Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

The caption just came into my head as I saw that pic. Arthur looked so serene while Harry looked as if he just being Stunned. I imagine Mr Weasley was saying that in a very cheerful voice, just to freak the boy up.

Quote:
And Ginny is one hard temptation to resist
Oh, yeah... That's why Harry has a chest monster.

Vote Bonnie Wright || Harry ღ Ginny || icon: enchantingicons
Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

That'll just encourage Harry and Ginny to get together more. I think by that time they did the dirty deed.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndrider (View Post)
The caption just came into my head as I saw that pic. Arthur looked so serene while Harry looked as if he just being Stunned. I imagine Mr Weasley was saying that in a very cheerful voice, just to freak the boy up.

Oh, yeah... That's why Harry has a chest monster.
I think by the time they get married, the monster would have spawned its own children as well LOL
"They say nothing lasts forever; will you be my 'nothing'?"
Old 02-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJJ1588 (View Post)
That'll just encourage Harry and Ginny to get together more. I think by that time they did the dirty deed.
We'll never know. They're very private people. That's why we have fanfics. And endless imagination.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

yeah, haven't read any of those fanfics.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Total Fan

I snagged one of those awesome animated icons from the last thread to use
on another board and the picture won't change. It's the one like alxndrjosephine has only it says Happiness and show H/G about to kiss. It won't change off the word Happiness.
Dan wishing me Happy birthday =WIN!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJJ1588 (View Post)
They're all over the place, well in SIYE and LiveJournal at least. I don't have an idea for the other fanfic sites.

Quote:
I snagged one of those awesome animated icons from the last thread to use on another board and the picture won't change. It's the one like alxndrjosephine has only it says Happiness and show H/G about to kiss. It won't change off the word Happiness.
Really? Shocks.. anyone else having the same problem? Does it play properly on your PC/laptop?
"They say nothing lasts forever; will you be my 'nothing'?"
Old 02-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxndrjosephine (View Post)
Really? Shocks.. anyone else having the same problem? Does it play properly on your PC/laptop?
Mine are fine on my laptop.

Quote:
You're joking, right?

Just want to post this before I go:

OMG Still makes me grin like an idiot!

Last edited by wyndrider; 02-08-2009 at 02:54 AM
Old 02-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Extreme Fan

^ It should always be posted in all the Leo's and H/G Couple's threads
Old 02-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Cant wait for a hi res version.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHH (View Post)
I can see this too. I think Ginny's got Arthur tied around her little finger and Molly's really soft where Harry is concerned. It would actually make an interesting fic.
I think this too. I think Molly bends over backwards for Harry. I can actually see something happening where Harry and Ginny get in trouble and Molly blames Ginny entirely for it and doesn't blame Harry at all. She did that with the twins and Ron with the flying car. I think Molly and Ginny probably clash a lot.

Ginny and Arthur though...I think they have a good relationship. She does have him wrapped around her finger, but she also respects him. Ginny finally agreed to stay in the RoR at the end of DH because of a look from her father. She wouldn't listen to Molly or her brothers, but she listened to Arthur.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldflames (View Post)
I think this too. I think Molly bends over backwards for Harry. I can actually see something happening where Harry and Ginny get in trouble and Molly blames Ginny entirely for it and doesn't blame Harry at all. She did that with the twins and Ron with the flying car. I think Molly and Ginny probably clash a lot.

Ginny and Arthur though...I think they have a good relationship. She does have him wrapped around her finger, but she also respects him. Ginny finally agreed to stay in the RoR at the end of DH because of a look from her father. She wouldn't listen to Molly or her brothers, but she listened to Arthur.
I noticed that too! Ginny has a wonderful relationship with her father. Most people assumed Ginny only stayed in the RoR because of Harry, but it was her father who had the final word. Maybe she looked to her father at Grimmauld Place to stay for the meeting.

Arthur is one of my favorite characters. He comes off as a fun-loving dad in the first 4 books, but when Voldemort comes back, he becomes the most sensible male adult in Harry's life, aside from Dumbledore of course. He's Harry's only realistic father figure.

Last edited by KJJ1588; 02-08-2009 at 12:44 AM
Old 02-08-2009, 12:46 AM
CHH
Extreme Fan

When it comes to Ginny and Arthur's relationship, he probably let Molly handle the discipline and let Ginny get away with more than he'd have let any of the boys. Despite that, I think Ginny learned early that when her father made a parenting decision, it was best not to argue. I also think Ginny is more inclined to listen to her father when he does take a hard line with her because it doesn't happen often.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think she learned to listen to her father after the incident with the Riddle Diary. Now she see's why she should never trust anything that thinks for itself but you can't see where the brain is. Or something like that.

I think Arthur becomes more disciplinary when the kids take a more serious offense, such as Fred tranfiguring Ron's teddy bear into a spider. Rowling basically stated that Arthur gave Fred a major ass whipping.

Arthur also saw fit to "warn" Harry about Sirius Black. He believed Harry would have handled it. I am sure Harry appreciated it. May also give another clue on how Ginny is with her father. He may have felt she was ready to take on things.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

To everything you guys said about Ginny and her relationship with her father.

I guess when it comes to Harry & Ginny relationship and how they handle it, Arthur would trust both of them to be responsible about it. I think he would only interfere when he think they might cross the line a.k.a threatening Harry with Molly.

Neh, he'll be really cool about his daughter's relationship with Harry. But yes, Ginny would not cross her father when it comes to serious matter, nor would Harry. I think the fact that Arthur took into consideration and took time to investigate when Harry told his suspicious about Draco in HBP while everyone else did not agree with him put Arthur higher into Harry's list. This was this man who trusted him and he would everything within his power not to break this trust.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top