Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

hey have we already discussed HBP!Ron? 'cause if not, we should
Old 09-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes Laura we should. But where to start? How about the cool fact that he was in the thick of the death eater fight at the end and obviously held his own without injury. Just goes to show us how much he's grown and matured and despite what some people think he proved to be a true Gryffindor that doesn't rely on Harry to save him.

On the Driving Lessons front: Did everyone know that his character was given a name finally? Ben. How cute is that? And the film is currently in post-production. So hopefully we'll get to see it soon.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat
Yes Laura we should. But where to start? How about the cool fact that he was in the thick of the death eater fight at the end and obviously held his own without injury. Just goes to show us how much he's grown and matured and despite what some people think he proved to be a true Gryffindor that doesn't rely on Harry to save him.
Exactly.I was really pleased with that. why? like you said, Ron can hold his own and yes without Harry or Hermione.I noticed that alot of people think that Ron isn't capable of much, magic-wise, since Harry always had powerful magic abilities and Hermione, being the study nerd she is(love her for it ofcourse!)knows alot of spells and therefore is capable of doing alot of magic. yes okay Ron might not be as powerful as Harry or as smart as Hermione but when the time comes, when it's needed he will use some heavy mojo(magic i mean by that) and he CAN! so i'm glad JK pointed that out.

will post an huge rant about HBP!Ron in a few minutes!!!

Quote:
On the Driving Lessons front: Did everyone know that his character was given a name finally? Ben. How cute is that? And the film is currently in post-production. So hopefully we'll get to see it soon.
aaawwwwww Ben!! i have a 9 year old nephew named Ben!! awwwwwwww!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

ah, ron weasley. i love him. he's so flippin awesome i can't even stand it!
Old 09-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

*begin rant*
okay Ron in HBP.Wow.It may not seem that Ron matured in this book but he did. The whole Lavender business was to me unexpected but needed for Ron to grow emotionally and to show us clearly how Hermione feels towards him.
Now the whole Lavender/Ron 'relationship' happened(imo) for two main reasons.The Ginny argument and Hermione.

He had a big argument with Ginny who pointed out that he has no experience in kissing/dating whatsoever. This coming from a younger sister who does have dating experience.It also happened infront of Harry, his best mate. On top of that he finds out that Hermione kissed Viktor, which leads him to question whether or not she's still writing to Viktor since they're just 'friends'.

Then he spends the next few days brooding over these events which leads to bad performance during quidditch practices. But Harry's lucky potion trick showed Ron that he really is good at quidditch but then Hermione accuses Harry of using the lucky potion 'cause she thinks Ron couldn't have played that well without the potion which comes across to Ron as her not believing in him. I think this is also the reason why Ron hasn't made a move on Hermione before. His insecurity.He feels like he's not good enough for her or maybe that she thinks he's not good enough for her.

Did he use Lavender? In some way he did but not intentionally.I think she approached him after the game and flirted with him, complimenting him and so on. She made him feel better about himself. He couldn't have Hermione so why not go out with someone who likes him? The problems arise when he realizes two things. The first is that Hermione is jealous. He has to re-think that situation. He was wrong about Hermione's feelings. The second is that Lavender is obviously more serious about him than he is about her.

Growing up and maturing is a step by step process and this was a huge step for Ron. He learned things from this experience. He learned things about himself and the people around him. He realized that he wasn't happy with just a "physical" relationship. He wants more than that and he couldn't have that with Lavender because he just doesn't feel that way about her. He realized that it was possible for him to have a relationship with Hermione - she does have feelings for him. He became more confident in himself and his self esteem improved.

Ron still has some maturing to do. Yes, he should have just broken up with Lavender but he was stuck in a bad situation because of his own actions. I think he was trying to get her to break up with him because he didn't want to hurt her by telling her the reasons he started going out with her in the first place. At that point, he had realized that he didn't start going out with her because he liked her. He would have done the same thing with any girl who had flirted with him after that game. He didn't want to tell Lavender that.*end of rant*
Old 09-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

New photo of Ron and Hermione in GoF in the current issue of Nintendo magazine.

Old 09-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Emo Kids Are Cool. added you my dear!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

thanks laura, i appretiate it!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

Hey hey hey!

Laura my sweet bitchy add me to the list!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

added you my lovely whore
Old 09-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oº°‘¨Laura¨‘°ºO
added you my lovely whore
thx sweetie!! I love you

Old 09-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

You guys are hilarious.

More of those bases/icons of Rupert filming Driving Lessons.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

aww love ya too hun héhéh

oooeehh snagging a few artist!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Awesome icons, artist ! Rupert looks great!
Old 09-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

yes Rupert is indeed the hotness....
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top