Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonray13 (View Post)
I think that if any other person would say that it would sound a little bit corny. but the way he said it and after everything that happened. it was one of the best love declaration I've ever heard.
The fact that the speech doesn't actually have to contain the words ILY in it to convey the magnitude of Ron's feelings for Hermione, makes it immense in itself.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Yay for Hanna's video in the OP <3

This quote in the title makes me genuinely happy btw.

Quote:
The fact that the speech doesn't actually have to contain the words ILY in it to convey the magnitude of Ron's feelings for Hermione, makes it immense in itself.
Omg You're so right. Standing ovation right there.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

you are all right the scene had a HUGE potential to end up too cheesy, but thanks to Rupert&Emma being superb in it, it was just love

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
this! this speech was even better then any ILY. These two dont even need an ILY in my opinion, I mean. he told her that she was the one who leaded him back if that isnt love then I dont know what is!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I freaking love jealous Ron

But felt bad for him

LOVE the new title
Old 12-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

yeah, I also love jealous Ron but feel bad for him at the same time aswell
Old 12-01-2010, 10:48 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterpatronus1 (View Post)
Yeah the way Rupert did it was so perfect. Few people could've pulled that off in such a genuine way and he did such a good job about not being cheesy. Emma's reaction was perfect too, making Hermione seem like she was really trying to stay angry but she couldn't because of what he was declaring
He was so sincere, so earnest, it would take a really cold heart not to be moved. And the thing I love about his speech is that it didn't come off as him trying to impress her, or flatter her with flowery words, or embellish what really happened. Ron isn't the "romantic" type, and I didn't get the impression he'd practiced what he was going to say. But still he was confident. He spoke the truth, spontaneously, from his heart, with real depth of feeling. It was really beautifully played (thank you Rupert) and I'm so happy they kept that scene in just like the book.

When he says "it was dark, I had no idea where I was" - something about the way he said that (in a weary, hurting sort of voice) really made me feel for him. He's been trying to get back to his friends for weeks, all alone, probably going crazy and railing at himself for leaving, wondering if Harry and Hermione will ever forgive him, if he'll ever see them again...and then he disapparates and is in the dark, no idea what's around or what he's going to do next. Sure, he knew it would take him to his friends, but I can imagine what was going on inside him, and I felt for him. I just wanted to give him a hug (seriously, he needed a hug! Why did no one hug him?????)

Also, everyone talks about Ron's "in love" look at the wedding and during the piano scene. Breathtaking, I agree. But can we just be amazed for a moment at the look he gave Hermione at the very end of his speech? It almost made me cry. He's just finished saying he'd hoped one of them would show themselves, and they did...he's looking at Harry, then he sighs and looks at Hermione with the most beautiful expression I've ever seen from him. Not at all the "smitten" look as before, but a real, "I love you, everything about you, and I'm sorry I left. I need you to believe that and I need you to forgive me because I need you in my life." It was a grown up response, a mature response...not merely infatuation and "oh, geez, she's so amazing, I don't know what else to do but stare at her from a distance." It was the kind of genuine feeling and boldness that I would expect from someone who thought he'd lost something, and knew how much it meant to him, and was desperate to have it back. I think from that moment on he wasn't afraid to expose his feelings to her, because he finally understood what loving her meant to him.

Okay, see, if I can read that much from one look...kudos to Rupert.

Can't wait for part 2.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
this! this speech was even better then any ILY. These two dont even need an ILY in my opinion, I mean. he told her that she was the one who leaded him back if that isnt love then I dont know what is!
Oh no they don't need one at all and they won't have one in the movies. Their actions are self explantory enough.
I honestly find the way they some times insult each other as a weird addmittance of love. In everything they say to each other there's always this underlying meaning/feeling behind it. Ron/Hermione are a very read between the lines ship in many ways. They are so awesome.

Quote:
When he says "it was dark, I had no idea where I was" -
I loved your whole post bb But I just want to say what I love about that line is the double meaning......it's not really about his physical place on the Earth and being actually miles away and seperated frrm them, it's also Ron's emotoinal turmoil. Struggling to cope with everything that's happening, and also not happening (by lack of success with the Horcruxs) on top of his love for Hermione and his jealous/insecurities he's trying to get that across to Hermione too. It reminds me of Hermione telling him he has the emotional range of teaspoon, and now he's really feeling it all, everything and he wants her to know. IDK what I'm saying I kind of LOL because I now feel like Ron can be upgraded to a dinner spoon.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Undiscovered* (View Post)
He was so sincere, so earnest, it would take a really cold heart not to be moved. And the thing I love about his speech is that it didn't come off as him trying to impress her, or flatter her with flowery words, or embellish what really happened. Ron isn't the "romantic" type, and I didn't get the impression he'd practiced what he was going to say. But still he was confident. He spoke the truth, spontaneously, from his heart, with real depth of feeling. It was really beautifully played (thank you Rupert) and I'm so happy they kept that scene in just like the book.

When he says "it was dark, I had no idea where I was" - something about the way he said that (in a weary, hurting sort of voice) really made me feel for him. He's been trying to get back to his friends for weeks, all alone, probably going crazy and railing at himself for leaving, wondering if Harry and Hermione will ever forgive him, if he'll ever see them again...and then he disapparates and is in the dark, no idea what's around or what he's going to do next. Sure, he knew it would take him to his friends, but I can imagine what was going on inside him, and I felt for him. I just wanted to give him a hug (seriously, he needed a hug! Why did no one hug him?????)

Also, everyone talks about Ron's "in love" look at the wedding and during the piano scene. Breathtaking, I agree. But can we just be amazed for a moment at the look he gave Hermione at the very end of his speech? It almost made me cry. He's just finished saying he'd hoped one of them would show themselves, and they did...he's looking at Harry, then he sighs and looks at Hermione with the most beautiful expression I've ever seen from him. Not at all the "smitten" look as before, but a real, "I love you, everything about you, and I'm sorry I left. I need you to believe that and I need you to forgive me because I need you in my life." It was a grown up response, a mature response...not merely infatuation and "oh, geez, she's so amazing, I don't know what else to do but stare at her from a distance." It was the kind of genuine feeling and boldness that I would expect from someone who thought he'd lost something, and knew how much it meant to him, and was desperate to have it back. I think from that moment on he wasn't afraid to expose his feelings to her, because he finally understood what loving her meant to him.

Okay, see, if I can read that much from one look...kudos to Rupert.

Can't wait for part 2.
ICA with all of this

And I love the part where you mentioned that his speech was more of a grown up response

I think that Ron was the emotional core of the movie.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

wow perfectly said
I wish I could reply something worthy to that but I am afraid I'm still too much in love with your post to come up with something

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 12-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh no they don't need one at all and they won't have one in the movies. Their actions are self explantory enough.
I honestly find the way they some times insult each other as a weird addmittance of love. In everything they say to each other there's always this underlying meaning/feeling behind it. Ron/Hermione are a very read between the lines ship in many ways. They are so awesome.
It just proves that they're not a shallow ship!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think that Ron was the emotional core of the movie.
IA. And I think in part 2 R/Hr is going to be most of the emotional core too, together. Actually together.

Quote:
It just proves that they're not a shallow ship!
LOL they are faaaaaaaaaaar from shallow.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

they are at the deep end of the pool and not the shallow one

Quote:
because I now feel like Ron can be upgraded to a dinner spoon.
for sure

Old 12-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Undiscovered* (View Post)

When he says "it was dark, I had no idea where I was" - something about the way he said that (in a weary, hurting sort of voice) really made me feel for him.
The line that Really hit me hard was "Christmas morning I was sleeping in this little pub.." He was alone and sleeping in a pub on Christmas.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:45 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I just want to say what I love about that line is the double meaning......it's not really about his physical place on the Earth and being actually miles away and seperated frrm them, it's also Ron's emotoinal turmoil. Struggling to cope with everything that's happening, and also not happening (by lack of success with the Horcruxs) on top of his love for Hermione and his jealous/insecurities he's trying to get that across to Hermione too. It reminds me of Hermione telling him he has the emotional range of teaspoon, and now he's really feeling it all, everything and he wants her to know. IDK what I'm saying I kind of LOL because I now feel like Ron can be upgraded to a dinner spoon.
THIS exactly. Thank you. A perfect explanation of his emotional maturity. He is struggling with really grown up and complex feelings and facing them admirably. He comes back and he sounds and looks like he's been through the worst storm of his life - and overcame it. He really is a brave soul - although would we expect any less from a Gryffindor?

And to be more on topic, I really think Hermione understood what he'd been through - even if she didn't know about the locket. She could have been a bit more forgiving, but I really like her response because it shows how hurt she was when he left. If she was all "oh, it's okay, no problem, Ron, glad to see you again" I would doubt the depth of her feelings. The extent to which she was furious with him was the extent to which his absence tore her apart.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top