Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Kush I work as a water lab tech in a water treatment plant. It's mostly a desk job, logging data, monitoring water storage tanks, psi, doing lab tests and quality control of drinking water, etc. Boring job. But it's government work, so it's decent pay, and excellent benefits. I work on the side as a personal fitness trainer and work with high school athletes 2 days per week (side seasonal job). Those are my 2 jobs.

Szilvia...turns out I'm only working the 5 days this week. Next week I've got a 3 day seminar thing for work, and 4 days of regular office work after that, so next week is the busy week for me

Sarah...I strongly, strongly recommend when you do start to watch "The Sarah Connors Chronicles"...that you re-watch the 1st and 2nd Terminator Films. It's very important. The TV show takes place sometime after the 2nd movie.

Louise...That is a show I haven't heart mentioned in a while. Watching anything new this season?

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i see
Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex I plan to re-watch the first one because I don't remember much from it. I remember almost every scene from the 2nd one because I've seen it many many times
Old 09-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Total Fan

Alex, Yes, I'm. I finally catch up with all the episodes of "Samantha Who"?" and "Eli Stone". I loved both, but "Eli Stone" is definly my favorite of the two.

The musical numbers and the visions a la Ally McBeal totally hook me up. Plus, George Michael appareances are always a plus. LOL.

Livejournal
Old 09-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex, next week does sound busy for you.
Is the seminar taking place at your workplace or somewhere else?

Sarah, the Heroes preview looks so dark & scary.

Louise and Kush

icon: Spike it up
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Szilvia It does. Sound be a good season
Old 09-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Sarah, yes both Terminator movies are heavily referrenced in the TV show BTW...there are some bad rumors going around the net, that FOX may cancel the show midway through S2 due to 'lackluster' ratings. I guess now would be a good time to say that I hate FRAKING FOX. I do. Truly. It's b/c of them I will never watch House, 24, Bones, or any other of their show that actually maybe a good quality show. Why reward this sorry a** network by watching their shows when they keep cancelling all of the "new" shows that maybe aren't doing so great in the ratings. What do they expect from the ratings? They throw the show on Monday, against Monday Night Football, you aren't going to win that battle. Anyways...I'm ranting now and I shouldn't.

Szilvia...no, the work seminar is 30 miles south of town. I've gotta meet a group of other employees at 7am mon-wed and ride together with them to where it is, but I'm getting paid for it. It's not all bad.

Louise...I've been watching The Adventures of Lois and Clark S3 on DVD. Haven't seen that since 95 on TV...so it's like a new show to me! Kind of fun

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hate FOX too but I'm guilty of watching their shows Not my fault that I've loved PB since the beginning. And both 24 and House looks good

I hate FOX for what they did to Firefly
Old 09-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

I guess how much is it worth to you to make a statement, but you also don't live in the US, so it doesn't matter. I think people who live here, it's much more important to boycott a network's shows if you want your voice to be heard. I made a personal choice years ago when FOX cancelled my beloved Dark Angel in the 11th hour. I broke it for Drive...that only lasted 4-5 episodes before it got the axe! I broke it again for Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles, and I've got a bad feeling again!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope it doesn't get cancelled

I'm having fun following you around on the BSG board
Old 09-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

You are impossible to keep up with

Old 09-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww Happens when I'm bored at work and nobody is barely around where I post
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
Szilvia...no, the work seminar is 30 miles south of town. I've gotta meet a group of other employees at 7am mon-wed and ride together with them to where it is, but I'm getting paid for it. It's not all bad.
That does sound like it could be fun. Change of scenery for work is always nice.

Oh, okay, now I know why you don't watch 24, House, Bones, etc.

Sarah and everyone else!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Szilvia
Old 09-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread