Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

I've added you to the shipper list, I hope that was right?!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can't say I'm fond of the pic with Clark's hands around Tess' throat.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jette_ (View Post)
I've added you to the shipper list, I hope that was right?!
Thank you!

Quote:
Well, if it's any consolation, it was Clark Luthor I didn't like that scene too - it was too freaky and scary. But I guess that's the awesomeness of Tom Even though he was scary as hell as Clark Luthor, he was uber sexy!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by now.it.all.begins (View Post)
Yeah, I had my problems with that scene too.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm aware that it's Clark Luthor, but even so it still disturbs me.
Rachel
Old 03-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Pretty graphic.
Rachel
Old 03-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Not to be rude, but I just can't shake off the feeling that I get when people say, "it's Tom Welling anyways, he's hot we can let this one pass up" no matter how douche-y, violent, threatening his character gets on the show. Clark Kent or Clark Luthor it's not an excuse to lay a finger on a woman..and with Tess he did literally toss, threatened her around. It's just puts me off. Just my 2 cents in.
thropplands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Both Clarks have done a few things to Tess that are not acceptable, that's true.
But Tess was the one who manipulated, adducted, captured and killed people in season 8 and 9. And when people got upset about the scene in Checkmate when Clark threatened Tess to push her down the building or the one in Kandor when he lifted her into the air, I wondered why people were so fast to judge Clark for that, when they never even said a thing about Tess shooting people for example.
Just because she's a woman or because you might expect Tess (a villain) to do such things doesn't make her actions less wrong. The "A man should never lay a hand on a woman" - argument is just wrong in this example, imo. Because that would associate that her gender would be her disadvantage.
But in those scenes she was not a poor woman that needed protection from an violent man. She was an equally powerful enemy. She was involved in Checkmates plans and therefore was part in Chloe's adduction and she was the one who came up with the plan that caused Jor-El to die.
Clark would never have killed her. And yes, the way he treated her in those scenes was wrong but he was driven by strong emotions. And both times he tried to save someone he loved. Yeah, I'm on Clark's side here. Not because "Tom Welling is hot." but because Clark never committed a crime or hurt someone just to make profit out of it; but when he did then he saw no other choice and he had to do it to protect/save someone.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Clark could kill Tess anytime, he could. That reasoning that he couldn't do that or he will not do that is just, in my opinion -- he could flick that switch and just get done with it. Yes, I believe that this man threatened her and hurt her physically, emotionally. I'm not saying that Tess didn't do anything wrong here. She'd kill someone to protect herself. She's misguided, with that kind of upbringing she grew up to. The world was harsh to her, she'd fight back. "But in those scenes she was not a poor woman that needed protection from an violent man. She was an equally powerful enemy." -Yes, Tess was an easy match to Clark's kryptonian abilities except she's not. And Tess imo-- is not a villain. What makes a villain? You get comic book Lex Luthor and slap him in the picture. Now that's a villain. But it not what irks me here. See, it's how one could get away with his douche-y actions because he is Clark Kent, because it's Tom Welling -- i.e he's hot and amazing and not because he is being portrayed by Tom Welling. Do you see the difference? Because of his past kindness and good will he sort of payed up for it for his douche bag persona. Either way he sometimes remind me of Chris Brown but yes, he is the pure and virtuous Clark Kent. Let's forget about how terrible he could get with the ladies shall we.

Last edited by thropplands; 03-10-2012 at 06:21 AM
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just to add my two cents into this discussing about Clark's past violent behaviour with Tess...I think the reason why some people, myself included have such a problem with that isn't just b/c Tess is a woman and Clark is a man, it's b/c Clark is the good guy, he's the hero of our story and we hold him to a higher standard than anyone else. Also Clark isn't an "ends justifies the means" kind of guy. That's always been Batman or in this show, GA, and that's one of the many things that differentiates the two characters, which makes it worse for me when I see Clark treating anyone, not just Tess, that way.
Rachel
Old 03-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

That's another good point! Why couldn't this show make an accurate depiction of Clark Kent? He'd be Superman, he is supposed to be perfect or least close to perfect imo. They were trying too hard to go with the tortured character angle. Just because the dark night was a hit they'd completely go with that..and the black vigilante costume..
Old 03-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I didn't have a problem with the black outfit (I actually really liked it and thought it was a refreshing change from his blue/red jacket/shirt combo) and I don't think he's supposed to be perfect b/c no one is really...Clark wasn't perfect in Lois & Clark either. If he was too perfect we wouldn't be able to relate to/identify/sympathize with him. IMO his Clark was pretty awesome aside from that one issue I have with the violent way he handled Tess at times. I love that we got to see him grow up and mature and eventually embrace his true calling.
Rachel
Old 03-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like Clark (not that much) but sometimes he could get douche-y with Chloe in the earlier seasons..and it got worse with season 9, this time with both Chloe and Tess..which by the way were my favorites to begin with. Anyway, I appreciate what he did for Tess in season 10 and Tess made Clark more like-able in my eyes.. sometimes it hurts to ship these two so much.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

No comments about Clarkie that could be read as an insult, please!
But yes, shipping them had it's ups and downs. It started out sooo good for them in Plastique.