Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

If you could ONLY pick ONE couple to end up together, which one would you choose? #2

Lets continue the discussion..

I will post the question again...

If JK called you up tomorrow and gave you the opportunity to pick ONE couple that will end up together at the end of the series, which one would you choose? No fair in picking two or three. The point here is to determine the favorite couple.. What one couple would you burn with joy to see together in the end?

Post away!

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Last edited by Caradeangel; 09-22-2004 at 10:09 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:38 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

Carry on now

Last edited by Ben; 06-27-2004 at 06:36 PM
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:43 AM
Passionate Fan

i love how jk rowling has built up Ginny's character over the books. i especially liked her interaction with Harry in book 5. I am hoping he will realise how great she is in book 6.
however my favorite and longest ship is Ron/Hermion i am 99.9% sure they will get together but if its any concelation to the Harry/Hermione shippers, i am usually wrong.

Logan: You're so cute. Listen I'll get you for this. I will.
mad 4 it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:07 AM
Extreme Fan

My friends and I are absolutely certain that Ron and Hermione will end up together. Harry will be with someone too, but we haven't quite figured out who it will be yet.

Ron & Hermione

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Go Huskers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Harry and Hermione.

I am absolutely certain that they will end the series, as will my second favourite couple of Neville and Ginny. Now that is not to say that Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny won't date...I guarantee you that they will. But these relationships are harmless teenage romances (crushes) NOT the real thing. Harry and Hermione epitomize what love is, as will Neville and Ginny.

For those of you who just don't get Harry and Hermione, I'll repost something I posted on the 'Couples' board:

In a life and death situation, Harry always knows where Hermione is, and is the one to protect her -- not Ron. My favourite moment in OOTP is when the six kids are surrounded by death eaters and Harry yells "NOW!" and they all smash the shelves and turn to run....however, Harry felt the need -- instinctively -- to grab and pull Hermione along with him, to protect her. None of the other kids are described grabbing hold of someone else. Only Harry is described grabbing Hermione -- notice it's NOT Ron who felt the need to protect Hermione -- it's Harry. In fact, Ron lost track of his 'supposed' love Hermione and his other best friend Harry during the escape....very telling.

In a dangerous situation with his closest friends, Harry chose to protect Hermione above any of the others, and more importantly, he chose to protect her above himself. The others are described as holding their arms over their heads to protect themselves from the falling glass and chunks of wood. For Harry however, he has one hand SECURELY on Hermione and the other arm is sheltering himself....which means he's leaving himself unprotected because he can't use his wand -- you see Hermione shouting defensive spells, but not Harry....his hand is 'full' of something very important to him:

OOTP, Ch.35 "Beyond the Veil"
He seized a handful of Hermione's robes and dragged her forwards, holding one arm over his head as chunks of shelf and shards of glass thundered down upon them.
I totally agree,even though I have no idea whether it'll turn up to be H/Hr in the end,but there are interesting hints implying that.

More than Harry acknowledges,or Hermione,there is a bond between those two that transcends simple friendship.Not only is she the most powerful witch that he will need more than anyone else when it'll come to defeat Voldemort,or at least,to stay alive,but more than this,she is the only one he listens to when his anger starts taking control of his mind and reason.She has that unique capacity to calm him down when he needs it the most,and I loved OOTP for showing that:when he's back from visiting Mr Weasley at the St Mungo's hospital,believing he caused his nearly death,Hermione is the one who knows how to handle him,and that's the first thing she does when she arrives at Sirius's place.When Harry thinks Sirus is in grave danger,she makes him understand how important it is for him listen to his brain rather than his heart and so he does try to look at Sirus's place through the fire.
There are countless times where that sort of thing happens between Harry and Hermione.It's like she thinks for him when his anger overwhelmes him.In the end,it'll always come down to Hermione's opinion when Harry is in need of an urgent and important advice.Like JKR said,he badly needs her and even if,for the moment,there doesn't seem to be any 'sexual tension' or any hint to a romantical relationship between them,that doesn't,in any way,mean that there won't be in the future.I certainly hope so considering all the things I've said before.

Now,I have no idea,as I said,how it'll all turn out,but I really,really hope JKR'll make Harry realize Hermione's everything he's always wanted and needed.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My ultimate pick would go to H/G, closely followed by R/Hr.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

SpySyd: Very good post and I completely agree with you. There is definitely more to the H/Hr relationship when you take the time to notice it. Hermione is becoming more and more important - almost essential - to Harry.
-Delilah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Passionate Fan

i don't want to start an argument here but i honestly believe that Harry/Hermione's relationship will remain platonic. In fact i've always thought Harry and Hermione are more like brother and sister.
As said above Harry always seems to protect her (like a brother) and when Hermione gives him advice about Cho in OOTP she is not jealous at all.
In GOF neither Harry or Hermione are uncomfortable with the daily prophet reports about them being together. Surely both would have had a bigger reaction to it if they actually had feelings for each other.
There is so much trust between them, but no heat whatsoever.
Also I know the films are not the same as the books but i don't think Rowling would have allowed some of the Ron Hermione scenes if it wern't going anywhere, because there were definately more hints at a Ron/Hermione romance brewing than a Harry/Hermione one.

I agree that Hermione knows how to calm him down but i think Ginny is one of the few characters who don't let him get away with his tantrums. She seems to refuse to feel sorry for him. These two would make a perfect couple. However i think that Jk might put Harry with Luna she provides Harry with humour and escapism from all the complications and difficulties he must face.

Logan: You're so cute. Listen I'll get you for this. I will.
mad 4 it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:58 PM
New Fan

I agree that Hermione is becoming more and more important to Harry-- just in the same way that my sister is important to me, or my best friend is important to me. He badly needs her, but in a platonic, almost familial way. He's never had any siblings or family that he truly cares about, and I think that's what Ron and Hermione are for him--family. Yes, she is there to calm him down, yes he sticks up for her and worries about her welfare...isn't that what best friends do?

She's there to support him, and to stick by him. I do the same with my best friend, and with my family. Just because she's important to him doesn't necessarily mean that he's [B]in love/[B] with her, just that he loves her. In fact, I honestly think that they're completely platonic and staying that way.

But hey, guess we'll have to wait and see eh?
whirrled_peas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Just because she's important to him doesn't necessarily mean that he's in love with her, just that he loves her
I never said he already was in love with her,nor is she with him...yet? .I just sense a deep connection between them that I think goes beyond simple friendship.

Quote:
i think Ginny is one of the few characters who don't let him get away with his tantrums
True,but,she's not the only one.Hermione is not afraid of his reactions anymore...unlike Ron,for example.

Quote:
Hermione is becoming more and more important - almost essential - to Harry.
Yep

Thanks Wilpen and -Delilah-!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Going with Harry/Hermione.

Everyone's made excellent points.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:35 PM
clm
Loyal Fan

well while they are all vaild points i'm a die hard sidekicker so i have to go with my ship of choice-

Ron and Hermione!
:hp_ron: :hp_hermione:

Icon: girls_are_weird
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm for Harry/Hermione and Harry/Ginny. But more for Harry and Hermione. When I was reading OotP I notice that I think there is something there.

I have a group for friends. Me, another girl and her boyfriend. We do everything together. We are really close friends. But me and her boyfriend vicker some what like R and Hr, not as intense, but there would never be anything there cause there is just nothign there, even though a lot of people think so. But even before her and the guy started going out you would of never thought that something could be there. Cause we were all close friends before they started too. But as soon as he realized that there was something there to give it a try, they fit perfectly together it's amazing, even though before people thought it wouldn't work.

Ok well that's why I'm all for H/Hr, cause it's just perfect match waiting to be noticed.

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." -- Walter Bagehot
ToFuJello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Extreme Fan

The Great Debate

It's fun to come in here and read everyone's perspectives on this "very important issue". People are very passionate about their couples! As stated above, I'm pulling for Ron and Hermione. However, I have accepted the fact that I am going to have to wait and see what happens.

I kind of have a theory that Ron and Hermione will end up together and Harry and Ginny will end up together. How have I come to this conclusion? The HP books carry several themes, but what always seems to stick out most to me is the theme of Loyalty, Love and Family . If my theory is correct, then Ron, Hermione, and Harry will forever remain together as a family. I've always seen the Weasley's as one of the moral centers of the HP story. They're the loving family that Harry never had and the magical family that Hermione never had. (I realize that Harry and Hermione both love their biological parents very much.)

I guess, long term, I'm saying that I think Harry and Hermione will marry into the Weasley family. This is the conclusion I've come to based on what I've read so far and how I've interpreted certain themes and character developments.

On a more bizarre note...........one of my friends is CONVINCED that Harry and Hermione will not end up together because it will be revealed that they are actually siblings!! That's a little too Star Wars for me, so I'm not buying it.

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!

Last edited by Go Huskers!; 06-30-2004 at 08:25 AM
Go Huskers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Re: The Great Debate

Quote:
Originally posted by LovingNate&Hales
On a more bizarre note...........one of my friends is CONVINCED that Harry and Hermione will not end up together because it will be revealed that they are actually siblings!! That's a little too Star Wars for me, so I'm not buying it.
That is pretty bizarre. How could that be? How would her parents and Harry's even know each other?
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top