Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2016, 01:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Scorpius is also nothing like his parents and yet he's in Slytherin because the Malfoys belong there. I still can't wrap my brain around Albus being on Slytherin cause the Potters all belong in Gryffindor (even on the Weasley side) so I felt that they only did that to create drama/angst and make Albus/Scorpius close but why Albus in Slytherin and not Scorpius in Gryffindor though?

Good point about you being reminded of Ron & Harry about choosing their friends and that you connected that with Albus & Scorpius' friendship.
Yeah, it is a total parallel and I think they did that intentionally. And yes, it doesn't make sense why Al is in Slytherin, like I said, it is only to cause even more drama with his struggles. If they put him in any other house it would make sense than Slytherin, he doesn't have 1 trait of Slytherin.

Here is an idea: they could have put Al in Gryffindor and Scorp in Slytherin since it really makes perfect sense (presumably every Malfoy was in Slytherin and I don't think any Potter or Weasley were anything else but Gryffindor, let alone Slytherin) and make them have great friendship despite everything - that would make even a bigger impact. I don't like that Slytherin have still such a bad reputation, like the war hasn't changed people for the better, at least younger, new generations....

Last edited by zeze88; 08-11-2016 at 04:20 AM
Old 08-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze88 (View Post)
Here is an idea: they could have put Al in Gryffindor and Scorp in Slytherin since it really makes perfect sense (presumably every Malfoy was in Slytherin and I don't think any Potter or Weasley were anything else but Gryffindor, let alone Slytherin) and make them have great friendship despite everything - that would make even a bigger impact. I don't like that Slytherin have still such a bad reputation, like the war hasn't changed people for the better, at least younger, new generations....
I like this idea. I know that Hogwarts students only get to mingle at the Great Hall but if they belong in different houses and yet are still the best of friends, that would be amazing. Kind of like Luna with the trio.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I read 1 Tumblr post where this person says how H/Hr relationship hasn't changed since Harry still wants to run away when Hermione tries to mother him (that is regarding the scene in Hermione's office when Hermione is giving him advice after Harry tells her what he said to Albus)

Why do people love to say she mothers him? Can't friends be supportive of one another? - Why is Hermione a lot of times branded as a mother when she wants to help is beyond me. Hermione treats everyone the same when she wants to help someone, that is who she is she loves to nudge and sometimes pushes too much. If you go by that logic, she mothered Ron as well, about studying and homework. I just don't get it.

Besides, could it be that Harry was simply in a rush to a meeting, that he wasn't saying he has to go because he wanted to avoid her.

I think it is obvious their relationship has changed a bit because Hermione knows when to stop pushing, she didn't bother him about paperwork so much that he exploded at her, she knew when to drop the subject and Harry actually listened to her.

It's like some people can't make up their minds - H/Hr is either like sibling incest or like mother/son duo, I mean...

Make up your mind people

Last edited by zeze88; 08-15-2016 at 01:50 PM
Old 08-15-2016, 11:03 PM
Moderator Manager

That's actually a weak 'argument', that Hermione mothers him.

Hermione is a mum so if they think she's mothering him, then she's only doing it to protect Harry. They are friends after all.

I like HHr's relationship in CC. They're in the stage of their lives that they can rely and trust each other wholeheartedly without questioning each other.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

credit:Evilies
Old 08-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Nice, quite angsty but still good. Thanks for posting here.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

I find it funny how when it came to the books, people loved to point out how it is so awesome that Ginny supports Harry no matter what, she doesn't tell him what do like Hermione, which was always one of the biggest reasons against H/Hr - that he would be sick of her constant meddling and that they would bore each other to death. Well, in this play Ginny acted exactly like Hermione did in the books, she did guide him and tell him when he was wrong.There is nothing wrong with that, I actually liked the role Ginny had in the play.

BUT it is ridiculous how this was always an anti-H/Hr argument
Old 08-22-2016, 10:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Haters will continue to say bad things about our favorite couple. I guess it doesn't really go away.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Haters will continue to say bad things about our favorite couple. I guess it doesn't really go away.
It's not really so much about the hate, but the weak arguments just so your pairing would be the right one.

For example, recently I stumbled upon a comment saying how it is so sweet that Ron always defends Hermione when she is insulted, unlike Harry.

Well, there are at least 3 examples in the series that show Harry doing just that: in book 4 in front of Draco, in book 5, to Cho, his own girlfriend at the time, and book 7 in front of Slughorn:

“Granger, they're after Muggles, ”said Malfoy. “D'you want to be showing off your knickers in midair? Because if you do, hang around.…they're moving this way, and it would give us all a laugh.”

“Hermione's a witch,” Harry snarled.

That was a really horrible trick of Hermione Granger's,' said Cho fiercely. 'She should have told us she'd jinxed that list -'
'I think it was a brilliant idea,' said Harry coldly. Cho flushed and her eyes grew brighter.

One of my best friends is Muggleborn,” said Harry, “and she’s the best in our year.” “Funny how that sometimes happens, isn’t it?” said Slughorn.

“Not really,” said Harry coldly.

My point is: if you want to diss other couples, fine, but at least make a really good argument when you are at it.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Unfortunately that is the problem: none of these arguments are really good. It's just there to continue hating on a couple just to prove a point (that is weak anyways). I also find it lazy (most times) when a couple is compared to another couple cause I see all couples are different and we just tend to like one more than the other. Just because a certain couple does it in a way we like doesn't make them any better.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Funny that these polls are still made nowadays

VOTE: Which ‘Harry Potter’ ship is your ultimate OTP? | Maximum Pop!
Old 08-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I've never heard of that website. I guess they're losing so much popularity that they're making a last ditch effort to stir up drama and get traffic on their website?

There is no ultimate OTP. Everyone likes the ship they support, doesn't mean one is always better than the other. Like what was said a few posts back, one couple has their unique traits and bits compared to another. Doesn't make them better or worse, it just makes them different and that is what attracts a fan to that ship.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze88 (View Post)
Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~wanderlust~ (View Post)
I've never heard of that website. I guess they're losing so much popularity that they're making a last ditch effort to stir up drama and get traffic on their website?
I agree. And with headlines like that, it's a click-bait for some fans for sure.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~wanderlust~ (View Post)
I've never heard of that website. I guess they're losing so much popularity that they're making a last ditch effort to stir up drama and get traffic on their website.
I doubt its that - this website has many quizzes like this, about various things. This is all pretty harmless. I like that people are now more calm about these things, I don't get ridiculed when I say I like H/Hr.

By the way, seeing Neville/Luna there - I must say I was surprised that Rowling let that change to happen in the movies, it really went against canon. I don't mind it, I'm just surprised. Though it was a bit out of the blue in the movies - they didn't have any moments before DH and then BAM one movie isn't enough, not when you are making a franchise

Movies simply need build ups, even more than the books - that is why also H/G had the same issues, even if you exclude the unfortunately zero chemistry between Dan and Bonnie.

Last edited by zeze88; 08-27-2016 at 03:49 AM
Old 08-27-2016, 10:34 PM
Moderator Manager

I do agree that the N/L thing was out of the blue in the movies. I never even thought about them as a possible ship reading the books.

+

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top