Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2016, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah maybe
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-30-2016, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

I might go see Alice through the Looking Glass. I miss my big head.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll watch it when I buy it on DVD. Have the 1st movie on DVD.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:09 PM
Moderator Manager

+

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

So cool!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-31-2016, 09:19 PM
Moderator Manager

This pretty much sums up Helena.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's how I feel with my love for villains. They are most of the time more interesting, with a great backstory.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Don't get me started on my love for villains and the actors that play them. In my opinion, they're the most difficult to play and that's why some actors don't want to play these roles for fear of being stereotyped. It's not a pretty sight to be an antagonist where everyone loathes you.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's true, but nowadays I am noticing that villains have a huge fanbase, which is great. Like Regina and Hook from Once Upon A Time!
Old 06-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Moderator Manager

That's true. Big credit to the actors who portray them. When I was still watching OUAT, I also liked Regina cause Lana really brought her A game to the show.

Continue to be amazing, Helena.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love it. She's great!
Old 06-03-2016, 11:44 PM
Moderator Manager

In most of her HP interviews, I do get the vibe that Helena really enjoyed playing Bellatrix.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah who doesn`t enjoy playing someone like that.
She was wonderful in that role!
Old 06-07-2016, 11:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Villains are super fun to play, I think.

Quote:
The A.V. Club: You’ve played a lot of damaged characters.

Helena Bonham Carter: Yes. They’re damaged. Definitely damaged.

AVC: Thinking specifically about characters like The Red Queen or Bellatrix Lestrange, are you drawn to those types of roles?

HBC: I definitely like damaged people. I’ve got an affection for them. My mom’s a psychotherapist, and it’s always interesting to watch why people have developed the way they have. It’s a longer journey to work out, but there isn’t really a great scheme or conceptions that I make about playing them. It’s just like, “Oh yeah, I’ll do that.” It’s also about the kids and location, but also I was lucky because [the characters] come from two great authors. They both have the scope to invent stuff. I mean, Bellatrix I milked to the hilt because I was so bored. It was great doing Harry Potter because they really look after you, but you’re stuck in a trailer for hours, and it’s only one set, but I knew I had to do something that was visually catching in order to make the kids remember me. I was given the tipoff right from the start that [Bellatrix] was not a very significant part. [My daughter] said, “It’s not a big part, but it will be significant plot wise,” so I’ve got to work out how they’ll remember me. You have to make it fun, and I knew we had to bring energy. On a big CGI film, I felt a responsibility to be fully alive and bring some energy to the set, because you can get so infected by the laboriousness of getting a shot right. It takes so long, so I was just determined to bring some fun.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yep That´s why she did it.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top