Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

New season is on tonight for Burden of Truth!
Old 01-09-2020, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
It's nice. I have mine since 2004. You can write longer entries – share more private ones just with friends or make them all private if it's just something you want to write up for yourself... also there are friending meme so you can get to know new people... anyway, personally I enjoy it. Many good memories.
Okay. I have joined it.

https://tomsenough.livejournal.com/
Old 01-09-2020, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

a fine mess – That's excellent. I'm so looking forward to it. Hoping for a lot of Joanna (Kristin) & Luna (Star) interaction.

TomsEnough – Cool. I added you.

Well, I shouldn't because what if I screw it up but I really want to try my hand on writing some fanfic again. Oh my... idek.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-09-2020, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nina, I'll reply to your Lex/Lana post from last page later when I have time to.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

No worries, Tia. I know I wrote a lot. And everyone's busy. Looking forward to your reply whenever you find the time!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-09-2020, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh, I'm so relieved. I find it hard these days to get good fandom discussion started.

As for Lex and Lana – I think what I enjoyed was primarily the unconventional friendship they had. Yes, I guess in the beginning Lex may have wanted to do Clark a solid but I think he quickly saw Lana's potential and was fascinated by her intelligence, ambition and passion (e.g. reviving the Talon). I guess I say unconventional because really, somebody in Lex's position wouldn't have gone to the trouble to get into business with Lana but I always felt his interest was very sincere and there wasn't anything inappropriate about it while Lana was underage. Because that would have totally bothered me. I also must say I wasn't opposed to his feelings changing when she finally was of age... and like you said the end of season 5 and beginning of season 6 were really great for them and I would have really wished that they would have continued with that – Lex trusting Lana more with all his projects etc. ... and maybe them both getting a bit more "grey area" in the process – her more 'evil', him less 'evil'... maybe teaming up against Lionel... something of the sort... so many freaking possibilities.

I was particularly mad about that because (a) Lois was already on the scene and it was time for it to go in that direction and (b) crikey, could anybody in their right mind understand why Lana would run back to Clark after she found out his secret because I couldn't?! I mean it's not like he suddenly trusted her, he trusted Chloe but not her. If I had been her that would have re-ignited my anger about the whole thing. I mean at least Lex trusted her to some degree with things. What also annoyed me particularly then in season 7 but already in season 6 was Clark going on and on about how Lana couldn't possibly love Lex and I think the writers quickly stopped writing any lines of protest for Lana to reply with. That bugged me so much. Because she clearly loved him. They didn't rectify that until season 7 after the Bizarro episodes when Clark accuses her "You are the one who fell in love with Lex." and Lana doesn't deny it.

And yes the second half of season 6 is absolutely terrible – there is obviously no excuse even if you don't look at it from a detached perspective as in "oh I guess somebody in the writers' room put in the pregnancy thing and then they didn't know what to do with it anymore and it was a rubbish idea so that happened..." but yeah it was a dumpsterfire I'm really mad at. Because in a way it was also stupid? Like just to play devil's advocate here – if Lex was this evil and insecure bloke who needed something to make Lana stay with him and he already had her with his doctor and in one episode he was sedating her etc. why just give her hormone pills which will result in a miscarriage? I mean Lex has scientists who are cloning people apparently... so we are supposed to believe he cannot get this doctor have Lana impregnated for real if we are throwing all ethics overboard anyway?

I mean I'm not saying that's anything I would have wanted to have seen but it struck me as so poorly and stupidly written.
Well it's good to have a good discussion because it truly shows the passionate of the topci at hand which is what I truly appreciate! So thanks for the discussion.

Their friendship was special and even from that first meeting you could see that underline attraction although Lex couldn't show it much since Lana was underage. lol Even when he was mentioning how she was all grown up, you saw that glint of attraction to how she grew up. I loved that Lex and Lana established a friendship outside of Clark pretty early on and it was because he did see her potential and of course he was there for her at times when Clark was like on her birthday, he made sure to attend. So right from the beginning he was there for her... my favorite moment of their friendship was definitely when he taught her how to fight after she was almost violated by those men and Clark had to save her yet again.

I think Lex ALWAYS had feelings for Lana but couldn't show it... like when Lana was coming on to him in that Nicodemus episode, he was so attracted by had to resist because of her age... in season 4 of course when we got the dual Lex... so it's always been there but Lex always had to hide it. Season 5 was the first time he ever could truly act on everything he was feeling which is why in the "Lexmas" episode he told Lana that he always loved her... because that was technically true.

Second half of season 6 it felt like new writers came in and say we have to end this Lex/Lana stuff. because the writing changed so quickly after we saw them be honest with one another and love one another and have that mature love.

Season 7 was just a disappointment. And I just don't get it especially since Clark/Lana weren't written great that season. lol Lana knew everything about Clark and she begin lying to him...their relationship would always be filled with lies regardless of the situation...her obsession with Lex was more powerful than the love she felt for Clark that season and I had felt the writers tried to recreate something that wasn't there. Both Clark and Lana outgrew each other so when they got back together in season 7 it just felt so odd and off.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
TomsEnough – Cool. I added you.
I have added you too!
Old 01-12-2020, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I could see the feelings from the beginning now rewatching it. Not sure if it is because I know what happens for them and trying to see it.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Al & Miles hinted their relationship in the second episode!
Old 01-12-2020, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just watched Nicodemus, and yeah Lex definitely liked it for a minute before realizing it isn't right.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I think he was also concerned about Lana being infected & about to die there.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
^ I think he was also concerned about Lana being infected & about to die there.

Nah, he was turned on by her but of course she's underage so he tried to resist it.
No way was he thinking about her death. I don't think he knew she was affected there. lol I just think he assumed she had a new attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a fine mess (View Post)
I could see the feelings from the beginning now rewatching it. Not sure if it is because I know what happens for them and trying to see it.

Probably because you know. lol But it's obviously always been there... especially Lex and since Kristin mentioned how it was suppose to be written that way in the beginning, I guess that MR was playing it that way.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Lex knew that Lana was affected either.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I guess I saw it differently.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by a fine mess (View Post)
I don't think Lex knew that Lana was affected either.
I don't even need to rewatch it to know that. lol Even when I didn't see the romantic vibes, I definitely saw it there. lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread