Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see what you mean.
But for me, I don't think I would have liked any one else getting her. Molly was perfect.

Besides, it was just extra brilliant hearing her say "THAT'S MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!"

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 10-24-2007, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, while I thought that line was funny, seeing anyone call Bella a bitch isn't good in my book
Old 10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see what you mean.
I wouldn't have liked anyone else just sort of killing her. Molly doing it made it a bigger deal, for me anyway.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 10-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Go Momma Molly!

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Old 10-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Very true.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecat (View Post)
Well, I wish she hadn't died, period But if I had a choice...Snape Or Harry. I just feel like they're more on her level, talent wise. I get what JK did, love IS the greatest weapon, especially a mother's love, but I think it would've been more realistic if someone with great skills in Dark Magic (or Defense Against the Dark Magic) had done it, because Bella's supposed to be the best of the best...

Killing Bella was Molly's moment to shine, awesome, good for her. I think JK's explanation makes a lot of sense, and I felt better after reading it, but the whole thing still feels out of the blue. I know Molly had the biggest motivation a mother can have, but still, she hadn't proved herself to be anything great during SIX whole books, so I have my issues with believing she'd kill someone as powerful as Bella. I'm not saying I expected Molly to do something amazing in every book, but when I think of her & magic, I can't shake the image of her crying at the sight of the boggart turning into the dead bodies of the people she loved. Honey, it was a boggart, just suck it up

Anyways, I think it made sense that Molly killed Bella, but I don't particularly enjoyed it. This comes with my problem dealing with things that are just randomly thrown at us, with no previous development or explanation - and to me, Molly's amazing magical skills came out of the blue. I don't doubt she rocks, but the fact that I haven't read a single great thing she did, magical wise, in six entire books makes me a little less accepting of the outcome. However, I do think the only reason why she managed to kill Bella was because Bella got too cocky and ended up getting distracted by something... if Bella was totally into it, she'd have kicked Molly's ass

That said, I wished either Remus or Snape had killed Bella. Preferably Remus, 'cause I ship him with her
Old 10-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Big fat word, Ana

And how weird is it that we want the person we ship her with to kill her ? I guess it's romantic, in an angsty way XD
Old 10-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, in one word: OTHELLO. I think his relationship with Desdemona is the definition of angst and romantism, and you know, he kills her in the end In Bella's case, it'd sorta be like Remus (or Snape) were... I don't know, saving her from herself? I kinda see it like that
Old 10-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That does make sense and it rocks You should totally write a fic with Bella's death rewritten (with Snape though, not Remus )
Old 10-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, I would, but it'd have to be Remus. There are such a few B/R fics out there, it's sad :/ But coming to think of it, I wouldn't. The only thing I could possibly rewrite in a heartbeat would be that epilogue It'd be insanely easy to write something better than that - but everything else? Would require a lot of thinking Plus, I'm kinda over HP right now.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know the feeling I'm not very inspired when it comes to HP lately either. I did write a Bella/Snape fic where she kills him though, a very long time ago. But I don't know where it is
Old 10-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

I'm probably going to write a fic about Rodolphus mourning over the loss of Bellatrix. I don't know why, but I want to think that Rodolphus loved Bellatrix, even if she didn't love him in return.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I do think Rodolphus loved her A lot, actually. How could anyone not love our Bella ?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, true. I mean, Rodolphus wasn't in the books so much (except he fell from a roof) but somehow I can sense that he's always been admiring her from far. Making it clear that he stood beside her and her decisions. That he appreciated her (a Honorary Faithful then? lol). I do think that Death Eaters are capable of love. Lucius and Narcissa have shown that to us.

And I love the thought of Rodolphus being a bit sad about the fact that Bella only saw Voldemort, but then again he understood her passion for the Death Eaters, so he fell back.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He totally is an Honorary Faithful

Guys, there's a song that REALLY reminds me of Bella, it's called "All the World" by a band called Fauxliage, but I can't find the lyrics anywhere I can only understand parts of it (the lady's voice is so high, everything sounds the same ) but what I do hear is like Bella taunting someone in a very disturbing and cool way "I'll feel you with sadness, make your life madness" If anyone finds the whole lyrics I'll love you forever.