Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2004, 01:16 PM
New Fan

What Do You Want To See In Book 6?

Remaking this thread as the Official HBP discussion thread. Spoilers may exist and especially come July 16th. So be warned!

~Ben

--------------------
--------------------

Harry Potter 6(rumoured titles include Harry Potter and the Alchemists Cell and Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat) is not due out for a while, but what would you like to see in it?
One thing that interests me is to learn more about wizards from outside of Britain(maybe have a foreign DADA teacher this time). I also think there needs to be a major development in the war on Voldemort. Don't save all the big revelations for Book Seven.
And while this final thing is not really relevant to the Voldemort stuff, I would like to know more about Hermione's life before being sent to Hogwarts. How did the Ministry tell her she was a wizard? Where do her parents tell other people she is all year? Did she have any close friends before Hogwarts, and what does she tell them. Just a few thoughts of mine.

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Last edited by Ben; 12-21-2004 at 09:05 PM
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Firstly i want to see a well developed story that is consistantly leading somewhere. I was amazed from 1-4 at but book 5 seemed undeveloped somehow?! Maybe it's just me.
I want to see more of luna I think she's a great character! And Ginny too!
More interaction between harry/Draco and Harry/Snape. Often i find those to be the most entertaining!
I don't want to dislike harry like i did in ootp!
I want Voldemort, Petigrew and Ballatrix to be our central villains. Please JKR don't waste anymore paper on Umbridge, Unless she is vital to the end!
I'd also love there to be more Ron/Hermione banter.

Logan: You're so cute. Listen I'll get you for this. I will.
mad 4 it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't really want to think about anything in the 6th book, cuz i love being astonished when i read it one of those books [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img], But i think i'd like to see more Ron and Herlmione interaction or something like that

Quote:
Maybe it's just me.
No me too, i though that the fifth book was kinda, I don't know, loose <<< is this word properly used ??

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Cite Des Anges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wizarding colleges. They can't all go to vocational schools...
Old 02-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

These are the things that come to my mind at this moment:

-A more relaxed Harry. I want him to deal with Sirius's death in a good way, for his own good.
-More of Lupin.
-More of Luna.
-More of Bill Weasley. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
-More of Fred and George.
-More interaction between Harry and Hermione.

Among other things.

Sharon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Well lets see...

*I too really want to see more of Bill, especially with Fleur
*I would like to spend less time on the Quidditch pitch, unless Ron becomes a force to be reconed with
*I would like to spend more time with Ginny
*I would like to see more of Remus.
*Less of Dumbly's heart felt chats in his office
*Less time on/in Harry's dreams
*More trio time or Harry secretly watching Ron and Hermione time
*Yes, deffinently more time on Remus
*A LOT LESS TIME WITH HAGRID! He may be half-giant but he is giant-size-annoying!
*A little bit more with Luna, maybe she is spending time with Ginny and Harry is torn between the two, though not really because he actually loves Ginny! And Luna is actually interested in Ron! Duh! Who wouldn't be?

"Hermione, let me have a pinch, go on, it can't hurt" - Ron (OotP)

Last edited by Kilikena Miki; 12-22-2004 at 01:54 AM
Kilikena Miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi,

I want to see Harry happy... Please JKR do something about it and soon

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

(my 1st time in this board...)

estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

- More book 5!Ginny. She was cool.
- More interaction between Harry and Snape
- Some info on Lily.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:24 AM
JP
New Fan

The main thing I want in book 6 is more Ron (especially more Ron and Hermione). I thought there was a serious lack of Ron in book 5, and that is something I would really like to change.

I am also really looking forward to seeing Ron's after-effects with his run-in with the brain. I think that it may turn into a very important storyline.

Lastly, I want to see the last of book 5 Harry. Granted he has never been my favorite character, but I have never disliked him until book 5. His attitude made him seem like a WB show reject with all the angst. And the way he was to everyone, while I understood to a degree, was unacceptable. No one should ever be rooting against the hero of the story, and by the end of OOTP I was rooting for Voldy. I want to like Harry again [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I want book 6 to be more concise! there was so much in there that seemed ..not really that important. Maybe it's for the future books..

I want to see more of Dumbledore's Army! I loved how the kids teamed up together and were actually learning things and doing something that was outside the trio! (as much as I love them)

I want Ron and Hermione to also develop as characters... after book 4 I was a little disappointed that characterwise... they were still pretty much the same.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

-ron and hermione resolve whatever is them
-more harry and hermione moments...auror here!
-more of the da..loved how they were getting prepared
-more harry, ron and hermione moments with just them talking about whatever...there wasn't a lot of them in ootp
-harry to be getting over sirius's death in a good way
-remus to be around more and dumbledore
-UMBRIDGE SHOULD DIE! grrrr yeah i hated her a little bit. just a little. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:35 PM
New Fan

I want to see a more angsty Harry.

More about Luna´s life

and how Luna and Harry fall in love. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
violetzaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I forgot to add. I also want more of Dumbledore's Army. It rocked! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sharon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More of the Trio. I don't care what it is they're doing, but more of the Trio would be most welcome.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Harry to deal with Sirius' death in a healthy way.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More moments between Harry and Hermione (sorry...I'm an Auror).
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More of Luna.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Less of Ginny.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More of the Forbidden Forest. Cool stuff always happens there.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More of Ron...he was a bit scarce in the last book.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Some magical place we haven't seen yet (like how we finally "saw" the Ministry of Magic).
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Seeing Draco's new predicament.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More Invisibility Cloak action! Those are my favorites...
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More of Hermione's brain-y-ness. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] her geeky moments.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More Charms. And perhaps some Animagus action from the students.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More Fun Adolescent Moments brought to us by Raging Teenage Hormones. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The DADA Professor.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] More of Snape, McGonagall, and Dumbledore.

Sorry, got carried away. I still want to see more than what I put, but that was the best of it. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Orber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

What I hope more than anything is that they are written age appropriate. I know it’s considered children’s literature, but they are going to be 16. I don’t expect sex or anything along those lines, but considering all that they have been through/are going through I want to see some actual “growing up”/maturing. I want to feel that they are actually 16 and not 12.

I would love to read about one decent Slytherin (how can a whole group of kids be bad, it doesn’t make sense and it is kinda sad.)

I also hope they get back to Hogwarts quicker than in the 5th book, I felt like I was reading forever before they finally went back to school.

As far as characters go I really hope there is more of Ginny. She has always been one of my favorites and I would really like to see her become a larger part of the story. I would also like to see more of Draco (anytime, anywhere) I’m curious about how he will be acting now that his Dad’s in Azkaban (though I doubt he’ll be in there long). [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]