Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-22-2005, 07:12 AM
New Fan

Fan Fictions

I'm pretty new to this forum so I hope this thread is okay. I don't wish to offend. I love reading and writing fan fics and I'd love to see the creative efforts of my fellow josh fans!

What you need to know about Fan Fictions:

1. Fan Fiction means just that. Fiction (not real) done by fans. If you write a story about "O", or whichever movie you want, it's your own take on the movie, and does not have to be 100% accurate. If you don't like a character that is in the movie and don't want them in your story, don't put them there. It is fiction, and the only people who know how the movie and its characters are supposed to be are the people who wrote it in the first place. So accuracy isn't that necessary, and write your characters how you want to write them.

2. Try to use proper spelling and grammar. If english is not your first language, it's ok to make mistakes, because english speakers make them too. Be careful not to post in large, unending paragraphs, because it sometimes gets hard to read. But other than that, just use caution when typing and don't over stress about your grammar. If you need help, ask a reader or someone to help and I'm sure they will gladly proof-read and make sure there are no glaring mistakes.

3. Be creative. Unless you are just writing a story to continue on a movie or to expand on a character (example: Trip, Josh's character in The Virgin Suicides, wasn't such a major character in the movie, but you might want to write what you think he was like based on those few scenes he did have), go wild. None of us own Josh Hartnett, but we are all fans and some of us might even have fantasies of him being whatever we would like him to be. He doesn't always have to be an actor, he can just be a normal guy who we all just happen to know what he looks like.

4. Rate your story if applicable. This will give readers the option to pick what types of stories they like instead of reading through and finding something they do not. Read the "Rules of Content" that this forum has, but I hope the moderators can make them clear and perhaps post them here so that no one gets offended.

5. Most importantly, enjoy writing and reading the fan fics. Encourage other writers by leaving comments on their stories, and give constructive criticism when necessary. Be polite when giving criticism and when recieving it, because it is very easy to critisize others and not realize your own mistakes.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:14 AM
New Fan

According to the forum rules we can post our fan fictions only on the fan fiction board and then link them to this thread.

Last edited by unomas21; 05-22-2005 at 07:20 AM
Old 05-22-2005, 07:16 AM
New Fan

I canit figure out how to use the fan fic boards.

In the meantime, A couple of my fan fics are posted here:

http://www.joshhartnett.com/forum.html

Last edited by unomas21; 05-22-2005 at 07:44 AM
Old 05-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

i´ll have to check that out, and i will see if i find some rules about fan fiction or the board itself for you
Old 05-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

i am pretty sure that Fic in only allowed on the Fic thread, but perhaps we can use this thread to inform our posters of Josh FanFics that are out there, I didnt know there were any Josh Fics, Maybe if we only post the summaries here with the link to where we can find the fic... ?? I too will look into it!!