Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

What do we celebrate on Canada Day?!?!? Are you kidding me?! Oh just the fact that its the best country in ze world! That's all.

And that part of COS DVD has been practically worn out by me. I'm so thankful that's its more durable than a VHS tape.

Imagine what we'll be replaying from the POA DVD (which btw, I'm sure you've all heard by now, will be released on November 23rd!) * happy dance*
Old 07-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Edited to put on Rupert's/Ron's thread.

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

So it's Nov. eh? so happy. That's like 4 months away.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys! In the last thread I was asked to find the link for the article that had Emma helping Rupert out with his ( on the phone ) magazine interview. Well I found the article. But its very blurry. The scan sucks basically, but I just wanted to prove to you that it does exist. The link is from mugglenet.com and the article is from the june/july issue of Girl's Life magazine.

Rupert's interview opens with (and believe me, it was hard to read this):

"You know how Emma complains about teenage boys having one word answers to every question? That's Rupert! He's so shy infact that he requested Emma be on the phone when we spoke with him. Hey, why not?"

I won't type out the whole interview because frankly, I can't read it.
*sucky scan*
Old 07-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat
Hey guys! In the last thread I was asked to find the link for the article that had Emma helping Rupert out with his ( on the phone ) magazine interview. Well I found the article. But its very blurry. The scan sucks basically, but I just wanted to prove to you that it does exist. The link is from mugglenet.com and the article is from the june/july issue of Girl's Life magazine.

Rupert's interview opens with (and believe me, it was hard to read this):

"You know how Emma complains about teenage boys having one word answers to every question? That's Rupert! He's so shy infact that he requested Emma be on the phone when we spoke with him. Hey, why not?"

I won't type out the whole interview because frankly, I can't read it.
*sucky scan*
Thank you very much for the link.
I'm going to check it out right now.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat
Imagine what we'll be replaying from the POA DVD (which btw, I'm sure you've all heard by now, will be released on November 23rd!) * happy dance*
That doesn't seem too far away. Can't wait to see what's included in the extras. Hopefully the hug.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah I got that article in the Girl's Life mag.... my sister bought it and had it open to that page, and when I saw the HP article, I grabbed it out of her hands and refused to give it back (it's currently hiding in my sock drawer) .

And how did I become a Sidekicker? Hmmm....... well, I just suppose I read the books and noticed how cute they were together. But I don't think I was a full-fledged kicker until I read GoF. The Yule Ball stuff completely convinced me, I think.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Total Fan

vix- i think that since JKR is a sidekick herself, she wouldn't put us through the torture of never experiencing the genuine r/h moments we've been longing for...i don't think we have to worry.

baileycat- since you brought up the almost hug in CoS, it reminded me of another CoS movie moment that some of you may or may not have caught. during that same sceen in the great hall, when everyone is clapping, ron is standing, then looks down at someone- the next shot is of hermione, sitting on the bench clapping (so ron would be looking down at her)...i totally see this as ron taking a peek at mione. not all of my family agrees with me, but i'm sure if you watch that sceen, you'll see what i'm seeing. :-)

i am, of course, excited about the PoA DVD. i can't wait to see the extras! i'm sure we'll all have a great time watching them

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 07-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Don't forget about the two other (more obvious) moments!!

1. Ron jumping to Hermione's defense when Draco calls her a Mudblood. He tries to curse him! But the curse backfires on himself.

2. Ron (as Crab) after taking the polyjuice potion jumps off the couch and is furious when Draco says he hopes the first Muggle-born to die is Hermione. Harry has to hold Ron back and tell him to calm down.

The R/H relationship became apparent to me in CoS........and PoA was a wonderful second helping!

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Passionate Fan

You said it, Joslyn! (Sorry if I spelled that wrong)
Old 07-01-2004, 12:32 PM
New Fan

I cant wait till November 23 now!! It really isnt that far away. A little over 4 months. That will go by quick. I really cant remember when I became a sidekick. I think i kinda always thought they had something going on, but it wasnt until GoF that I really wanted them to get together. Now I cant wait until they do because I know its just a matter of time before they kiss! I hope its during a fight and Harry is there to see it because that is the only way us readers will be able to experience too.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:05 PM
New Fan

Well, I became a kicker just recently. I had read the books, and thought R/H were cute and would probably get together, but didn't think too much of it.

Then I saw PoA. Then I saw it again, just to watch the kicky parts. I tried to focus on R/H in every scene and ignored Harry, and that's when I knew I really had something invested in this couple.

Now I'm devouring fanfiction until the next book comes out, and keeping my fingers crossed!!
Old 07-01-2004, 02:02 PM
GG
Extreme Fan

Hey kicks!

I was away this past weekend and then i've been trying to catch up the past few days! Trying, indeed!

I have to get to work, but I just wanted to stop in and say hi! Thanks, Liz for the new thread!

And is that really the date for POA's DVD release?! Oh man, that day will be a celebration!!

Hopefully i'll be able to get back on tonight and I'll share my sidekick story!

Later, kickers!

"...several scenes hinting at sexual tension between Harry's best friends, Ron and Hermione, who can't keep their hands off each other -- and can't figure out why." --SF Gate, POA review.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Kicks...thanks for all your great stories about how you all became sidekicks. twas good hearing them

baileycat: Thanks for providing that article ...I actually found another scanned version of the article at emma-watson.net that is a lot clearer to read. Here's the link: Emma/Rupert Interview
(Just click on the Gallery link, then Emma photos, then click on the newspapers/magazines link and at the bottom of the page you'll find the interview)
and thanks for the Dvd release news...November 23rd isn't that far away, and it's actually very close to my birthday mmm I'm sensing that this could possibly one of great presents I receive (plus the POA poster that I've been begging my parents to buy me!!)

LovingNate&Hales: love the mention of those COS moments, thanks! those moments was what made me become a sidekick. My friend Mel and I were watching the movie and she kept rewinding to those parts and saying stuff like "did you see that..Ron grabbed Hermione's arm" and after that I was totally convinced that these two would eventually get together ...and I didn't see any H/Hr magic in COS (besides their hug but I think that was def. a friend hug)

Vix: oh no, you had me had me worried about your prediction ...but I generally think JKR has faith in R/hr as a couple and I do think she is a sidekicker herself so i doubt that she would write about all these r/hr moments in the previous books and just leave it at that ah not to worry, I'm sure we'll get our sidekick moments (e.g. the much awaited kiss)

and hey GG Long time, no see...what ya been up to?

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
Old 07-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Hey kicks

*is exhausted from jogging*

So I guess the only extra R/H moment that we get on the DVD is the hug?

Thanks for the link to a clearer version of the article.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top