Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 01:16 PM
New Fan

To catch up with the "why is Snape a sex god?" issue:

It's true that reading the books, there's no reason to think Snape is sexually attractive. JKR has never written a single thing that would encourage a reader to think that. (Even things like his black robes billowing behind him--which sends all of us into paroxysms--is probably meant just to imply how threatening he is.) It's only because Snape is played by the extremely hot Alan Rickman that females are obsessed with the character. They may imagine Alan-as-Snape younger, or thinner, but I don't think I've read a steamy fanfic that didn't seem to me to be about AR. BUT: since there's a fair bit of evidence that JKR wanted AR to play Snape, what if AR always was Snape to JKR? So, the total hotness was already built in to the character (in her mind), and didn't have to be specifically mentioned (esp. in a kids' book). Also, the books are written from the perspective of a teenaged boy who hates Snape. I wouldn't be surprised, though, to find out in Book 6 or 7 that Snape has a romantic past that surfaces for some reason--that he's Victor Krum's father, or whatever.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

I disagree.

My Snape looks absolutely NOTHING like Alan. ( <3 Alan). Alan is NOT Snape, to me. He is simply the incredibly gorgeous talented actor that plays Snape. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I don't know what it is about Snape, but he just IS sexy. I really think it boils down to how we actually picture him in our head. I mean, think about it. If we are all given one description of a person, but no image, we all create our own image. It's like cookies. The same recipe can taste different based on who baked it. It all depends on how you perceive it.

Plus, we all have different opinions of attractive. Like Alan Rickman. I think he's sexy. Some people (crazy people!) don't.

Oh, and by the way, My!Snape looks *most* like Michael Wincott -

- although Michael is missing...something that I can't quite pinpoint.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EdwardNortonGal:
<STRONG>I disagree.
My Snape looks absolutely NOTHING like Alan. ( &lt;3 Alan). Alan is NOT Snape, to me. He is simply the incredibly gorgeous talented actor that plays Snape. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I completely agree w/ EdwardNortonGal! All of my imagined Harry Potter characters don't look anything like the movie actors in their roles! I do hear Alan's voice and the guy who plays Flich when I read the books and read fan fics, but I picture them much differently!

Michael Wincott does kind of look like my pictured Snape (the cheek bones especially) more then Alan, but even he is a bit off. My Snape is abnormally pale and lean almost effeminate, but his arms have very strong muscles. His legs are long and very manly! Just enough dark hair to be fetching and well toned. I picture is nose slightly more narrow and of coarse hooked. His eyes so dark that it's scary to look them straight on. I picture him towering above others in his long black robes looking frightening! *shivers in a good way*
Old 02-15-2004, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nesscafe:
<STRONG>

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I completely agree w/ EdwardNortonGal!

</STRONG>
Wait...is that talking about ME or Alan?

*feels hurt*
Old 02-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Wait...is that talking about ME or Alan?

*feels hurt*</STRONG>
Aw, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings! [img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img] I was just teasing you! I didn't mean for you to take it as a serious jab! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I should have had a [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] after that so you would know. *bows head in shame* I'm sorry, sweetie! *gets down on knees and grovels for mercy* Please forgive me!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Only if you admit that Snape is madly in love with ME.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Only if you admit that Snape is madly in love with ME.</STRONG>
*exasperated sigh* Alright! Alright! Snape is madly in love w/ ME! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Why the hell is Crookshanks draped on Snape's shoulders?!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Man, if that is supposed to be a mink, I suspect that a 5 year old drew that! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

*sigh* I hope we get new pics of Alan/Snape soon [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

BTW, did you guys know that Alan wears leather trousers in real life?
Apparently he wore one when he went to dinner at this restaurant!
meow! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Where are the paparazzi when we need them? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 02-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Marauder's Child:
<STRONG>BTW, did you guys know that Alan wears leather trousers in real life?
Apparently he wore one when he went to dinner at this restaurant!
meow! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Where are the paparazzi when we need them? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Poor Crooks!!! Somebody get that thing off Snape before Hermione sees!

Alan in leather?! [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] *does bad Beavis & Butthead impersonation* "Come to Nessa!" "Yeah! Yeah!" he he
Old 02-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Extreme Fan

That's supposed to be Crookshanks?!?!? And what's up wit the grey looking hands?

But on the bright side...there are leather trousers!!! [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
*basks in pervy thought glow*

House -- vote for it.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FawkesRises:
<STRONG>That's supposed to be Crookshanks?!?!? </STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] No! I was just kidding! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
But it does look like a ginger cat doesn't it?

I believe it's supposed to be a mink fur shawl of some sort... you know, the ones that filthy rich old ladies wear [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I believe that that lego!Snape is the boggart one, coz you see, that's a closet right behind him.... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Snape just came out of a closet... wearing a granny dress! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Is JKR nopt telling us something?! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

No! NO! NO!
[img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]
But I bet all the slashers out there would be celebrating over that little fact [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

===================================================================

new thread can be found HERE

[ 02-17-2004: Message edited Marauder's Child ]
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 02-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

OMBOB!!!

*dies*

LEGO!BOGGART!SNAPE

Me WANTS IT, preciousssssssssss!!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top