Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 10:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Question:

How did you guys come up with your thread title?

For months I've been toying with the idea of writing "Much Ado about Nothing" set in Hogwarts (I've already done "Romeo and Juliet" in Smallville), but I'm getting the feeling it's already been done. Possibly more than once.

Last edited by Crossbow; 09-08-2004 at 01:13 PM
Old 09-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Absolute Fan

I first became interested in D/Hr after reading Cassandra Claire's triology. I was reading the first part and I just got hooked on their chemistry. Then, I started to think back to the books and movies and I thought that they would be great together.

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow
Question:

How did you guys come up with your thread title?

For months I've been toying with the idea of writing "Much Ado about Nothing" set in Hogwarts (I've already done "Romeo and Juliet" in Smallville), but I'm getting the feeling it's already been done. Possibly more than once.
You can find the fic that the quote is from on the first page of the thread. It's called The Play's The Thing.

LiveJournal
Old 09-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I was actually a HG/SS shipper before I found D/Hr. While reading hg/ss fic I became more intrigued with Draco and thought that he would make a wonderful match w/ Hermione. Thus began my journey into LL land. Two of the first fics I read were We'll Always Have Paris and Their Room
Old 09-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefy
I first became interested in D/Hr after reading Cassandra Claire's triology. I was reading the first part and I just got hooked on their chemistry. Then, I started to think back to the books and movies and I thought that they would be great together.
I loved Cassandra Clair's version of Draco and D/Hr, but I can't see anything between canon Draco and Hermione.

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefy
You can find the fic that the quote is from on the first page of the thread. It's called The Play's The Thing.
Thanks, I'll look at that fic.

I'm webmistress of a fic site, and someone submitted a Harry Potter story called "Much Ado About Nothing," but so far it hasn't had any references to the actual play. It's Hermione/Dumbledore. (Yes, really.)

ETA -

Hm. "The Play's the Thing" has them doing the play. So, it's not exactly the same thing I was going to do, but close.

My own idea was to set the actual plot of "Much Ado" at Hogwarts, and Draco and Hermione are the most obvious choices for the lead characters ("Is it possible disdain should die when she hath such meet food to feed it?"), but there are some technicalities that just aren't working out ("Indeed, my lord; he lent it me a while and I gave him use for it, a double heart for a single one").

Last edited by Crossbow; 09-08-2004 at 01:15 PM
Old 09-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow! I've noticed that a lot of us actually read We'll Always Have Paris and Their Room and turned us into LLer's.

Jayta: Don't be sad. I miss you!

I believe I have yet to read that fic, The Play's the Thing.

Everyone!

Old 09-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was a Ron/Hermione shipper at first (but not that much, 'cause I always like they as friends better), so I read a Dr/Hr fic... and here I am! I really like the whole bad boy/good girl thing, and those two are just too HOT together.

FICS - Like Sunnyolaf, I'll read any Dr/Hr as long as it is well written. I really like the angst ones - but I confess that I rather happy endings -, lots of love/hate moments, UST, arguments, irony, Smart-Ass!Draco, Smug!Draco, Evil!Draco, Prat!Draco, Hot!Draco ... (well, and there's nothing better than a well written dialog followed by a well written make out moment hehehe).

Favorites...
- Adamo Fidelitas (IMHO one of the best fics ever including other fandoms... if you'are older enogh, you have to read it) - WIP -
- Playing with a Dragon's Fire (GREAT GREAT GREAT FIC... The first time that I've cried reading a fic, I was reading this one)
- The God of the Lost (the most canon I've read, really good plot, lots of bad boy!Draco) - WIP -
- The Cabin
- Their Room

Well, that's it... (PS: sorry if a wrote anything wrong... You know, the grammar and spelling... my english sucks...)

-- Vivi
Old 09-08-2004, 06:19 PM
New Fan

I'll have to checks those fics out..
Old 09-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

I have to say that I'm a LL. I don't know why, but D/Hr has always drawn me to it.

Could I be added to the list?
Old 09-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Total Fan

For some reason until today I had never read We'll Always Have Paris. I think I'm about half way through with it right now.

Does anyone reread fics that they enjoyed. Just cause I often find myself doing that. Some of them are just so good that I can't get enough.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ViviLit
Favorites...
- Adamo Fidelitas (IMHO one of the best fics ever including other fandoms... if you'are older enogh, you have to read it) - WIP -
- Playing with a Dragon's Fire (GREAT GREAT GREAT FIC... The first time that I've cried reading a fic, I was reading this one)
- The God of the Lost (the most canon I've read, really good plot, lots of bad boy!Draco) - WIP -
- The Cabin
- Their Room
Words could not describe how much I Adamo Fidelitas. I'm constantly on the lookout for an update and have read the chapters she has up wy too many times.

The God of the Lost is a fic that I'm a bit torn on. I love her writing style, plot and charactization (badboy!draco)... it just seems a bit slow at times. It's more than likely my impatience to get thm together.

Their Room is just classic to me. I hold it up a lil higher since it's one of the fics that brought me to LL love.

I haven't read The Cabin or Playing with a Dragon's Fire. Both have been recommended to me on countless occasions, but for some reason I've never moved forward to read them.

I'm also a bit relucant to read the famous triology by Cassandra Claire.

And let me just say, I'm a sucker for good girl/bad boy fics as well. Nothing beats the bad boy image.

Welcome Anna-Liisa!

Of course we miss you jayta. How could we not?!

Sunnyoalf: I always re-read fics I enjoy. One especially is Once Upon a Thyme
Old 09-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Where is this famous triology by Cassandra Claire, I don't believe i've read it before. Anyone have a link?
Old 09-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~
Where is this famous triology by Cassandra Claire, I don't believe i've read it before. Anyone have a link?
The link to the Trilogy and Alternate scene is here I love the first one the most and I stopped reading the whole trilogy right before it got really Draco/Ginny and Harry/Hermione. Cassandra is one of the best fanfic writers out there, IMO.

Welcome Anna-Liisa
icon *
Old 09-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Addicted Fan

I didn't like the first one much - I like them better as they go on. She spends far too much time on long desctiptions in the first two, and she has a TON of stuff - in one case, an entire plotline - that are "borrowed" from other writers without giving credit. I think they get better as they go on.

Spoiler for Draco Veritas:

As of the end of Chapter 14, Hermione still has a thing for Draco.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Hermione/Dumbledore? Eeep. I love UC, but sometimes the line is crossed. Like that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow
My own idea was to set the actual plot of "Much Ado" at Hogwarts, and Draco and Hermione are the most obvious choices for the lead characters ("Is it possible disdain should die when she hath such meet food to feed it?"), but there are some technicalities that just aren't working out ("Indeed, my lord; he lent it me a while and I gave him use for it, a double heart for a single one").
I'd read it! Putting that last quote aside, I do think that they are remarkably suited to the roles. Just rewrite cannon. Rewrite it well and I won't tell anyone.

Katie
Old 09-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Master Fan

teehee!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top