Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

- I no like that black dog. Get it off my tv set. It's mean. Awww... it hurt the man. That's not nice. The other doggie is cute though.

- God Lois, learn how to freakin drive! "Everyone I've ever hit was alright." Geez, a person should not be able to make that statement.

- I think I'm going to end up in giggles everytime I see that dog. He's cute.

- "With your car?" Clark your a loser, shut up. I'm agreeing with Lois's smartass remark here. Also, don't state your doing chores at 3 in the morning when Lois is still within hearing range.

- You know, if Chloe's so broke how can she afford a car?

- Lois took over his bedroom. *snerk* And Chloe drops another hint. *sigh*

- Holy... he moved the tractor. And Chloe helped cover. Hee. And Clark's so dumb it doesn't even register in his brain.

- Skippy. God Clark, you are a loser. Clarkie? Hee. And he covered his face. Aww.

- *dies* Have to say, I liked the Clois interaction here. It's cute. I'm starting to like them more an more.

- Luthorcorp. Surprise, surprise.

- No wonder that dog is so mean. Stupid jerk boy.

- So Jason did take the job. Hmm. Ugh. I don't like Mama Teague. She's an evil crazy. "Maybe you should get together with my father and write a parenting book, I bet it'd be a best seller." Heh. Lex, you rock. "It's a shame he won't be able to help you find what your looking for." God, can someone slap her already?

- *dies* "Remember when Clark did that, he was only three." "Hey that's my T-bone." I think that might have been the best cutesy scene in the episode.

- "Grab a stick Clark." Nice to know the Clex still does exist.

- Nooo... it's the mean dog again. Though he kicked Jonathan's ass. Bite through his bone? Ouch. Kill the doggies? Geez Jonathan, you suck.

- Teague exchange. Interesting. Though mama an idiot. Ya'll ain't her ansestors. Though great acting by JA and JS. Lana, you freakin spy you!

- Now Lois drives like an old lady, goes from one extreme to the other.

- Figues Clark would get himself trapped. And now he's in a cage? Oh this is too much. But Clarkie will save him! This is so corny... but cute. Which is wrong really.

- God those kids, or the one mainly, is warped. They wanted to fry Clark and dog. Aw, the good doggie saved the bad doggie and then Clark had to save the good doggie, and now we need to be saved after seeing that horrible cgi effect there and Clark's unburnness.

- Clark's got a new best, so there Lex. :tongue:

- WTF Lana? You had Chloe search you boyfriend's background. You imply that you love him and you can't speak to him yourself. *slaps* Though Chloe's dirt was interesting nonetheless.

- Woo! The MB! And he's totally still evil man. This plot's getting a little insane, mainly cause they drug it out for so long, but with all the awesome actors involved in it, JG, JA, MR, JS... it might actually be worthwhile. And Jason totally had the "deer caught in headlights" look when Lionel mentioned Isobel.

- More fun Clois interaction and more fun Clark/doggie interaction. Shelby? Kinda lame but whatever. Like that song that playing.

Overall, a decent episode. Kinda seemed a bit like a filler to me, which they really shouldn't do in sweeps but okay, at least the whole Lana/Jason/Lex/etc plot was pushed further along.

Next week:
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Not about the episode itself but somewhat good rating news. From Mediaweek:

-Ratings Breakdown:
Led by American Idol, Fox remains the network to beat in midweek, while ABC continues to benefit thanks to Lost and despite a series-low performance for Wife Swap. Lost opened the evening with a typically dominant 12.5/19 in the overnights, with 17.99 million viewers and a 6.7/18 among adults 18-49 based on the fast affiliate ratings. Tied for No. 2 in the 8 p.m. hour were CBS’ 60 Minutes (Overnights: #2, 6.4/ 9; Viewers: #3, 8.81 million; A18-49: #4, 1.9/ 6) and Fox duo That ‘70s Show (Overnights: #2t, 6.2/ 9; Viewers: #3, 8.66 million; A18-49: #2, 4.1/11) and The Simple Life 3: Interns (Overnights: #3, 6.0/ 9; Viewers: #2, 8.96 million; A18-49: #2, 4.0/10). Rounding off the hour were a repeat of NBC’s Medium (Overnights: #4, 5.6/ 8; Viewers: #4, 6.44 million; A18-49: #3, 2.2/ 6), the WB’s Smallville (Overnights: #5, 4.2/ 6; Viewers: #5, 5.11 million; A18-49: #5, 2.4/ 6) , and The Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott, featuring Madonna last night, on UPN (Overnights: #6, 2.4/ 4; Viewers: #6, 3.00 million; A18-49: #6, 1.4/ 4).

Considering it's just the overnights maybe the final numbers will be around 5.3 millions.

Now, I like Lois a lot and all but why people seem more interested in Krypto than in other episodes like Pariah is beyond me.

Icon by onebrightmoment
kutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Loyal Fan

When I saw the promos for this episode I couldn't stop laughing but once I saw it...I guess it wasn't so bad. The dog was SO cute!!! I loved him when he covered his face with his paw... Clark looked like a little kid. Clark and Lex scene yay! but way too much tension there. I loved Chloe letting Clark know she is there for him and helping him cover up. Lois bugged the crap out of me!!! I know a lot of ppl love her but I just find her pointless, the banter between her and Clark was funny but she was still annoying. Next week Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?!? I thought Lana's relatives were french, now they are chinese? I mean I always thought she might be asian (looks and surname, which is not really since she is not a Lang, but a Smalls, right?) but then they started the whole french witch storyline...I'm so confused
Old 02-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not keen on the name Shelby. I liked Krypto!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl

Remember what I said about Lois not being annoying? That went out the window when she went scoobying with Clark. Sigh, this "find the dog" scene? Should absolutely have been Chloe. Not to mention that you won't let Clark zip out on Lois? Nooooooooo she gets to come for the whole investigation. Sigh, stupid PTB. Please let Chloe do what she does! I almost liked your Lois. You could have had me!

Lois and Clark are not only future journalists of the Daily Planet, they are going to be working together A LOT, and working on investigations and stories together, when both are older. So, it makes sense that they are doing a "Scooby" investigation in this episode. While neither one are actual journalists right now, that whole scene was to show that both do have some natural journalistic talents, and both do work really well, together. It was an obvious forshadowing scene.

One of the main reasons why Chloe is in the show, is to spark Clark's interest in journalism. I think we've seen evidence of that, already. At the same time, Chloe doesn't need to be there 24/7, for Clark or Lois to figure things out on their own. I think both are quite capable of handling investigations on their own, without Chloe having to do things for them.

TPTB are just showing that journalism isn't something that's going to come out of the blue, where Lois and Clark are concerned. They are just making it realistic to why both eventually use journalism as a career move, when both are older.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

"Holy... he moved the tractor. And Chloe helped cover. Hee. And Clark's so dumb it doesn't even register in his brain."...endquote

Um, Clark did know the dog moved the tractor. He was just caught off guard by it, and tried to find a way to cover it up. That's another scene that just shows that Clark is not comfortable being put in a position where he has to lie. That's realistic, since he's not a manipulator, and is not even comfortable when he's put in a position where he has to lie. Superman is not a liar or a manipulator, so it makes sense.

It doesn't make him dumb, anyways. And BTW, he's not dumb, either. If he was so dumb, than we wouldn't have had episodes like Transference, where Clark turned the tables on the MB and completely outsmarted him, which explains Clark getting his body back. And, we wouldn't have had episodes like Bound, where Clark pratically did an investigation on his own, to help out Lex with a situation. And, he wouldn't have the ability to use leads to solve a mystery, which is something that's required of any compitent investigative journalist, something Clark's going to be doing as a profession when he's older.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
. The Chloe/Clark scene was excellent...I can't wait for more moments where Chloe defends Clark or just helps him get out of things.

Alex

Alex,

I think that's going to come up. Millar did say that Chloe is going to have a completely different perspective than Lois this year, and her knowing the secret has everything to do with it. Remember, Chloe and Pete both used to think that Clark was really weird, and even make fun of him and his dorkiness, at times. But now that both know the secret, both don't think that way anymore, because both understand him now, and completely understand where he's coming from.

Remember, Lois is not suppose to know about Clark, yet. Its far too soon for that.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Supreme Fan

My love for dogs made this episode bother me. Anyway, the dog is so adorable! omg, Erica said 'Rocky'! That's one of my dog's names Shelby..

Clois - Very enjoyable scenes. The Clarky scenes were wonderful. It's fun watching them together, but she's replacing Chloe. And I hate that.

The Teagues and Lana - Um, at least they're going somewhere. Next week looks.. different.

This episode should of been a lot better. Even though some of the scenes were very cute, the main story was terrible. When Clark threw the two boys, they freaking bounced off the house. At least there is more action next week.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."

Last edited by xextremex; 02-17-2005 at 07:39 PM
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Krypto was somewhat enjoyable for me...

Lex/Mama Teague/Jason: Wow, couldn't care less. Just do something already. Enough talking. The whole "Mrs. Robinson" thing she's got towards Lex is just plain icky. Please stop.

Clark/Shelby: So. cute. Could Tom Welling BE any more adorable? His interactions w/ the dog were great. Props to the dog trainer(s) for doing such a great job! How could you not melt when seeing Clark smiling while playing with the dog?

Clark/Chloe: Aww. Gah, I love them so much! So touching when she said "I'm always around." But dude, why does she still have the VW Beetle when she probably can't afford it? I LOVED her trying to cover for Clark and Lois was just looking at the two of them like they were crazy! And why wasn't Clark more surprised that Chloe was so quick to cover for him? Man he can be dense. Just ask her what she knows already!! Though those scenes were great... not nearly enough!

Chloe/Lana: Bout time we get the two of them showing that they're "friends." But again, it's Chloe doing something for Lana. Have we ever seen Lana just *be* a friend to Chloe? *thinks* Oh, yeah there was that time in Rogue, but that was waaaay back in season 1. Any other times? What about that time when... nope. Then there's when she... nope. Whatever. It's always all.about.Lana.

Clark/Lois: Hmm, is it just me, or does it seem like their scenes are kinda forced? Like Tom is doing all of the work and ED is just... there. I'm not seeing any type of romantic/flirty chemistry at all. I'm getting a sorta brother/sister vibe there. Which is very wrong. Her comments were mean, there's a fine line between sarcastic/snarky and rude... she crossed that line several times. Ha! They're keeping the dog too! Take that Lois! Maybe she'll go into anaphylactic shock. Oooh, that was mean. Ah, well.

Lois: Where to start? Shut up already. You're a guest in the Kents' house, act like it. Be respectful. First you guilt Clark in to asking you to stay, and then don't even thank him. Did you ever consider asking Jonathan and Martha? Seeing as how it IS their house and they pay the bills. Get a job and get an apartment of your own, or pay the Kents' rent and help them out around the house. Act like the adult that you are. TPTB have seriously screwed up a great character. Just make her go away already or start writing her INTELLIGENTLY.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Supreme Fan

I was wondering why they named the boy dog Shelly. Erica even named all boy dog names, yet they use Shelly? No Krypto
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
Old 02-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was actually Shelby, and since the dog wasn't the "real" Krypto, they weren't allowed to use the name.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Servant
Um, Clark did know the dog moved the tractor. He was just caught off guard by it, and tried to find a way to cover it up. That's another scene that just shows that Clark is not comfortable being put in a position where he has to lie. That's realistic, since he's not a manipulator, and is not even comfortable when he's put in a position where he has to lie. Superman is not a liar or a manipulator, so it makes sense.

It doesn't make him dumb, anyways. And BTW, he's not dumb, either...
Wow. Some people take this show too seriously. And I was referring to the fact that Chloe is making it horribly obvious, especially last week, that she knows something. (Cause I doubt she thought the dog actually moved that, she probably frigured Clark did for some reason.) I mean seriously, if she didn't know something... do you think she would have actually said the brake probably slipped... she would have kept right on questioning the weirdness with Lois. Chloe always questions everything involving Clark, and now that she hasn't been, they really should make it look like he notices something's different, since you know there friends and all.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria
Wow. Some people take this show too seriously. And I was referring to the fact that Chloe is making it horribly obvious, especially last week, that she knows something. (Cause I doubt she thought the dog actually moved that, she probably frigured Clark did for some reason.) I mean seriously, if she didn't know something... do you think she would have actually said the brake probably slipped... she would have kept right on questioning the weirdness with Lois. Chloe always questions everything involving Clark, and now that she hasn't been, they really should make it look like he notices something's different, since you know there friends and all.
ITA w. you. I screamed at the TV, I was like ... "do you want him to know that you know!" and then I had a "Friends" flashback.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLSTAR
"do you want him to know that you know!" and then I had a "Friends" flashback.
Right, b/c we all " know " that ,they " know " that we" know "...but does he "know"?

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulDisaster
It was actually Shelby, and since the dog wasn't the "real" Krypto, they weren't allowed to use the name.
Yea.. just confused. I hope they show him a few times next week.
Reply   Post New Thread