode I have to say was a lot better, I LIKED the wishes and Chloe being Lois that was great!
my lj site http://vamplover85.livejournal.com/
my art site Forever Dreaming
*BonesGirl85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was extremely annoyed with Chloe at the beginning of Hex. Her pity party was obnoxious at times. Seriously, what was up with her little monologue when she was looking at Lois talking to those people at the party?!
It was a brief moment telling a friend how she felt. It was very similiar to the Ollie Lois talk in Bride. But of course Chloe isn't allowed to react without someone (Ollie) being unsympathetic.
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

^It wasn't exactly the same as the Ollie/Lois talk in Bride. Lois wasn't indulging in a pity party and she was actually telling Oliver that he should just go inside and join the party. Ollie chose to sit down and talk to Lois about it. Chloe just chose to go ahead and complain about her current situation to Oliver. Not the same IMO.

Cris, once again great review. I agree so much with what you said. I'll post my thoughts on the episode later.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kinda the same...being alone with a bottle of alcohol is a pity party

Chloe was alone but wasn't destroying the mood of the party...Ollie came to her and she decided to talk to him.
Ollie came off very bad for not even attempting sympathy
in fact he's come off bad this whole season
Old 03-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

All right, fine she was having a pity party, but the point is that she wasn't forcing her pity party on anyone else. Ollie asked her if she wanted to talk and kind of prodded her until she did. Chloe complained to Oliver whether he wanted to hear it or not.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
It was a brief moment telling a friend how she felt. It was very similiar to the Ollie Lois talk in Bride. But of course Chloe isn't allowed to react without someone (Ollie) being unsympathetic.
It's not similar.
One is reaction to something that just happened, the other is "oh, poor me" rant.

Lois was down over something that just happened and she had no control over, so she wanted to be alone for a bit. Ollie joined her and kept her company, and then got her to talk about how she feels. She didn't express jealousy or any other kind of negative emotions towards anyone else.

Chloe had a pity party of epic proportions where she's jealous of Lois, and partly Clark too, for living the life she once wanted.
She complains about not working at the Daily Planet (not like she tried to do her job when she was employed there, or tried to get a job at some other papers after being fired, or tried to get rehired now that Lex is gone), about Isis (where she chose to work, but now complains about kids "who will probably wake up to be psycho killers" - nice counselor moment there) and about her non-existant happily ever after with Jimmy (if she actually tried to listened to her husband, and not side with a guy she barely knows, maybe her marriage would have worked out).
*All* of those things being the way they are right now is something she could have changed if she tried. But she didn't. I guess it's easier to feel sorry for herself.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

she was lamenting on what a topsy turvy year had really...she listed specific examples of the year she had
which included three months kidnapped and having Braniac in her
also the wedding from hell. Ollie knows all this and just acted insensitively

and just cause she caused those things doesn't mean she can't feel bad...so what are we never allowed to express our feelings or lament on what went wrong in ones life?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Cris Your reviews are EPIC. And I agree with alot of the points you made.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

As a big Chloe Sullivan fan, I'm not disappointed with "Hex" at all. Infact, I enjoyed it. I've embraced the character's direction, and I think AM is doing a great job (in S8), and I look forward to hopefully a lot of WatchTower moments working alongside Oliver, JL and Clark.

I think TW did an excellent job directing and acting in this episode

We had several awesome scenes, some humor, but also the overall storyline character development for several of the cast moved forward.

The changing in the phone booth was an iconic moment on SV.

Glad that the door is left wide open for Zatanna to return, b/c the guest star actress did an amazing job, plus she looked "very nice" (let's just leave it at that)

I thought Erica's Chloe was very believable, and I also loved Allison Mack's scenes, esp. the one that got her to change back, and got Clark to "change back" as well. Very superman like moment

Overall, I'd rate 'Hex' with 4 out of 5, and say it's one of my favorite episodes of the season.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
...right...that still makes little sense to me
You need to re-watch the episode then and pay attention to how one can "take the spell off". It made perfect sense.

Kush, although you don't prefer it, you have to agree that the creative team at least gave Chloe a more established thing to do that fits better with where the show is headed.

She was never going to go back to journalism. The creative team closed that door last season.

So, remain at Isis Foundation (where she doesn't have a clearly defined role), or become WatchTower (,and part of Oliver's team).

She can still be Clark's best friend (and probably will be no matter what she does), and she can still help meteor victims on the side.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
God.. I have no idea if I want to watch this or not.

You can't always go by other peoples comments to decide if an episode is worth watching, but when it seems like a lot of Chloe fans are done with the show for good after it.. it sounds bad.
Reading fan reviews is a bad way to decide if you should watch something or not. Speaking from personal experience here, but you owe it to yourself to at decide wheather to watch it or not. It also helps to watch an episode without thinking you are going to hate it. Just a thought.

Reply   Post New Thread