Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hufflepuff Common Room: Because We're Just and Loyal

Welcome to the Hufflepuff Common Room!

Helga Hufflepuff

What is a Hufflepuff?

Hufflepuff is one of the four Houses of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Its founder was the medieval witch Helga Hufflepuff. The Head of Hufflepuff is Pomona Sprout. The Fat Friar is the House's patron ghost. Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses, valuing hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its members. Its emblematic animal is the badger, and yellow and black are its colours.

Credit

Our honorary Hufflepuffs:

Helga Hufflepuff
Fat Friar
Hengist of Woodcroft
Bridget Wenlock
Artemisia Lufkin
Grogan Stump
Newton "Newt" Scamander
Pomona Sprout
Nymphadora Tonks
Cedric Diggory
Zacharias Smith
Justin Finch-Fletchley
Ernie Macmillan
Hannah Abbott
Susan Bones
Leanne

Hufflepuffs:

1. JOCfan1997
2. Just Tracy
3. L i N d $ @ y
4. EllsBells
5. DevotedFanOfMatt
6. - bad romance -
7. hilarie.love
8. s e r e n i t y
9. ale-la-pazza1
10. eleonor
11. eMGee
12. gigilove
13. Zizi718
14. China Tequilia
15. **Anja**
16. baelfire24

~Fly~Jars of Clay

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 07-10-2013 at 11:40 PM
Old 11-23-2003, 05:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Yay! I've been waiting for someone to start this! Every single time I do one of those Sorting quiz things I get Hufflepuff so I guess that's who I am now, huh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Can I be added to the list please? Can I have "Hufflepuff and my number on the list" in my sig?

So, what do we like do in this thread?
Old 11-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I added you! I think you have to put your # in your sig yourself...I'm not really sure about that.

As for what we do...just talk about stuff? I might have to spy on some of the other common rooms to see what they are doing.

~Fly~Jars of Clay
Old 11-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JOCfan1997:

As for what we do...just talk about stuff? I might have to spy on some of the other common rooms to see what they are doing.
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Okay.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmmm, the Gryffindors just seem to talk about different things....

*runs off to spy on other common rooms*

The Ravenclaws are discussing fav. Ravenclaw characters and the Slytherins seem to be up to Slytherin-like things. So I think we can pretty much do whatever we want.

[ 11-23-2003: Message edited JOCfan1997 ]

~Fly~Jars of Clay
Old 11-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Passionate Fan

JOC Glad to see u started this room cya around
Old 11-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

can i be added to the list too? if i don't cheat and follow my heart ( [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ), i'm really a hufflepuff. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi GUYS!

Another fellow Hufflepuff here. Can I be added to the list.

So what should we talk about?

Shoes? Broomsticks? Earwax flavoured Beans?

Ell xxx
Old 11-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Sorry to leave you guys hanging. You should know first what my intentions for having the Common Rooms opened up again. It’s simple, really. All I had in mind when I started the Sorting Thread was that the Common Rooms would be a place where posters can come in and actually befriend other posters. Much like what we have in the Shipper and Appreciation threads, but in a broader sense. Just like actually being sorted into a house, there would be a sense of belonging, a sense of pride, and a sense of community. I was hoping this would tempt the lurkers to actually post and join in the conversations. I was anticipating some OT-ness, but not a lot.

Well, I am trying to come up with general “guidelines” for all the CR’s that’s already been established here. I don’t want this to go to waste, I think that Common Rooms would be a great part of this board, and I want all of us to be headed in the same direction. If you have any ideas, comments, or suggestions, PLEASE PM me. I really want to hear from you guys.

Discussions about Gryffindors other than the trio are welcome in the GCR. Speculations about all the SLytherins being like Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle are welcome at the SCR. Speculations on what will happen to the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff houses are welcome since we don’t really know much about them. Who knows? Maybe we can even find a way to actually give out “house points” and deduct them if there’s misbehavior or the likes. Maybe we can even play Quidditch now that we actually have houses to which the posters belong to!

I would really like to ask for everyone’s full cooperation here. As you all know, I’m all alone here, Ben had to deal with RL for a while. And as much as I’d want to, I can’t be here as much as I could before. So please. Help me out a little?

Thank you for reading this, I am looking forward to those PM’s.
Din
Old 11-25-2003, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

no worries, din! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] i like to speculate about the slytherins in particular. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JOCfan1997:
<STRONG>Hmmmm, the Gryffindors just seem to talk about different things....

*runs off to spy on other common rooms*

[ 11-23-2003: Message edited JOCfan1997 ]</STRONG>

*points and shrieks*

Spy....SPY!

wyatt: how exactly did i die again?
me: beeker shoved a huge snake fang through your diary
wyatt: my WHAT?
Old 11-25-2003, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Anyone is welcome to join, provided they are not a member of any other House yet. You can only belong to one House, young wizards and witches in training!
*For the newbies on our forum, or the board for that matter, anyone can start the continuation thread provided the previous thread has reached 250 posts. You do not have to wait for the mods to close it, because we will see the new one and close the past thread for you.
*The Common Rooms should be a place where everyone can enjoy and have fun! Someone suggested roleplaying, but with a twist. See, instead of roleplaying someone from the books, you yourself will be roleplaying YOU! How that works? You basically incorporate your own dealings, as if you are in the Hogwarts common room, with the rest of the students.
*If all else fails, we will just have to revert to discussing matters about each house (including characters, professors, classes, theories and speculations, minus spoilers). Remember, each house is different, ergo unique. There will be a many different number of personalities in the houses, and it will be really awesome to see how the dynamics will take effect here.
*These Houses will serve as your *home* here in the Harry Potter Board. I understand we have many shipper and appreciation threads, in which you have formed alliances with other posters, but here, it will be a semi-different atmosphere, as you may get to chat with other posters who do not post at the other threads you frequent here on the board.
*Oldbies, here's your chance to help the newbies be integrated into the wonderful board of Harry Potter. So, to all the newbies, please do not hesitate to ask questions, and please do not be offended if someone reminds you of the rules/quidelines here on the forums. Hopefully, at the very least, you will come out of the HP Board knowing that you've got *friends*, or even better, *families*.
*We will try to think of a way on how to make these Common Rooms as real as they can get. Which will also have Ben and I be able to give out or deduct House Points to any of the Houses. Maybe play Quidditch too, hopefully. Which will encourage House pride, and a sense of togetherness. Healthy competition is encouraged.
*Remember, no personal attacks on any of the actors, characters, or posters.
*Ben and I will be posting announcements on all the CR's. That means that whatever you see posted here will also be posted on the three remaining CR's, verbatim. No need to say we're biased or something to that effect just because we belong in a certain house as well. Keep in mind, you may very well lose House Points if you do not conduct yourself properly.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

okie-dokie! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

bear in mind the announcement everyone! healthy competition. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ravenclaws...eat your heart out! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2003, 08:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LittleLove7N:
<STRONG>

*points and shrieks*

Spy....SPY!</STRONG>
*snerk* I mean, I'm not a spy, honest.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Well, everyone who is celebrating it.

~Fly~Jars of Clay
Old 11-28-2003, 01:08 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, Happy Turkey Day. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hufflepuff will always have a special place in my heart, as Rupert said he'd be in this house, if not Gryffindor. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]