Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow! Awesome OP!!! I think I'm the only one on here who doesn't have an icon. I'll figure it out.

I just wanted to come on and share a dialogue I wrote because I was bored, and the lack of Lois and Clark is killing me! The context is pretty straight forward: Clark has told Lois his secret. I know we can't link to message boards, but I don't know about blogs, so here it is -

Lark11’s Blog

Anyway, I'm not writer by any means, but I often picture what Lois and Clark would say to each other in regards to his secret, and this was what I came up with. A lot of it is informed by my own analysis of Lois and Clark, their past relationships, and Clark's destiny as Superman...I'm such a dork.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Rachel, JR and everyone who's been involved in creating the new OP, it looks AMAZING! Thank you SO much for all the hard work you put into it.

The fanarts that go with our favorite moments are simply breathtaking.

Rachel, your summary made me tear up. By the time you got to season 8 I could not stop grinning. You summed it up perfectly. I also love the line quoted above. That they allow themselves to be vulnerable around each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon86 (View Post)
Exactly! I LOVE that we know for sure they're gonna end up together. That's such a relief for me.
Ha! No kidding. Imagine we didn't know that. God, I'd be pulling my hair.

emily, I would PAY you to do a tutorial on this banner:

The style is so gorgeous I barely have words for it. The texture, the text placement, the coloring (!) is absolutely perfect. You've got some serious skills, chica.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 11-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark11 (View Post)
Wow! Awesome OP!!! I think I'm the only one on here who doesn't have an icon. I'll figure it out.

I just wanted to come on and share a dialogue I wrote because I was bored, and the lack of Lois and Clark is killing me! The context is pretty straight forward: Clark has told Lois his secret. I know we can't link to message boards, but I don't know about blogs, so here it is -

Lark11’s Blog

Anyway, I'm not writer by any means, but I often picture what Lois and Clark would say to each other in regards to his secret, and this was what I came up with. A lot of it is informed by my own analysis of Lois and Clark, their past relationships, and Clark's destiny as Superman...I'm such a dork.
No, you're not. That was very sweet!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Finally 50 thread and the OP rocks
Old 11-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

That was really good Lark11. I enjoyed it very much!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJunkie22 (View Post)
That was really good Lark11. I enjoyed it very much!
Aww...thanks. Of course so that there is no misunderstanding, I don't think Lois is anywhere beneath Clark. She's not going to be just waiting around. That is not her purpose, but I was thinking about how the writers may address Lois being with Clark despite the dual identity when Oliver's dual identity was the sole issue between them. And then I realized that this is a different Lois Lane from season 6 or even season 7. She has grown, and I think the difference between Lois and the other women in Smallville is that she has this sense of a greater purpose. Granted Lana left Clark because the world "needs [him] more," same reason Lois left Ollie, but I think maybe what Lois has realized is that there are more important things than oneself, that the world and the rest of humanity must come first in a way, a la Casablanca...

Anyway, I think part of what makes Lois and Clark such a great couple is that they are a team, and they will become an even better team in regards to helping the world in their own way, Lois finding the truth and Clark, as Superman, embodying that very idea, and both will fight for it in their own way. And when people fight for those higher ideals, they have to be willing to make sacrifices. They are not the type to be perfectly content in domestic bliss. There is always something that must be done. Clark is not an Oliver or an A.C.. He's not a "normal" man. He has man's emotions and man's flaws in a lot of ways, but he's also elevated, and only that kind of man can keep up with Lois...she may have her share of flaws, but she is one of the best mankind's got. She's willing to be with Clark even though he could potentially leave her behind. She's willing to share him because it's him...Yes, Lois, in her strength, is a girl who just wants to be loved, but, even more so, she wants to love...I mean, let's face it, it's her love that gives an almost-god his strength...
Old 11-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
She's willing to be with Clark even though he could potentially leave her behind.
I think that Lois will know that despite Clark being Superman, he will not leave her behind. Like Clark said in Siren, "Lois, just because someone's life is great responsibility doesn't mean your life has to take second place". What I loved on Lois & Clark was that they found a perfect balance in that aspect. And I think this quote fits:

Clark: I have to go.
Lois: [realizes] You're always leaving.
Clark: [smiles] And I always come back.

And Lois will realize that and be okay with it. She'll support Clark in that aspect as best as she possibly can and she won't feel like a sloppy second because at the end of the day, he'll always come back to her and be her husband.
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 11-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nora* (View Post)
I think that Lois will know that despite Clark being Superman, he will not leave her behind. Like Clark said in Siren, "Lois, just because someone's life is great responsibility doesn't mean your life has to take second place". What I loved on Lois & Clark was that they found a perfect balance in that aspect. And I think this quote fits:

And Lois will realize that and be okay with it. She'll support Clark in that aspect as best as she possibly can and she won't feel like a sloppy second because at the end of the day, he'll always come back to her and be her husband.
*gets warm fuzzies*

I'm feeling a sudden urge to read a fic. The few ones I've read are sooo good. This way, with this massive hiatus, I might make it after all.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nora* (View Post)

What a great quote. Is that from LnC? I do agree about Clark always coming back. That was something else I was thinking about, the fact that Clark will always come back because he's...well, Superman and because she's Lois.

What I meant, though, was that idea that he might not. Someone said once that the depth of love has much to do with the very idea that it will not last forever, that in fact, it can go away in an instant. Clark will always choose to come back, but even though he's Superman, he can get hurt (darn that Kryptonite!). Maybe it's just me, but I think Lois is brave in her love for Clark because she does have to share him and all that - the constant danger - though he is impervious to most things. She can be sure of his love for her and the fact that he will always come back, but that time when he's not there, or that time when she sees him leave must hurt. No one but Lois can take it...he'll always come back, and I suppose she'll always be there when he does...
Old 11-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What a great quote. Is that from LnC?
Yes. Lois has lost her memory and is trying to put the pieces together. That's when that quote happens.
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 11-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Extreme Fan

The OP looks amazing!!
Old 11-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Elite Fan

I meant to comment earlier, but got stuck over at JLa's board. The OP is so stunning! Thanks to JR, Emily, and Rachel for all of their hard work. It's nice to see all of the detail and thought put forth into such a milestone. You know that I already love your relationship summaries Rachel and I can't wait to DL the soundtrack. You put Homeless Heart in it! *squueeeees* Fantastic job everyone! And I hope some of you guys will be able to enjoy the split icons I made. I knew I couldn't turn down Rach when she asked me to, hee.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

Love the OP! And this thread! WOOT!

Old 11-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Addicted Fan

ok,so I just spent 2 hours reading the OP,staring at the beautiful icons,banners and pics, checking the soundtrack (love the song choices) etc...
I have no words for it
thanks to everyone who contributed and to our special 3 you're truely the best
I never thought an OP could look like THIS ONE before...it's the most beautiful one I've seen on FF!
oh and Rachel: omg! your summaries...you have to be Lois' clone or something your style of writing is wonderful - I love it!

avie question: does anyone know who made it? asiagurl408??

and here's one of my most fav. Clois song atm cause it perfectly fits the situation right now (Nora might know it already )
to me it describes how Clark is feeling at the end of Bride...

Where are you going - Dave Matthews band

Where are you going?
With the long face pulling down
Don’t hide away like the ocean
That you can’t see
But you can smell
And the sound of waves crash down

I do know, where you go
Is where I wanna be
Are you looking for answers to questions under the stars
If along the way, you are growing weary
You can rest with me until a brighter day, and you’re ok