Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

OK, ok..... Call me grumpy, but I really don't see why she would wanna stay with this show for another year.
:\
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the show isn't bad...not like it once was
plus she enjoys the environment so why not?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
OK, ok..... Call me grumpy, but I really don't see why she would wanna stay with this show for another year.
Well if nothing else, there's always security.
Knows the people, knows the environment, knows what to do and how to do it plus it produces and pretty hefty paycheck.

However, no matter how bad I think Smallville can get (I'm like you, I'm pretty fed up), Allision loves it! She loves what she is doing and she loves the people shes working with so she has a few reasons to stick around.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

I guess she's happy doing what she does and enjoys who she gets to work with. To be honest I'd hate it if Allison left. It wouldn't be the same.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Honeycomb (View Post)
I guess she's happy doing what she does and enjoys who she gets to work with. To be honest I'd hate it if Allison left. It wouldn't be the same.
I completely agree.

Also, Allison's storyline has grown a lot in the past 2 years. I believe Allison herself has expressed how happy she was that her role on the show expanded a bit more. If she is satisfied with the way her storyline is going and with the material she's been given, I can see why she'd want to stay til the end.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
I completely agree.

Also, Allison's storyline has grown a lot in the past 2 years. I believe Allison herself has expressed how happy she was that her role on the show expanded a bit more. If she is satisfied with the way her storyline is going and with the material she's been given, I can see why she'd want to stay til the end.
It's true that her role expanded over the last 2 years..... But I am curious: do you really think her character developed to the better???
I don't..... The whole Freak-angle stinks to the heavens, IMO.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
It's true that her role expanded over the last 2 years..... But I am curious: do you really think her character developed to the better???
I don't..... The whole Freak-angle stinks to the heavens, IMO.

It doesn't matter what we think in this situation. If Allison, herself, enjoys her character growth then that's what would make her want to come back.

Personally, I have enjoyed how her character has evolved. I like the freak angle. But that's just me.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
It doesn't matter what we think in this situation. If Allison, herself, enjoys her character growth then that's what would make her want to come back.
Well, I got the impression that AM is generally a very positive person...... in public, at least. Her blog can be considered 'personal', and therefore can be different, by times. What I am trying to say is: when I read her reactions to the entire freak-debacle, I got the strong impression that she would never, ever publically criticize the writers/producers, as it would mean sawing off the branch on which she's sitting. She is simply very professional. Also, I understand that as an actress, she liked the challenge of playing a 'freak'. Yet, that doesn't make the very idea of that storyline any better, in my opinion.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know, I always got the impression that Allison really was very excited about the freak storyline. She did speak out about not liking how her character was written in season 2, so I don't think she'd sound quite so positive about the freak storyline if she wasn't into it. Ditto with Chimmy, which she also seems a big fan of and suggested to the writers. And she said something about also suggesting the healing for Chloe's power

Neither of those things have much to do with seasons 1-5 Chloe IMO, so I'm not a fan of them I agree. I miss when Chloe was taking on the Luthor's in season 3, and I miss reporter Chloe. Still Allison does seem to genuinally appreciate the freak storyline, and welcome it as a challenge
Old 03-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Caps and clips are up at Allison Mack Web!

Allison Mack Web Gallery - 7x13 "Hero"

Allison Mack Web Media - 7.13 Hero

and I'm also uploading the clips to YT, so you don't have to download them.

YouTube - allisonmackweb's Channel

des; lj; icon.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
I don't know, I always got the impression that Allison really was very excited about the freak storyline. She did speak out about not liking how her character was written in season 2, so I don't think she'd sound quite so positive about the freak storyline if she wasn't into it. Ditto with Chimmy, which she also seems a big fan of and suggested to the writers. And she said something about also suggesting the healing for Chloe's power
That's quite a few excellent points.
I guess I simply disagree with Allison then.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)

Neither of those things have much to do with seasons 1-5 Chloe IMO, so I'm not a fan of them I agree. I miss when Chloe was taking on the Luthor's in season 3, and I miss reporter Chloe. Still Allison does seem to genuinally appreciate the freak storyline, and welcome it as a challenge
I agree. She seems to genuinely like where her character is right now.
She's been vocal about her likes and dislikes before so it makes me think she truly enjoys what she's doing at the moment with the freak angle.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

I really like where they've gone with the freak angle. I mean after all those years at high school working at The Torch and the Wall of Weird it's great that her power has now been shown.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 03-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

^
But pretty much EVERYBODY is a freak now..... even Pete!!!
That's bull, IMO.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread