Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2020, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Frenemies [Tess & Ollie] #06: B/c she was much more than his first save.

6th Official
Tess/Oliver Appreciation thread!

Shipper List
eiluvial (Emily)
antisocial
elena1
wingster
CappieTauLove
Undeniable
lexi1793
CrazyCarrie06
*~maggie~*
OhSoDivine
Tess&OliverRule
jette_
dwoods87
Cabo
*OldHollywoodStarlet*
Paradise
eternalfate

Future Titles
- B/c "….they look like tights!"
B/c finding out his secret identity changed everything for her.
B/c the friendship with Oliver is what she valued.
B/c she never truly fell out of love with him.
B/c they had so much sexual tension.
B/c due to her experiences with him, it helped her become a stronger person.

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
So next Friday, we could watch Committed and Bulletproof and then we'd have the summoning episodes together!

I WILL watch it... I just can't watch the ending scene. lol So I'll watch the whole episode except for that ending. lol
Do you want to watch Bulletproof in the Tess/Oliver thread or just the Tess thread? Or the Tess/Lana thread? lol
Old 07-24-2020, 07:34 PM
Loyal Fan

LOL, so many threads! I was still on the last thread and I was like, "Where did she go?" But yay for a new Clois and a new Tollie thread. Go us! Ummmmmm, well, let's watch Committed in the Clois thread, and Bulletproof in the...shoot, I liked the whole summoning Oliver theme but I also understand the desire to give some other threads some love.

Hmmmm, well I'll probably want to still venture over here but I think bringing a little attention to Lana and Tess's scenes would be awesome too. We can multi-task, we're fast! LOL. Does that work for you?

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Haha! Yes we did awesome tonight!
I only asked what thread for the "Bulletproof" episode since I forgot a lot of the Tess and Oliver related stuff in it, I only remember the Lana and Tess scenes and when she confronted Lex on that camera.

Well I am awesome at multitasking. lol This can be the main thread for the Bulletproof watch but I can post on the Lana/Tess thread in small doses.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

I love that Oliver (to me) was the reason why Tess became a better person. I think when she found out he was Green Arrow, it changed everything for her.

I agree. I think that it shocked her so much when he was so disappointed in her that on an internal level, she chose to really transform who she was from the inside out, and really work to gain back his trust and everyone else's trust. I think one of the greatest shows of love you can give someone is to work to support them and support everyone they love, but not push yourself on them, to let them go, even if you love them. And her love for him in season 10 really was amazing. I don't think she fully understood that the reason Oliver was so angry with her was because he did love her, because he trusted her and expected more out of her than anyone else, I think she kinda...missed that, and I think Oliver was so angry with himself for how he'd walked away from her that once you've done something like that when you know you shouldn't have, you kinda can't face it, so the only thing you can do is dig you heels in and insist you were right, which is why he was such a dick to her at the beginning of season 10. It was almost like, "Please, please be a horrible person so I won't have to face how wrong I was to have hurt you so badly and to have behaved exactly how a hero should never behave." So they get so upset with how they behave towards each other that they have to heal from the wounds they inflict upon themselves too. It's a very awesome relationship. But I loved how well it was healing by the end of season 10.

Quote:
^ Haha! Yes we did awesome tonight!
I only asked what thread for the "Bulletproof" episode since I forgot a lot of the Tess and Oliver related stuff in it, I only remember the Lana and Tess scenes and when she confronted Lex on that camera.

Well I am awesome at multitasking. lol This can be the main thread for the Bulletproof watch but I can post on the Lana/Tess thread in small doses.

Ooooh that sounds perfect! Yay!

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Last edited by eternalfate; 07-24-2020 at 08:03 PM
Old 07-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I love that scene of them fighting with the sticks because I really still saw so much pain under there for Tess... and she got to lash out at Oliver there.

I loved that she got to release some of that raw anger out of Oliver, and that he let her. I mean that's love. Sure, go ahead, kill me with a stick that has no marshmallow on the end, go for it. I mean who else but Oliver would go for that? (Usually those staffs have big marshmallow pads on the ends to protect you because those things are fierce, they can kill you. It took Justin and Cassidy eight hours to shoot that 2 minute scene because those things are so dangerous lol) So, points to Oliver for being so game to go ahead and fight with her. Any time you've got a very angry ex-girlfriend who's now in charge of the Luthor dynasty and you still ask her out to dinner, that's called guts.

Quote:
And I think he felt her pain there but he also was so attracted to her which is why they had to get some of that out of their system. lol
Quote:
That would've been awesome to see a love scene between them there!
Seriously! An extension of the kiss, removal of shirts, something, come on. They're such beautiful people, quit being so stingy with the love scenes lol.

Quote:
We got less with Tess/Oliver but as you mentioned we got IMPORTANT scenes! I felt the writers really could've really jumpstarted Tess/Oliver again in season 10 with how they were written that season...
Yessssssss, less scenes but IMPORTANT scenes, that's the word! Thank you! And seriously, I think season 10 got more fan fiction written about them than any other season because no one could buy that they were together all the time and not having sex. If nothing else, you're in a big empty, sound proof room, for god's sakes, I'm not buying the "platonic relationship".

Old 07-24-2020, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
I agree. I think that it shocked her so much when he was so disappointed in her that on an internal level, she chose to really transform who she was from the inside out, and really work to gain back his trust and everyone else's trust. I think one of the greatest shows of love you can give someone is to work to support them and support everyone they love, but not push yourself on them, to let them go, even if you love them. And her love for him in season 10 really was amazing. I don't think she fully understood that the reason Oliver was so angry with her was because he did love her, because he trusted her and expected more out of her than anyone else, I think she kinda...missed that, and I think Oliver was so angry with himself for how he'd walked away from her that once you've done something like that when you know you shouldn't have, you kinda can't face it, so the only thing you can do is dig you heels in and insist you were right, which is why he was such a dick to her at the beginning of season 10. It was almost like, "Please, please be a horrible person so I won't have to face how wrong I was to have hurt you so badly and to have behaved exactly how a hero should never behave." So they get so upset with how they behave towards each other that they have to heal from the wounds they inflict upon themselves too. It's a very awesome relationship. But I loved how well it was healing by the end of season 10.
Yep and you can see how much Tess regretted what she was done when she captured the Green Arrow only to find out it was Oliver... and of course Oliver saw her in a bad light that she could do what she was doing to anyone. He really cut ties with her after that and you can see how much that hurt her but instead of turning more towards the dark side, she wanted to show her good side and actually work to become a better person.

And yes, he expected way more from her then that. So it was so sad to watch. I love the moments when they became "frenemies" that was the moment things finally seemed to be going to the right path for them.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay, new thread!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yes! I didn't expect we would get a new Tess/Oliver thread so that was a nice surprise.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yep and you can see how much Tess regretted what she was done when she captured the Green Arrow only to find out it was Oliver... and of course Oliver saw her in a bad light that she could do what she was doing to anyone. He really cut ties with her after that and you can see how much that hurt her but instead of turning more towards the dark side, she wanted to show her good side and actually work to become a better person.

And yes, he expected way more from her then that. So it was so sad to watch. I love the moments when they became "frenemies" that was the moment things finally seemed to be going to the right path for them.
Yeah, that was a great scene. Everyone loved that scene. I remember when that scene aired it was so talked about and there are so many gifs and fan arts over that scene, so many new shippers from that scene, I was like, "Really? Okay, cool."

I'm really partial to their scenes in Dominion. I love that when she was scared about Clark going into the Phantom Zone without his powers, and he refused to listen to her about not going, she went to Oliver for him. I love that he showed up when she called him. (Hey, another time he came when she summoned him! They're on their way back! )

And then their last scene, it was so touching. How she was the only one that knew he was infected with Darkseid and how scared he was, but that he didn't want to admit to it yet, and she was so worried about him, but he asks her to trust him and she does. It's soooooooooooo sweet.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah during season 8 I didn't care for their scenes which is why I am happy that I can re-watch their scenes from season 8 and have a greater appreciation for it and truly appreciate and love their scenes like I haven't the first watch around. I see how strong their connection was from the beginning and it actually does impact you.

He was truly Tess' weakspot.

Great scene! Thanks for the gifs.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ You are welcomed.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Paradise, may we know your name?
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^She'll be on by Friday to reply but for the most part, she goes by Paradise or at times Para... . lol
Reply   Post New Thread