Fan Forum Hero

Their scenes in "Checkmate" are great!
Old 08-13-2019, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was a great episode!
Old 08-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
I so need to re-watch it! Is that when Oliver ended his friendship with Tess? I forgot which set of scenes it was between them in it.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Good thing for you is that you remember what each moment is from and why they are looking at each other the way they are. lol I still need a few more rewatches in their before I can remember what each look represents. lol
I actually love the stage you're at in a budding ship. Where you still have more rewatches before you recall all the nooks and crannies of the relationship. It's fun. So I hope you enjoy any and all rewatches! And I'd be happy to join you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
YES. Every scene in that was incredible.

Quote:
I so need to re-watch it! Is that when Oliver ended his friendship with Tess? I forgot which set of scenes it was between them in it.
Yes, this was the episode where Oliver shut Tess down and walked away from her. But, it's still one of my favorite episodes of them, because we get all of the phases of their relationship in Smallville all together. I still think Tess throwing the vase at Oliver's head is one of the all time funniest scenes.

I remember the forums blowing up after the scene where Oliver walks away from her happened, and how many people who NEVER shipped them were all of a sudden going, "That's the most powerful "breakup" scene of all. I think that all shippers should feel very proud of that scene regardless of how painful it is, because it was on fire. Chlollie could never do a scene like that." I remember that that breakup scene actually made new Tollie shippers. So many more people got on board with them and my friend Blanca who had shipped them from day one emailed me and said, "Where the hell were all these people two season ago?" LOL. So, it definitely made an impact.

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 08-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
I actually love the stage you're at in a budding ship. Where you still have more rewatches before you recall all the nooks and crannies of the relationship. It's fun. So I hope you enjoy any and all rewatches! And I'd be happy to join you.
I think because I didn't care for this ship when I was watching live is why I don't remember much scenes instantly. Remember I FINALLY started being a passanger on the Tess/Ollie train in season 10. Of course prior I was COMPLETELY devoted to Chloe/Oliver but sometime about season 10 just made me finally root for Oliver with Tess! so now when I re-watch it makes me appreciate their early season episodes more! and I'll now pay more close attention to detail.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

And I wasn't over Oliver and Lois yet. I'm a bit slow...
Old 08-15-2019, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Well that's where I was divided. I always loved Oliver/Lois but my main ship was always Clois! but I did love Oliver/Lois so much as well. lol

When you see Tess and Lois though you can definitely see the type Oliver has in strong woman who don't take nonsense. lol

Tess/Ollie just has the longer better history.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

There was more development with Tess and Oliver, yeah.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked the common ground they finally got to in season 10.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I especially like the scene at the end of "Ambush".
Old 09-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^I can't remember the scene instantly... but is it the scene when they agreed to be frienemies?
Old 09-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think because I didn't care for this ship when I was watching live is why I don't remember much scenes instantly. Remember I FINALLY started being a passanger on the Tess/Ollie train in season 10. Of course prior I was COMPLETELY devoted to Chloe/Oliver but sometime about season 10 just made me finally root for Oliver with Tess! so now when I re-watch it makes me appreciate their early season episodes more! and I'll now pay more close attention to detail.
LOL, so you're another one of those people that started shipping them in Season 10. Awesome. I'm not picky. XOXO Outta curiosity, why in Season 10? I technically started shipping them in Season 9. In Season 8, it was more a mild interest but I was too busy obsessing over Clois, and I remember even being mad that Tess and Oliver had sex so EASILY and so quickly and probably wrote to the CW screaming, "WHAT ABOUT CLOIS?!" lol cause I'm subtle that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry pretty (View Post)
And I wasn't over Oliver and Lois yet. I'm a bit slow...
LOL, really? I was so mad that Oliver came back (initially) in Season 8 because I was like, "GET AWAY FROM MY CLOIS!" So initially when he slept with Tess, I was like, "I support this if for no other reason that it keeps her away from Clark and him away from Lois." But that's so cute, I love the way you said that, haha. "I'm a bit slow." Adorable too! Mwah.

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 09-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
^ Well that's where I was divided. I always loved Oliver/Lois but my main ship was always Clois! but I did love Oliver/Lois so much as well. lol

When you see Tess and Lois though you can definitely see the type Oliver has in strong woman who don't take nonsense. lol

Tess/Ollie just has the longer better history.
Totally agree. And that's one thing that I really liked about Oliver, that he would love these two you know...legendary women in their own rights. I think if you're a superhero or wealthy or powerful, having a woman who is not only mentally strong but really physically strong would be something that would appeal to you. I mean if you're a superhero doing dangerous things, you want to know that the woman you're with has some kick ass abilities of her own, else you'd be scared to leave her alone any time you were on a mission. I could be giving him layers he doesn't have though. Perhaps just tall, gorgeous, sexy women who have a big hearts but take no crap are "his type". Which works too.

But they did give Tess and Oliver more of a history, and Lois and Oliver more of a friendship. I'm sure that Tess just watches Lois and Oliver every day and it probably just makes her go GRRRRRRH, "Why is it so easy for them to be get along?" But, if and when Lois ever learns about their past, I'm sure she'd feel like, "You took her away to islands and did nothing but have sex for weeks at a time and you couldn't even stay with me all the way through one date?!"

LOL, so they have very different experiences with him.

Quote:
^I can't remember the scene instantly... but is it the scene when they agreed to be frienemies?
Yep, end of Ambush. We should marathon that episode soon. It's another episode with my two favorite couples!

Last edited by eternalfate; 09-02-2019 at 06:55 PM
Old 09-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
LOL, so you're another one of those people that started shipping them in Season 10. Awesome. I'm not picky. XOXO Outta curiosity, why in Season 10? I technically started shipping them in Season 9. In Season 8, it was more a mild interest but I was too busy obsessing over Clois, and I remember even being mad that Tess and Oliver had sex so EASILY and so quickly and probably wrote to the CW screaming, "WHAT ABOUT CLOIS?!" lol cause I'm subtle that way.

LOL, really? I was so mad that Oliver came back (initially) in Season 8 because I was like, "GET AWAY FROM MY CLOIS!" So initially when he slept with Tess, I was like, "I support this if for no other reason that it keeps her away from Clark and him away from Lois." But that's so cute, I love the way you said that, haha. "I'm a bit slow." Adorable too! Mwah.

Oh so a lot of people started shipping them in season 10 than?
I think I just finally started caring for Tess more seeing as prior to season 10, I just didn't care for her... it was something about her that wasn't connecting to me but I loved seeing how she didn't turn bad as people expected her to turn out and I believe that she started to really change and regret some of her actions when she found out that Oliver was Green Arrow! and it made me love Tess & Oliver's relationship so much more because you really got to see how much Tess did care for Oliver and that it wasn't just words for her.

Amazing how you changed your tune when it came to Tess and Oliver.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Oh so a lot of people started shipping them in season 10 than?
I think I just finally started caring for Tess more seeing as prior to season 10, I just didn't care for her... it was something about her that wasn't connecting to me but I loved seeing how she didn't turn bad as people expected her to turn out and I believe that she started to really change and regret some of her actions when she found out that Oliver was Green Arrow! and it made me love Tess & Oliver's relationship so much more because you really got to see how much Tess did care for Oliver and that it wasn't just words for her.
Yep, a lot of people started shipping them in Season 10. I never understood why exactly, but I love your reasoning. Very shippery. I also loved how much we saw that Tess's love for Oliver was absolutely genuine.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread