Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

okay, question to keep things up Will Ron ever notice Luna ? Because honestly, she's REALLY foward with her feelings, but then again Ron can be a bit slow But do you guys think it will remain one sided?
Old 07-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ohh! Glad you asked!

I skimmed OotP last week and came across something interesting. You remember Sirius's first appearence in the fire of the Gryffindor common room? He tells the Trio that Fudge doesn't want the students learning DADA because he is afraid that Dumbledor will try to use the students as a personal army to take over the Ministry. Ron says:
Quote:
"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Including some of the stuff that Luna Lovegood comes out with."
Granted, this isn't very romantic but (1) it indicates that Luna is on his mind, (2) it's appearently as romantic as Ron ever gets and (3) if he'd said it about Hermione, the Herons would be yelling "HA! Proof! Eat pie, Harmonians!"

I think it's safe to say that Ron has indeed noticed Luna Lovegood.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-- Einstein
jennifer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't tell if Ron really dislikes her or if he really likes her
Old 07-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

I think Ron likes her I always get the feeling that he just doesn't know how to respond to her flirting since he doesn't have that much experience with girls.

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Passionate Fan

this thread is in desperate need of a

I think Ron likes her a lot. He just needs to get over Hermione first. Soon, ideally.

Found a couple good fics:

Orange Nail Varnish (i really hope this one is continued)
Disbelieving in Trees (i love how luna was written in this one. plus, it involves ron leaving hermione for luna )
Old 07-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer8
Ohh! Glad you asked!

I skimmed OotP last week and came across something interesting. You remember Sirius's first appearence in the fire of the Gryffindor common room? He tells the Trio that Fudge doesn't want the students learning DADA because he is afraid that Dumbledor will try to use the students as a personal army to take over the Ministry. Ron says:

Granted, this isn't very romantic but (1) it indicates that Luna is on his mind, (2) it's appearently as romantic as Ron ever gets and (3) if he'd said it about Hermione, the Herons would be yelling "HA! Proof! Eat pie, Harmonians!"

I think it's safe to say that Ron has indeed noticed Luna Lovegood.
I think it's interesting because,I do think Ron appreciates Luna flirting with him somehow and maybe that's why he replies with that comment.. Do we ever see his reactions? I don't remember.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
MBfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aww I love the concept of this ship! I thought I was crazy when I was reading OoTP...can I be added please?

Tiff
If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumph to be one all the time when no one knows it."
behrlyawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello people.

Why is this thread on the second page? We need a bump. Seriously.

Anyway, people, here's to more Ron/Luna interaction in HBP!

~Beholder
Beholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Total Fan

ITA Beholder,
I can't wait for the scenes in HBP..

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
MBfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Hello A quick reminder that Signatures and Avatars need to be spoiler free. I know a lot of you will have favorite moments/lines from the book you will want to use. However, this can be a nasty shock to people all over FF who don’t want to be spoiled. All posters with such signatures and avatars will be PMed to remove it and if not done we will contact management to remove the avatar or signature.

Also if you haven’t read HBP Spoiler Policy Make sure you do! Reminder that the policy is for HBP plot lines. No pre book spoilers are allowed on the board.

Thank you for all of your help with this!

This is the time we have all been waiting for!

Old 07-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is finally upon us! This is the day we've all been waiting for. Some of us will get our books at the stroke of midnight this evening while others won't get their book for days, weeks, and even months from now. The HP mods have been kindly reminding you to be considerate of those people for weeks now. Please be considerate and respectful of those around you. Mind the rules and think before you post. If you question anything you wish to say either don't post it or PM a mod to check it over. Please remember that these books are works of fiction and that what happens to the characters doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Whatever 'ships come out of this as CC instead of UC are not "better" than any other 'ship. Every poster here is a real person with real feelings, just like you. Nobody needs this book to be spoiled for them. In the event that a person wishes to know spoilers that you may or may not know, please PM the poster and do not post spoilers on the board.

Please read over the HBP Spoiler Policy & Rules, Fan Forum Rules, and Additional HP Board Rules before posting anything pertaining to HBP. Please not that avatars and signatures may NOT contain any lines, chapter graphics, or insinuations of what may have happened in the book. Even if you have read the Spoiler Policy already, please re-read it as changes may have been made since last you read it.

Please feel free to PM Kim (k46), Cara, or me (*ADARA*) if you have any questions or thoughts concerning our rules & policies.

In conclusion, anything posted that is not in accordance with our rules will be edited in an unbiased manner. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and enjoy the book!

Old 07-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Ok as some of us have copies of the book in our hands please remember to use the smile when you are discussing parts of the book.

Also remember no bashing of any other couples.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Is anybody still sailing the HMS Red Moon? I know we got blown to smithereens as a result of R/Hr, but I still the idea of Ron/Luna, even though it's not canon. There was at least one bright spot to be found in HBP; we know Ron's changed his mind about Luna, even just as friends:

"You know, she's grown on me, Luna," he [Ron] said, as they set off again for the Great Hall. "I know she's insane, but it's in a good--" (HBP, U.S. hardback edition, pg. 425)

He doesn't call her Loony anymore. A definite improvement, if nothing else.

Anyway...just thought I'd see if there's life in this thread...

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieland_dreamer
Is anybody still sailing the HMS Red Moon? I know we got blown to smithereens as a result of R/Hr, but I still the idea of Ron/Luna, even though it's not canon. There was at least one bright spot to be found in HBP; we know Ron's changed his mind about Luna, even just as friends:

"You know, she's grown on me, Luna," he [Ron] said, as the set off again for the Great Hall. "I know she's insane, but it's in a good--" (HBP, U.S. hardback edition, pg. 425)
Yeah, HBP has seemed to have blown two of my ships to smithereens, but I'm still sailing the HMS Red Moon AND the HMS Harmony! And I loved that part when Ron said that Luna was growing on him. I also like how he was interrupted before finishing his thought: "in a good way". Because whenever something's not finished or interrupted it's gotta be important, right? I think it was a JKR rule...but lately it seems she doesn't follow the subtly rule as far as ships are concerned (sorry for bitterness)

Go HMS RED MOON!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm happy there are others who still support the HMS Red Moon, even though it's fanon-based now. Ron also makes the comment in HBP that he hoped Luna would do commentary for Quidditch matches from now on. At this point, I appreciate the few R/L moments we got through OotP and HBP, even though I'm kinda bitter we were sunk before the possibility ever really had a chance.

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top