Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

i wouldn't take anything to heart that jkr says..i'm just gonna wait to read books six and seven before i think that harry and hermione are doomed. even if they never happen, i'll always have lori's stories.

i don't think that harry will be quidditch captain. i'm not sure that he'd want that kind of responsibility. i mean he has the prophecy to deal with and sirius dying and all that,isn't that enough? i also don't think harry would kick ron off the team unless he turned to voldemort's side or something. haha spikearrin...i really doubt that'd happen but you're still funny.

delilah- good fanart!
Old 03-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by W:
<STRONG>
I don't know about that... I'm pretty sure it'll be Katie Bell (who, despite previous evidence on the contrary, turned out to be a sixth-year in OotP) or maybe even Ron, but at any rate not Harry. If he wasn't made prefect because he has enough on his shoulders as it is, it wouldn't make much sense naming him Captain, would it?</STRONG>

But theres a huge difference between prefect and team captian. As prefect, youre supposed to be the example, someone who follows rules. Harry was definitely not good at that. But Harrys most obvious talent is Quidditch, it is something he excels at, so if he isnt made captian, I think itll sting a lot more, and I doubt Dumblydore would want to do that.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Master Fan

Little Tiger and roswellcharmed_2000: Thanks so much. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm glad you liked it.

Harry being team captain... I'm not sure what'll happen but I'm gonna go with roswellcharmed_2000 and not worry too much about what JK has said. I think she excels at (and probably delights in) giving vague answers that can be taken to mean different things depending on how you interpret it. Just have to wait till the books come out... (which seems so long from now. *sigh*)

I'm still positive about our H/Hr! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Night all... [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited -Delilah- ]
Old 03-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

your welcome, deliliah. btw my name is shannon.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:47 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't know if Harry will be Captain, even though I want him to be. The thing is, would he contemplate taking Ron off the team if he was captain, even though Ron is showing signs of improvement?

Interceptr How is your fic going? I'm dying to read an angsty ficcy.

BY THE WAY ... WHO STUFFED UP MY PROFILE ON THE AUROR SIB LIST????

7. QueenAmidala01: QueenAmi028.

Hello????
Am An evil OLDBIE WHO WANTS BLOOD SPILT NOW!

7. QueenAmidala01: Aim: QueenAmi02 LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/teawithvoldy/

And call me Ami if you like too.

GET IT RIGHT! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited Evil_Ravenclaw ]

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited Evil_Ravenclaw ]
Old 03-07-2004, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, this thread is going by like crazy again and we've only just started!

I think JKR delights in giving us cryptic answers, answers that can be interpreted a million ways from Sunday depending on the individual. I personally interpret it as being pretty positive for a possible H/Hr hookup, but others may not. We'll never know for sure till the books come out, which at 2006 for the next one, is WAY too far away! *sigh*

Interceptr, im just the same with the references. With my two obsessions being Angel and Harry Potter i find myself referencing them all the time. For instance, just yesterday, i made 2 Angel references in less than an hour. The day before that i was walking along the street with a friend and this realy cute little girl passed us. Before i knew what i was doing i opened my mouth and blurted out "hey, that little girl looks awfully like Hermione Granger!" My friend just looked at me like id gone certifiably crazy. Which i probably am.

*looks at watch and realises she has to leave house in half an hour, but also realises she isn't even dressed yet*

Bugger, id beter dash, places to go and people to see *snorts* Yeah right, as if my lifes that interesting!

Oooh, forgot to say, whoever posted that art, it rocks! The words are perfect, thats a great song!

Ok, now i really have to go. Byeee for now Aurors!

[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 04:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, I suppose in the end all I can do is forget about every ambiguous thing JKR has ever said and read the books. That'll be a really long time from now, seeing as she hasn't even finished writing book six yet! But it's okay. I have my own personal fantasies, lovely fics, and Dan and Emma's chemistry to sustain me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

***argel***
Team Cordy� #17
"You're welome." -Cordelia Chase
Old 03-07-2004, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

Personally, I take JKRs interview as a whole to be quite Auror positive, not just the quote itself. Considering the blatant way she totally denied the possibility of D\Hr, I feel quite relieved. She could have easily said "For the last time no! Hermione has as much of a chance as dating Harry as she has Draco..." or something to that extent. The fact that she acted all ambigously annoying is quite soothing.

So my fellow Aurors, I ask you not to despair, and to retain hope! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And I think the whole initial thing is so cute. I've always had a fetish for couples that have names that start with the same letters, like Arwen and Aragorn, Ceasar and Cleopatra (although the Cs are pronounced differently, who cares?)...

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

And as for Quidditch captain, I too think that Katie bell will be Captain. She has a whole year's experience ovr Harry, and she'll now be the oldest on the team so it seems likely that she will be captain. And if the last game Ron played was a fluke and he continues to suck this year the way he did for most o 5th year, I'm sure she'd kick him off. Harry would never kick ron off, he's too loyal of a friend. Harry would rather forgoe sleep and train him over kicking him off.

And if the boys began to fight over Hermione, and Harry was captain, he still wouldn't kick Ron off. I bet it'd be along the lines of:

A) Ron and Hermione decide they like each other. Harry gets jealous. Can't stand Ron on his team, but for the sake of pride, doesn't sack him and maintains his cool.

B) Harry and Hermione decide they like each other. Ron gets jealous, plays horribly to get even at Harry, but Harry still refuses to sack him because he is probably feeling horrible that Ron is feeling horrible.

Anyways, I can't see Ron deliberately doing bad in Quidditch to get even wit Harry, since then the whole house would be pissed at him and Ron loves Quidditch and hates the Slytherins too much. But then again, if Harry doesn't sack him for playing badly, then the house will not only be mad at Ron, bt at Harry as well..

Damnit I don't know. Both A and B are way too melodramatic for me to see happening. My guess is Katies gonna eb the new Captain, Ron contines to suck after his fluke game, and Katie sacks him in favor of some former second year that just because a third year and is really good or something like that. Ginny will without a doubt play this year as well.

Aha!

Maybe if Harry is Captain, the problem will arouse not at all from Hermione, but from Ginny. This is certainly something the Dopplegangers can speculate about, unless it only turns out to be some sort of brother\sister issue that Harry gets caught in the middle of. Mybe HArry refuses to date Ginny because of his secret love for Hermione and...

Ok! Enough of this! I need to stop, or this post will become some sort of melodramatic soap Opera\anic entitled "Love...and Quidditch" or something equally silly.

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

I love you guys!

Belle [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 06:29 AM
Addicted Fan

New thread, thanks for the newie, Sade! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I was a little worried after reading JK's answer concerning our couple but you guys have allayed my fears so thank you all. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I have a feeling that Katie Bell will be captain as well - and besides, didn't JK say that she's going to be putting Harry through hell for the next two years? I doubt the poor boy will be thinking about Quidditch much, let alone Captain duties, though I have aspirations that he'll be Head Boy like James and Hermione's Head Girl...*whistles innocently*

I can't wait for book 6. I'm glad we got confirmation that the whole Harry/Cho relationship is totally over and hopefully Harry'll get kissed by Hermione. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I swear, that chat made my day, I walked around with a giddy smile on my face. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*coconut ice*~:
<STRONG>New thread, thanks for the newie, Sade! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I was a little worried after reading JK's answer concerning our couple but you guys have allayed my fears so thank you all. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I have a feeling that Katie Bell will be captain as well - and besides, didn't JK say that she's going to be putting Harry through hell for the next two years? I doubt the poor boy will be thinking about Quidditch much, let alone Captain duties, though I have aspirations that he'll be Head Boy like James and Hermione's Head Girl...*whistles innocently*

</STRONG>
Actually, I think Harry becoming Head Boy is quite probable, if not the most logical choice. I was actually surprised that Harry didn't become Prefect in 5th year, and I understand where Dumbledore was coming from, and even if he had become Prefect 5th year it would have proved more illogical than logical, but thats cuz Umbridge was there...let me explain myself.

Harry is prone to breaking rules, right? And this is why people thought Harry would never be made Prefect. book 5 proved that theory wrong, since Ron is just as bad as Harry, but he became Prefect. Hermione is horrible herself, but its not her faul that she is, its just the friends she chose and the unusual circumstances constanly surrounding one of them.

Now, Dumbledore could have easily chosen one of the other 3 Gryffindor boys to be Prefect. Neville isn't really a possibility since no one would listen to hime (sad, but true) but Dean and Seamus are responsible, and I'm sure tey get better grades than Ron, so why did Ron becaome Prefect?

I think Dumbledore finds it important that Harry, Ron and Hermione have alibis to allow them to do their mischief. Ron and Hermione can wander around past curfew, working up some extravagant plan to save the day with Harry, and not get in troble cuz they can easily say thew ere doing some sort of Prefect duties, and make up something. Perfect cover!

Now, if Dumbledore would have given Harry the title, Umbrige would have surely stripped him of it because she hates him. So why not give it to Ron? she has nothing against Ron, besides him being Harry's friend, but he isn't important enough to her to strip him of his title. Dumbledore probably found it wise that at least 2 out of 3 of them could benefit, instead of 1 out of 3. Plus, Harry sure did have way too much to worry about that year, and this just sort of tipped the blance.

But what about in Book 7? Im sure Harry will still have tons to worry about then, but the cover of Head Boy would allow him to do anything without having to worry about Prof. Snape breathing down his back at every corner. And if Harry becomes Head Boy, and Hermione Head Girl, Ron would still remain Prefect and they'd all be covered. Plus, he'd be folloing his his dad's footsteps, which I think it important that JKR should redeem James in his eyes.

But then again, I might be reading too much in this like a normal, crazy HP fan. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Belle
Old 03-07-2004, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by W:
<STRONG>Hi Belle! How are you? Why are you feeling so melodramatic? Have you been watching 'Unter Uns' or something? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I highly doubt there will be a H/Hr/R triangle of any kind in the books. JKR wouldn't turn this into Harry's Creek, i'm positive.

As for the captaincy, I'd bet Ron will be Captain and Head Boy before he leaves Hogwarts. For some reason, I'm convinced everything he saw in the mirror will come true. Why? Dunno, just am. *shrugs*

Besides, if JKR knows Ron will be Captain in 6th year, it would be a nice misleading comment, very much in her style, to say 'the next captain' as if it was a different person.</STRONG>
I sincerely hope this don't happen. The Head boy thing, Ron can have, (despite the fact that I think it illogical) but Harry has got to be Quidditch Captain 7th year. Quidditch is is the only thing Harry has as a distraction from his woes, and Dumbledore loves Harry and tried his hardest to keep him happy and in the dark for the longest time. Surely he'd grant Harry this one thing, no? I'd love to see Harry and Draco, both captains, battling it out on the Quidditch Pitch. Ultimate Draco humiliation... *jumps up and down*

But then of course, Ron could be made Quidditch Captain, and after a while he stars hating it because he can't do it well enough, and he's such a good friend he sees how much Harry wanted to be Quidditch Captain and how ucha abetter Captain Harry would be, that he relinquishes Captainess and gives it to Harry.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Belle, who indeed does watch too many German Soap Operas. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited *Circe* ]
Old 03-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Good morning Aurors!

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellcharmed_2000:
<STRONG>your welcome, deliliah. btw my name is shannon.</STRONG>
Gotcha, thanks Shannon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelic_Auror:
<STRONG>Oooh, forgot to say, whoever posted that art, it rocks! The words are perfect, thats a great song!
</STRONG>
That was me, so thank you! [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

Wow, great discussion going on here, wish I could contribute but alas, I don't have time. *sigh* Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey Aurors! We're zooming by threads now lately aren't we? Ahh, reminds me of the good ol' days.

Speaking of, I think this is the most I've ever seen Belle post in one thread! How are you doing sweetie? Hope Gremany has been fun, but I can't wait until you're back in the states so you can be in crazy chats again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm loving all of the good Aurory news straight from JKR herself. If you think about it, she doesn't want to admit anything, but dismiss it either. I think that the "clues" she's talking about are what we've been talking about for so long. SUBTEXT. If we read HP in English class, I would blow them all away with what I've read into.

I'm doubting about Harry becoming Head Boy. I think it would be awesome, but at the same time, he's gone through so much and I know Dumbledore did the right thing on OotP about not making him a prefect. I dunno, I guess I'm just worried that it would get in his way of what he will do regarding Voldy.

Before I run, Sade, something really quick about my intro info: You can get rid of the HPAddict name because I don't use that anymore k? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Toodles!

~Nic, who WILL try to come around more often [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Great, I'm gone for a day and there's not only a new thread, but a bunch of other topics I've missed. *shakes her fist* Damn you Aurors and your excited ways! DAMN YOU!

Thanks to Sade for starting the new thread and sending me that PM. (Thanks to roswellchamred_2000 as well. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

[img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] Tired. Brother's in town right now, and showing him around is fun. But tiring. But fun. He also shares my HP obssession, but not for ships. He thinks that's just weird. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 03-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Banned

Okay just wanted to make a few comments. I try to not analyse JK's words to closely because she's tricky and it's exhausting. However a few of my personal comments concerning the upcoming books.

I don't know why some people are saying DD didn't make Harry prefect because he thought he had too much going on; so he won't make him Captain. First off, I know it's never been said but I just figured the members of the house or Mcgonagall picked the Captain. Didn't seem like something DD would get involved with seeing as each House has it's head and delegation is always good. Also maybe it's me but I got the sense that one of the things DD realized by the end of OOTP was that he was TOO emotionally invested in Harry's life and his making decisions FOR him without telling him in the end backfired(i.e. not telling him WHY he needed Occulumency, not telling him about the Prophecy sooner). That said I can't imagine he'll make another "you have too much going on so I just won't give you something" decision. I would think he's learnt to have HARRY say when something is too much for him. That said I can't see DD pulling an OOTP and being presumptious and not giving Harry the Captaincy if he deserves it and if his house members thinks he deserves it.

Okay now I am sorry if this statement offends any Ron fans here or ones lurking but if he gets to be Quidditch Captain AND Head Boy; I will seriously hurl and stop reading the books. Let me tell you, it took IMMENSE patience on my part to get through some parts of OOTP. I cannot STAND people gaining things they DO NOT deserve simply because persons feel sorry for them or whatever. Ron DID NOT deserve to be a Prefect and before anyone even thinks it's because I was upset Harry wasn't; let me say that truthfully before the book came out I didn't contemplate EITHER being made Prefect. However I felt like the message being given that we couldn't give it to Harry but since you're his best friend we'll just give it to you; seriously pissed me off. Since when did Gryffindor only have TWO boys? Was it absolutely neccessary for one of the boys in the Trio to be made a Prefect? No, I didn't think so. Just like in my eyes it isn't absolutely neccessary for either to be made Head Boy but if we are going that route, Harry DAMN sure is better qualified than Ron as he also is with the Quidditch Captain. I just got the sense that JK was somehow trying to satisfy persons who always felt like Ron's life was so tragic. Spare me.

Okay Ron has always worried about being outshined by his brothers and Harry or whatever. However if persons stopped for a second they'd realize that Ron has done ALOT in his years at Hogwarts. In his first year he gained 50 points to help his house win the Cup, second year gained 200 points and a Special Award for Services to the School(something none of his other brothers did)and now has been on a team that won the Quiddich Cup AND was made a Prefect. Ron needs no more vindication in my eyes, unless JK is willing to show us him earning and deserving it; something I for one haven't seen.

All that said, here's why I think Harry very well might be made Captain and later who knows even made Head Boy. I found it utterly fascinating that in OOTP, while Ron was given Prefect over Harry, all we saw him do was complain and whine about it and have trouble controlling his brothers. However that seemed to be paralleled by Harry's being the leader of the DA. Really look at Harry's leading the DA. There was a point made of how if he said something they all followed. When Dobby came in the room to announce Umbridge was coming, they all stood looking to him for what to do. Now keeping in mind there were a number of kids in there older than Harry was and from different houses too. Even the one guy who didn't like him, did what he said. Look at how he got the twins to stop messing with the boy by simply looking at them. The point and I honestly think JK did this delibrately; is that Harry is a natural born leader. He commands people's respect and attention and THAT'S what will make him a deserving Captain AND Head Boy in my eyes. Especially when you consider the climate the wizarding world will be in when Harry is in his seventh year. Voldemort is back, waging destruction and such. Who do you think the kids will like to have leading their house? A guy they know little about and is only known to them as Harry Potter's best friend or the boy who destroyed Voldemort once before?

Now in terms of why Harry'd want to kick Ron off the team or whatever. Well I took JK's words as more of an indication that they'll be tension between Ron and the new captain and honestly I can very much see that happening with Harry as captain. If we go back to Ron's behaviour just after they won the Cup, he was acting as quite the cocky Quidditch hero, reminding Harry even of his father. The truth is Ron apparently won the game(we didn't see it because JK chose then to have Harry and Hermione meet Grawp)and basically for now is Gryffindor's Quidditch hero. This was all done with Harry off the team however. Do people really see things being okay between Harry and Ron with Harry coming back, reclaiming his importance on the team and once again being the star? Also if he's the Captain that also includes taking orders from him, etc. Uh-uh, I don't. One of the things I always said after OOTP was that Ron seemed so different from GOF because so much of what he's wanted was simply handed to him. However let's see how much he's grown or how good things are between him and Harry when tensions come to play. I honestly don't think Harry and Ron really dealt with the problems between them in GOF. Instead they did what most teenage boys do and swept it under the rug. I can forsee tension between the two but I doubt it'll have anything to do with Hermione or any girl for that matter.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top