Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

Goblet movie discussion #3 - Because it'll be here before you know it!

Carry on.

I know we've still got some time until GoF is being released and I know most of you are a lot more excited about the book... but here's the place to discuss the upcoming GoF movie.
I thought we'd never finish the first GoF thread

I'll also post a cast list so we always know who has been signed on so far. There is no special order to the list, it?s not in order of appearance nor does the order have anything to do with how much I like the characters or the actors

Here it goes:

Mike Newell ........ director

Daniel Radcliffe ........ Harry Potter
Emma Watson ........ Hermione Granger
Rupert Grint ........ Ron Weasley
Robbie Coltrane ........ Rubeus Hagrid
Frances de la Tour ........ Madame Maxime
Michael Gambon ........ Albus Dumbledore
Brendan Gleeson ........ Mad-Eye Moody
Jason Isaacs ........ Lucius Malfoy
Alan Rickman ........ Professor Serveus Snape
Maggie Smith ........ Professor Minerva McGonagall
Gary Oldman ........ Sirius Black
Ralph Fiennes ........ Lord Voldemort
Stanislav Yanevski ........ Victor Krum
Katie Leung ........ Cho Chang
Robert Pattinson ........ Cedric Diggory
Clémence Poèsie ........ Fleur Delacour
Roger Lloyd-Pack ........ Barty Crouch
Predrag Bjelac ........ Igor Karkaroff
Jeff Rawle ........ Amos Diggory
David Tennant .... Barty Crouch jr.
Tom Felton ........ Draco Malfoy
Matthew Lewis ........ Neville Longbottom
Devon Murray ........ Seamus Finnigan
Jamie Waylett ........ Vincent Crabbe
Joshua Herdman ........ Gregory Goyle
Alfred Enoch ........ Dean Thomas
Chris Rankin ........ Percy Weasley
Oliver Phelps ........ George Weasley
James Phelps ........ Fred Weasley
Robert Hardy ........ Cornelius Fudge
Shirley Henderson ........ Moaning Myrtle
Timothy Spall ........ Peter Pettigrew
Mark Williams ........ Arthur Weasley
Miranda Richardson ........ Rita Skeeter
Bonnie Wright ........ Ginny Weasley
Shefali Chowdhury ........ Parvati Patil
Afshan Azad ........ Padma Patil
Angelica Mandy ........ Gabrielle Delacour
Tiana Benjamin ........ Angelina Johnson
William Melling ........ Nigel
Tolga Safer ........ Karkaroff's Aide
Louis Doyle ........ Ernie McMillan
Henry Lloyd-Hughes ........ Roger Davies
Charlotte Skeoch ........ Hannah Abbot
Robert Wilfort ........ Bozo

And something someone else just posted on another thread gave me the idea of also posting a list of release dates we have so far. Again, the list is according to IMDB.com

Country ........ Date

Germany ........ 17 November 2005
Russia ........ 17 November 2005
Switzerland ........ 17 November 2005 (German speaking region)
Thailand ........ 17 November 2005
Austria ....... 18 November 2005
Canada ........ 18 November 2005
Ireland ........ 18 November 2005
Italy ........ 18 November 2005
Poland ........ 18 November 2005
Turkey ........ 18 November 2005
UK ........ 18 November 2005
USA ........ 18 November 2005
Brazil ........ 19 November 2005
Belgium ........ 23 November 2005
Netherlands ........ 23 November 2005
Phillipines ........ 23 November 2005
Argentina ........ 24 November 2005
Portugal ........ 24 November 2005
Finland ........ 25 November 2005
Norway ........ 25 November 2005
France ........ 30 November 2005
Switzerland ........ 30 November 2005 (French speaking region)
Australia ........ 1 December 2005
Bulgaria ........ 2 December 2005
Spain ........ 2 December 2005
Czech Republic ........ 8 December 2005

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'll say this. There's a certain sweet torture in waiting for the films. They've become quite a different story from the books and a fairly different world. It's fascinating to see what "form" the filmmakers give each movie. What aspects of magic and fantasy they include. PoA had those shrunken heads (Hoodoo) and reinterpreted the Patronus as a shield of light rather than a prancing animal. Nothing touches the hippogryph in flight.

GoF seems to have added some wonderful flourishes as well. The Beauxbaton carriage, Second Task, etcetera seem to maintain the elegance that Cuaron established with PoA. With PoA, I was initially confused and annoyed with the adaptation. After seeing it a few more times trying very hard to enjoy the movie for itself, I found it to be an uplifting, relatable, fantastic adventure story. Cuaron's "Prisoner of Azkaban" reconnected me to a sense of childish wonder in the most exhilarating way - the true mark of successful fantasy. It brought me so fully into Harry's world that I felt the air and smelled the forest when he rode on Buckbeak. It was exactly the sort of experience reading used to bring me as a child. Harry deals with real life-threatening horror from abuse and neglect to age-old revenge, but he also enjoys the most exciting and illuminating experiences of any other kid. From lows to highs, his has been a very full life.

The woman in me pities Harry's trials, but the girl in me envies his marvelous adventures.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I think GOF will make the best movie action/adventure wise. I mean, this book offers so much to work with for an adventure movie. But I don't think it could be better then Cuaron'S work on POA. That movie is just plain beautiful! But I could be suprise!

Icon by me
Old 08-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks artist for the new thread!

s again. This time it's the Yule Ball!
Quote:
Alright, here it is, the moment you all have been waiting for, the Yule Ball summary.

Disclaimer: Â*I don't remember specific interactions for this scene very well.

Okay, first of all, Ron does ask Fleur to the ball. Â*This is much like in the book, you don't see him asking her, you see him in the common room later looking dazed and confused, and they explain to Harry that he asked Fleur to the Ball. Â*In the meantime, Harry had met Cho up in the owlery and asks her if she wants to go to the ball with him (really fast the first time, so she has to ask him to repeat himself). Â*She regretfully declines saying she's already going with someone (I think she does say that it's Cedric). Â*Actually, I kinda liked this sequence better than the book version because didn't Harry make her bag split or something and that's how he got her alone, or am I thinking of something else?

Okay, so when Harry sees Ron in the common room, they are a wee bit desperate. Â*This is when he asks Parvati if she will go with him. Â*Strangely, Padma is with her (in the common room), I don't know if they are both in Griffindor in the movie. Â*Anyway, they accept.I'm not sure when Ron asks Hermione to the ball if it was at this moment or if it was in the study hall scene. Anyway, Ron is pretty much in denial that she really has a date. He thinks she's making it up to prove a point.

They really don't show them getting ready for the ball too much. Ron's dress robes had arrived some time back and they look like an old tapestry sided bag that had been made into robes. They're very scruffy-looking, and there's this lace all around the edges. The boys' dress robes come with a tuxedo shirt-like dickie (you know, one of those things that just the collar and the front of the shirt that you wear under a sweater or something like that). Ron's looks like something from the 70's that would go well with a powder blue tuxedo. Harry's are just fancier looking black robes with a normal tuxedo-shirt looking dickie.

Anyway, they meet Padma and Parvati who are both wearing saris. The girls do not wear dress robes, they wear formal gowns like at prom or something. Padma is less than pleased to see Ron. The champions line up with their dates and this is when you see Hermione. Her hair is swept up with some of her curls left down and spilling over her shoulder. She does not have the elegant, smooth up-do mentioned in the book. Her gown is pink/mauve and it's, well, I can't describe it, but it doesn't look like what I had pictured. I had expected to see her in some really elegant looking evening gown, but she's got this very girly winter formal type dress. Oh well. Cho is wearing an Asian-inspired gown that is very elegant. I don't remember what Fleur was wearing.

So the champions all process in and take their spots on the dance floor. Harry looks a little out of his element. He just stands there looking nervous and Parvati has to grab his one hand and put the other one on her waist. The dance is a cute little dance, they take a few steps, switching hands, then lifting the girl up (guy: step1: holding hands with right hand, left hand on waist, step2: holding hands with left hand, right hand on waist. repeat 1 and 2, then lift girl up by the waist and turn a little and put her back down). Harry looks so awkward at first I thought he couldn't remember where to put his hands. Prof. Flitwick is directing a small orchestra. The champions are joined by everyone on the dance floor. There is no meal, or at least they don't show it. Harry and Ron and their dates end up sitting at one of the tables watching the rest of the people dance. Obviously the girls are not very pleased by this. They each get taken away by some other guy who is actually interested in them.

Hermione comes up and she is so happy, she is practically swooning. She looks like all of her wildest dreams have just come true. This is when Ron starts the argument. The argument continues out into the hall and Hermione screams at Ron that next time he should ask her first instead of as a last resort. Ron looks confused. Hermione is crying and that's the last you see of her--sitting on the steps crying while Harry and Ron go back to the dorms.

Neville does go to the ball with Ginny and they look like they are having the time of their lives. Â*

About the music. Â*After the first dance, the music has changed to some punk rock type band. Â*It is definitely not the Weird Sisters--it looks like they were all guys, although with all of the face paint and the hair and everything it was a bit difficult to tell. Â*A small bit of the Yule Ball scene looks like a music video because they are really focusing in on the band singing. Â*I did not recognize them, but someone I went to the movie with did and I recognized the name, but promptly forgot it.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great title, thanks for that it was really interesting reading
My LJ
Old 08-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

the yule ball is going to be great!!
Old 08-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

sure is
My LJ
Old 08-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm surprised they left it in.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Absolute Fan

The teaser trailer is really good. I like how it starts out with the shots of the trio growing up ... awww.

Still hoping to see a full trailer soon, though, can't wait to see more!

** 93 days until GOF **

Gee, that seems like a long time.
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

It was cool hearing commentary on GoF.

You know, I thought HBP's release date would never come soon enough, but it's already been a month!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Can't wait until this movie!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

I only see the movies, to see what they change.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Total Fan

I can't believe it's already been a month since the book came out. We have analyzed it to death at this point.
You are my signal fire.
The only resolution and the only joy,
Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyes.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathofJasmine
I can't believe it's already been a month since the book came out. We have analyzed it to death at this point.
I know, it still feels like it just came out.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Total Fan

Yeah it does. It definitely doesn't feel like a whole month has gone by.
You are my signal fire.
The only resolution and the only joy,
Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyes.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top