Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Oh did I tell you guys already they started airing Dollhouse here in Belgium two weeks ago?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

No you didn`t Nath. Congrats on that. I`m very happy that Belgium and hopefully the Netherlands and Luxembourg will get to see Dollhouse. Hopefully we can get a big fanbase in the Benelux area, which will help spread to the rest of Europe and beyond.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nooooooo! Damn Fox, damn them to hell!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Fox can go suck one.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

This fits with the Dollhouse cancellation

"No one succeeds at failure like Fox" - Seth MacFarlane
Old 11-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

No doubt.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Passionate Fan

The only good news about this is that at least they have a chance to finish the story properly. From what I understood, they are filming episode 11. So they have 2 episodes they can rewrite to have some closure on the series. it's not much but better then a cancellation after the season aired and left us with a cliffhanger.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

I think we can imagine a couple ways it'll end.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Elite Fan

Nooooooooooooooooo!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:07 AM
Extreme Fan

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU....

You suck, Fox!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

This ruins my day

Joss should have never agreed to to work with Fox after Firefly.

Can't another channel pick the shop up like TNT did with Southland. Why doesn't the Sci Fi channel pic dollhouse up?
Old 11-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well it doesn`t look like Syfy will be picking up Dollhouse as evident in this article from E! Online:

UPDATE: Joss Whedon has spoken. "I feel [Dollhouse] is getting better pretty much every week," he just wrote to his fans on Whedonesque.com. "And I think you'll agree in the coming months. I'm grateful that we got to put it on, and then come back and put it on again." Joss also promised, "By the time the last episode airs, you'll know what my next project is."
________

Dollhouse is done. We knew this was coming—Dollhouse creator Joss Whedon recently posted on fansite Whedonesque.com that the writers were "not exactly saving all the good stuff for 14-22," but still. 'Tis sad.

Insiders confirm to us that Fox has officially closed the book on the Friday-night sci-fi series. (Series producer and Joss Whedon sister-in-law Maurissa Tancharoen, who also guest stars in an upcoming episode as an active named Kilo, tweeted confirmation as well, saying, "Yes. Cancelled. Sad but true.")

We're hearing that episode 13 serves as a season finale "in a significant way and gives Joss enough time to wrap up the stories."

The show is currently on hiatus for November sweeps (seeing as how its negligible ratings would more than likely drag down Fox's average), but is set to return beginning Dec. 4 with double-booked Fridays.

So is there any chance the series could go to another network?

Apparently not Syfy. The cabler preemptively warded off any fans hoping for a Syfy rescue attempt with this tweet, "Looks like Fox finally canceled Dollhouse. (No, I don't think we'll pick it up.)"

Episodes five though 10 will air in two-episode blocks on Dec. 4, Dec. 11 and Dec. 18, and episodes 11 through 13 will air on Fridays beginning Jan. 8, meaning that the series finale will land on Jan. 22.

Guest stars set to appear in the remaining installments include Buffy/Angel alum Alexis Denisof and Firefly alums Summer Glau and Alan Tudyk.

We'll miss Enver Gjokaj, Dichen Lachman, Fran Kranz, Tahmoh Penikett and Olivia Williams most of all.

Goodnight, crazy show that had the usual Whedony/Minearean glimmers of genius. Sleep well.

That news with Syfy not picking up Dollhouse is like pouring more salt in the wound.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

I wrote a little bit of a Dollhouse fanfic. I am not sure how anyone would feel about the premise of it. I would like to know what everyone else thinks of it. Mostly I am looking for grammar flaws and stuff like that. Anyways here is it is.

spider_lily: Dollhouse Fanfic
Old 11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

They mentioned before about "working on original content" or whatever, but carrying on a series like this would have been good.

As far as Joss' comment about "you'll know what the next project will be" I'm sure i'll be some Echo or Sierra or Echo and Sierra spin off. Maybe a sitcom with Boyd and crap, Echo's handler in a bussom buddies remake!