Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Antiquity, those are SO gorgeous Thanks for posting them

So according to TLC, a rumoured release date for The Deathly Hallows is July 31st It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it gives me hope the book WILL be released this year.

I'm feeling very much in the HP zone today, so I decided it was time to pose a question.

What drew you to H/Hr above all other possible HP ships?

Knock yourselves out, I'll be back with an answer later!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Gorgeous icons

First of all, they're very natural. Their relationship evolved in a very believable, realistic way during the books. Second of all, their friendship is stronger than any romantic relationship we've seen so far, and that's an amazing base for romance. I love how Hermione cares about Harry enough to tell him what he needs to hear, other than what he wants to hear. And I love that Harry "thought" Hermione how amazing she really is (books and cleverness aside ), I think he brings out the best in her, and vice-versa. Honestly, no other ship ever stood a chance And no ship will ever be as good. They're just too awesome.

ETA: I made a new H/Hr video : Youtube - Oh Star {Paramore} - Harry & Hermione

Last edited by a new hope; 01-03-2007 at 09:36 PM
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

those icons are GORGEOUS. Snagged almost all of them

Well, i just really liked both of their characters alot. they were both amazing witches, and they were the two main leads in the books. I loved their friendship, and i always assumed something would happen with them. When the movies came out, Emma and Daniel made me love them even more. They have amazing chemistry together, and ive always hoped something would happen with them.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

Well, I'm a sucker for the best-friends-fall-in-love type relationships, so that's what immediately drew me to them.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 01-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Hmm..I can'r really say for sure myself..I guess the bff thing appealed to me but it's hard to explain..they just seem more real than anything else, esp. w/ each other

July 31??? You serious??? Oh, I hope so!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't really pinpoint something specific to be honest. I just know that from the very first time I read an HP book (PoA just for reference) they were all that made sense to me. At the tender age of 13 they already displayed trust, understanding, affection, maturity and most importantly respect, all the things a meaningful and lasting relationship should be built upon. The final sequence of the book where they rescued Sirius cemented it for me, they worked together seamlessly, shared meaningful conversation and were totally relaxed and comfortable in each other's company. They have all the components to be a wonderful couple, INCLUDING attraction, despite what some think. The "his jaw dropped..." and "more fanciable than ever" scenes display this clearly. They are the complete pacage and just make so much sense together
Old 01-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

they DO make sense together! damn you ron! LOL.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~ (View Post)
At the tender age of 13 they already displayed trust, understanding, affection, maturity and most importantly respect, all the things a meaningful and lasting relationship should be built upon.
Perfectly said
Old 01-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Total Fan

Seriously, I don't know what drew me to H/Hr. I think the scene that I began to think of H/Hr as a possible pairing was the -Your a great wizard Harry scene. Also the fact that Harry and Hermione formed such a bond of understanding and loyalty. How Hermione saw Harry as "just Harry".

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 01-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecat (View Post)
Great video, Tar! I love that's all in black & white, it really suits the mood, and the song really goes along with it

I have a question too:

How do you think Harry and Hermione's first kiss would be? Or how would you like it to be?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor (View Post)
Great video, Tar! I love that's all in black & white, it really suits the mood, and the song really goes along with it
Thanks Ana

How do you think Harry and Hermione's first kiss would be? Or how would you like it to be?
In my mind their first kiss would be perfect at the end of the final battle against Voldie. After everything was over, they'd run to each other and kiss Sort of like an "end of the book" type of thing. To finish it off perfectly
Old 01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds great, Tar I've always imagined it would be in a very angst scenario (well, the final battle is a perfect one, so there you go). There would be death, tears and desperation, but they'd kiss and they'd be able to find comfort in each other's arms. Screw the world for all they care, as long as they're finally together
Old 01-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

I love the idea of a kiss to seal the book series, at the end of a battle..I honestly see their first kiss being unexpected, but quick and passionate
Old 01-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor (View Post)
That sounds great, Tar I've always imagined it would be in a very angst scenario (well, the final battle is a perfect one, so there you go). There would be death, tears and desperation, but they'd kiss and they'd be able to find comfort in each other's arms. Screw the world for all they care, as long as they're finally together
For some reason, I wanted Hermione to run into Harry's arms and kiss him Shows she finally couldn't face it anymore that she loves him too much not to want to kiss him and release everything they've been through

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 01-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

i kind of agree with everyone else. i would want them to kiss out of happiness, and have it just happen
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top