Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Moderator Manager

So no angst for H/Hr and definitely no kids for you then, Chrissy?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah you have a point regarding fanfic, I find some of the sex scenes etc too smutty for my liking. I mean it's Harry and Hermione after all, they have more to them than just their hormones!

I can imagine them as Aurors too, though I can also imagine Hermione doing a job like being a Healer.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Master Fan

Yes to the angst, no to the kids. lol.

i think the angst is more realistic.

I dunno, I guess if i were to imagine it, I'd see Ron and Luna with kids, lots of them. They'd be like the Weasleys we know and love only Luna would be encouraging of the wacky things they want to try and Ron would be more strict because he grew up around that stuff and it drove him nuts. lol. So it would be a Molly/Aurther role reversal.

And then there'd be dark and cool Aunt Hermione and Uncle Harry, who spend a lot of time with the Weasley's and the kids always ask them about their adventures in being Aurors, but they never tell them quite the whole story. they're mysterious and no one ever really quite knows their business or why they never had kids. they are madly in love but not touchy about it, they are private people, the Potters.

but yea, hermione as a healer would be good too. i could see her going through medical err... healer school.

also back to ron, i hate the way people tend to write him in hr/h fanfics. they usually get the comical and defensive,protective part of Ron down but when it comes to hr/h, he's never jealous. or if he is, it lasts for like 2 seconds and then he's back to being the supporting best friend. that's just not how he would be, he would not get over it that easily. and it's weird because they make him jealous with other things, like Quidditch or whatever, but not about hr/h. if it were my fanfic, the dude would be royally pissed and it would take a long time to rebuild that trust and friendship with harry again and it would be more challenging and interesting to write than just BAM, everybody's cool.
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'

Last edited by Anck-Su-Namum; 11-11-2011 at 01:18 AM
Old 11-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It never reads like the Harry and Hermione i know. people write the sex scenes either too dirty or too corny
I do agree with this, it's why I tend to steer clear of H/Hr fics like that. In fact reading about them having sexytimes feels kinda wrong, like it defiles their bond and friendship somehow. So basically I imagine them having kids but I don't like reading about how it happened. I'm strange.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anck-Su-Namum (View Post)
And then there'd be dark and cool Aunt Hermione and Uncle Harry, who spend a lot of time with the Weasley's and the kids always ask them about their adventures in being Aurors, but they never tell them quite the whole story. they're mysterious and no one ever really quite knows their business or why they never had kids. they are madly in love but not touchy about it, they are private people, the Potters.
I have always seen Hermione as a career woman, she's cut out to be one. It's interesting about how you see them as not having any kids as I would both see them as loving fathers & mothers in the future even if they don't end up with who they're supposed to end up with.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Extreme Fan

So does anyone have a favourite fanfic they can point me to? I love to read ones that are well-written.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Moderator Manager

What kind of fanfic? Do you prefer post-war or during Hogwarts? I do know from the last thread there were a number of fics posted.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Cool, I will have a look in the last thread then. I prefer both.

This thread has been quiet! I saw a couple of Hr/Hr vids over the weekend, they were linked on facebook so I had a look. There are some really talented people out there!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Moderator Manager

You can post the FB link if you can't find them on YT.

I'll try to bring over some fics from the previous thread so you don't have to go through them.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey guys!

I saw quite a few people nominating HHr at the Couple's Championship over at the Couples board and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy

Good job everyone!

I just got my DH Part 2 DVD and I'm scared to watch it I'm afraid I'll be an ugly mess of tears again

Source

How she looks at him in this scene omg

Steph|Fics
Old 11-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Beautiful scene! I love the H/Hr looks!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Moderator Manager

HAHA! I haven't gotten around to watching it too, my DVD is just there.

Wow, that gif cleverly took out Ron in the scene.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
HAHA! I haven't gotten around to watching it too, my DVD is just there.

Wow, that gif cleverly took out Ron in the scene.
I might do a 1-8 rewatch, I think it would be the proper way to watch DH Part Two

I'm pretty sure she got to Harry first and then a couple seconds later Ron came around so they could all hold hands, it's just nice to see how she looks at Harry in the scene

Steph|Fics
Old 11-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Extreme Fan

I haven't even bought DH2 yet, have to get it! Can't wait to see some cool special features. What is included?
Old 11-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDevotional (View Post)
I might do a 1-8 rewatch, I think it would be the proper way to watch DH Part Two
Should I watch DH1 & DH2 or do a re-watch of 1-8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal (View Post)
I haven't even bought DH2 yet, have to get it! Can't wait to see some cool special features. What is included?
Disc 1: Theatrical Movie on Blu-ray

Disc 2: Special Features on Blu-ray:
Maximum Movie Mode hosted by Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) and other cast members
A Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe
The Goblins of Gringott's
The Women of Harry Potter
Warner Bros. Studio Tour (London)
Additional Scenes

Disc 3: Theatrical Movie on DVD

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top